1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

You have every right to be critical. He's been bad. But that doesn't mean he's a hopeless cancer. Personally I think he's not 100% and just flat worn out. Watch the first game then watch the last regular season game. It's pretty clear to me that something isn't right. I guess it's the knee jerk reaction stuff that really blows me away.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

mchale should start him off the bench to teach him alesson however i doubt stern would allowed it...

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If being tired is why he's been playing bad lately, then he must be mentally tired, not just physically tired. It's not just that he is missing shots or that his Euro steps are not as sharp, but he's making bad decisions. And he seems blind to the problem.

Let's see if a full offseason will bring back the efficient Harden.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'll agree with Harden. Between the two, reading what is a good shot at the end of the game, seems better assessed by the player with the ball.

McHale can sit in his chair and judge all he wants. That's his judge.

But HE knows, we know and the entire Rockets team know that McHale isn't competent in the area of crunchtime.

It's obvious.

5. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

6. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Good logic.

So all those times Kobe took a fadeaway 3-pointers with 3 defenders on him while his open teammates just stood there was good basketball because Kobe knows what a good shot is.

7. Codman

You took it to the extreme. Of course that's not the best, but I don't recall the same scenario during this series.

My point is I trust James to judge a shot he can make while he's on the court and in the moment, rather than what Kevin *suddenly* sees from his seat. If he draws up a play for Harden to make a pass, then I hope Harden makes it.

However, if he's telling James to take over, I'm trusting James to attempt a shot he believes he can make.

He's not Kobe, but he's the best we have in that situation.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You know what I see as the biggest issue is that he takes too long. He use to make decisions so quickly. He would dribble for a few seconds and then pull up and drain a 3 or drive to the lane and get a foul or even an And One. He passed to the open guy like a pg. That's what I loved about him. But now he dribbles for 15 seconds and then takes a bad shot or makes a bad pass. It's not that his game is bad it's that he isn't playing his game. It's like TMac stole his body and is playing on the court.

9. Codman

Completely agree. He has that shot he can make over 1-2 guys, but he hesitates until there is a trap.

MJ had a sick game, hopefully James' sick game gets him 45 points and a win. :p

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Lock the beard tonight so we have a chance...he become unbearable as of lately....

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Did you guys see the talk between these two, a few times

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Things look OK between these two.

[​IMG]

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMFAO biggest idiot in all of Clutchfans