1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale for Coach Of The Year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Mar 29, 2015.

1. deshen

deshen Member

2. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Definitely . He deserved it.

3. theredbackpack

he's (pretty clearly imo) not the COTY or anywhere near approaching that, but i think it is time to give him some credit. this is admittedly a low standard to hold, but he deserves credit for not just throwing in the towel with the team dealing with so many injuries, and fostering a culture where everyone seems to be "happy" and concerned with winning. i'd say last season was more about being happy, and winning games was a nice prize for that. that's flipped this year. a lot of it has to do with vet leadership, but of course it has to do with the head coach.
    that being said, some of his subs and rotations are baffling and sometimes cringe-inducing. mchale is not scott brooks, not randy whittman, not monty williams, he's not even lionel hollins, who seems to be phoning it in this year. and george karl remains to be seen if he's a good fit for the kings.
    the only coach i'm really envious (outside of pop and bud) is brad stevens. best in-game coach in the league, i'd argue.

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

See he's good, but he's not THAT good..that last 13 seconds was just pathetic.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Way are you going to blame the coach for a player who panic and took a contested 3 with a lot of time on the clock.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he may not have been coach of the night. but the award isn't about one night only.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I blame McFaul for putting Harden on a guy who has scored 40 points when Ariza and Brewer should've taken this assignment. Are you kidding me, coach of the year candidate and that's about it. A candidate.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Yes, because the coach of the year has to be PERFECT
    Remember Pop's removing Duncan for the last minute when they lost in the finals when they had it on the bag? Are people saying that he is a bad coach? No, because the sum of everything that he has done trumps whatever small mistakes he has done during the course of the season. But when it comes to OUR's, he has no room for error. :rolleyes:

9. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

lol i laughed so hard, **** no, i vote him worst coach of the year

10. RESINator

RESINator Member

It takes a few games for people to open their eyes. Hopefully playoffs will do that and put pressure on FO to get rid of McHale.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden for coach of the year, more likely

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale has done an amazing job this season.
    U guys shouldn't blame him for the game loss.
    Morey hasn't do enough right things to help the team to win. He has done some trades to bring Brower & JT & Josh, but nobody is a elite player in them

13. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

It must be a JOKE.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

HA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Good one.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden makes this coach look good.... Otherwise.....