1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MCHALE FIRED!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 18, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Morey will be next on the hot seat if they don't make the playoffs this season.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Excactly, this roster's not a threat against the Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, or Hawks.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">McHale said he has had more meetings with players in the past 4 to 6 weeks then in the previous four years combined.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/667009765772500992">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

was tired of the Fire McHale thread anyway

so I think this should put a stop to all this nuisance

5. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

He'll be on NBA.TV

6. dje243

dje243 Member

Sorry but Harden isn't going to get to "hand pick" the coach. He does have a good relationship with Thibs, and that might factor in... but management made this decision b/c they understand the need for a coach that holds players (Harden in particular) accountable.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

David Robinson gets hurt but never comes back even though the Spurs could have made a run for the playoffs and still had a contending team. Opted to tank for #1 pick and they ended up with a dynasty.

Same thing could happen for us this season. Rest Dwight. Let Harden just ball out and stat stuff for his career and for our entertainment. Trade our contracts at the deadline to clear cap. Tank hard the second half of the season. Have Calvin Murphy go to the Draft Lottery to represent the Rockets in a bright red tuxedo. Win the #1 pick. Draft Ben Simmons. Hire Thibs with an offense first assistant staff. Sign Kevin Durant. Dynasty.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

This team never improved their roster holes from the beginning of last season. What saved them last season was Josh Smith getting hot at the end of the saeason. Remember Brewer was in a slump around about then too.
    I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

NBA is a players league. Has been and always will be.

If hiring a new coach does not work, expect players to be moved.

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

[​IMG]

11. Raven

Raven Member

It's not all on him, but the players were obviously not responding. Something had to be done.

12. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

THIS!!!!

I LOVE JEFF!!!!

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think the success got to some players heads. Harden had a pretty publicized off season and lets not forget Brewer and Bev now have new contracts.

The team needed a new voice. McHale was a good development coach for a young team which the Rockets were when he started coaching. Now the team has a lot of vets and it seems he isnt able to connect as easily with them.

A lot has to do with Harden's lack of leadership this season compared to last as well

14. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

All I can say is, "Thank God". Houston fans deserve a lot better.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not sure about this .....

Rocket River
    Maybe I am just in shock

16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Trade some of the heartless players, and fire the training staff as well.

17. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

Who is he?

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Bring back Thibby.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

It always felt to me when reading the GARM a lot of salty LOFs joined in the those fre McHale choruses.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source close to Kevin McHale tells me that McHale saw this coming after the Denver loss. Axe did not come as a surprise</p>&mdash; Brian Geltzeiler (@hoopscritic) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/667012842646855682">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>