1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale: "Guys, we really haven't played well yet"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EarlIII, Nov 3, 2012.

1. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rockets-win-again-show-best-still-yet-come

So 2-0 even though his team hasn't played well. It's going to be awesome when everything starts clicking for this team. I think with getting Harden, it blew out the ball movement they developed in training camp and preseason. It's going to take time to get that back, but when they do, this team will be blowing out weaker opponents and challenging the best teams in the West. Tankers will have a mental breakdown by Week 4.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

He's right. I thought our offense didn't look good at all against the Hawks. Harden went off, but really, nothing came easy in that game. Very few open shots, way too many turnovers. You won't be able to out-rebound teams like this on a consistent basis and it will only be a matter of time before the lack of guard play on the bench gets exposed.

3. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Yeah, I didn't see any PnRs or easy dunks for the big guys in the Hawks game. Hawks coaching staff did a good job stopping that. It's up to McHale now to counter.

4. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

He's right. I don't know why everyone's wetting their panties. I saw an atrocious game. Lets play an actual good team before ppl get too excited. Harden had a great game. Morris supposed to play like that. Everyone else needs to step it up, including Lin with the still terrible finishes and missing the easy shots.

You guys need to wake up from the Harden wet dream.

5. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

We beat the Hawks with our B-game.

The Detroit game probably surprised the team itself - and it took some shooting heroics to win. It's like they discovered the effectiveness of the chemistry of having Harden on the team and different rotations - like, 'Hey, I'm riding a bike!'...

6. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I agree with coach. But the coach hasn't coached well yet either.

But wins are wins, ugly or otherwise. Hopefully we'll get a few more of those :)

7. AVP

AVP Member

He's right. Lin is at best 60%, the bench is non-existence. Without Harden being a god the Rockets would have been 0-2 easy. You can't expect Harden to be Jordan-like every night. 2-0 start is a great moral booster, but it's nothing to be proud of when everyone but 1 guy is not playing well.

8. prs325

prs325 Member

On the road:grin:

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Well, maybe you should bench the players that are playing bad coach!?:grin::rolleyes:

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This is a sign of a great team. Finding a way to win, even when everything is going wrong. It's what separates the men from the boys in the NBA.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

GTFO:mad: bandwaggoner

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK - the scenario that has been playing out in my mind the last couple of days:

McHale - "Great win guys."
    Team - "BouYahhhhh"
    McHale - "The offense was splendid"
    Team - "BouYahhhhh"
    McHale - "But I really want to talk about defense"
    Team - "Noooooooo"

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We haven't, in order to succeed in the Western conference, you will need a much more balanced scoring and if you rely on one or two players like we have that won't carry us far when we have one or both of them contained by a defense and no one steps up.

Right now, we really haven't seen the team live up to its potential and the competition we've beaten isn't exactly World Class. It is a good start but it doesn't mean we are elite or have played to a playoff level yet.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Everybody should be excited, the question is why aren't you?

Sure they haven't played a good game yet, we all can see they play good for a stretch then suck for a stretch, back and forth. That's to be expected with a new team and new players, look at the lakers.
    But every Rocket fan should be thrilled about the last two games.

15. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He's a ****ty ass coach

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We haven't played well because Mchale doesn't play the rooks and I'm pretty sure jones is big help on D

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is right. Harden is playing on god mode.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That way to win is Harden.

Keep the game close and let him close the game.

Watch that 4th when it's close, watch what Harden does. SImply drive in, get fouled.

19. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Every Rockets fan is.

That guy is just a tool.

20. King Boo

King Boo Member

21pts, 10 rebounds, 7 assists for Lin. 19 rebounds and great D from Asik. PPat and Chandler could've been better last night, but they've looked solid so far this season.

I'd say Lin and Asik were amazing last night. Harden was on another level, but don't sell the other guys short. 3 career highs from our Big 3 last night. Be happy dude.