1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale could learn from D'antoni's Mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Crashlanded19, Apr 13, 2013.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I didn't realize he had a knee issue on the same leg last night, why is no one talking about that? A joint issue can affect the movement of the joint directly above or below it.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

no doubt. his knee was weak so his ankle overcompensated. simple as that.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

At least we aren't Portland.

Batum, Lillard and Aldridge are all playing 38-39 minutes a game.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

/thread :p

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I believe the more you play the more efficient and stronger you become over the long haul as long as you build to that level. The human body does wear out, and with all these high flyers things are going to go wrong, but I think in general you are better off playing more minutes than less and will have a longer career if you do. I do think a day off has huge benefits, but in general nba players get that recuperation time so as not to be fatigued. So I think McHale should keep running Harden out there.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This means McHale is right in benching Jeremy in the 4th!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, this confirms the short-sightedness shared by all coaches because to them now >>>>> future. And to a lesser extent, it also applies to GMs since they generally only have job security for 4-5 years before firing may come. No one on the Rockets care about James Harden in 10 years. They care about how he can help us now.

Ironically, the people with the most interest in the far future of a team are the fans. We are the people who care whether or not Harden can be a star for the next 10 years. I've been a fan for 20 years now, and 10 years later, I'll still very likely be a fan. But McHale or even Morey probably won't be around then should Harden's minutes cause him to gimp out of the NBA.

8. Rocket Booster

George Karl and Greg Popovich learned about the studies Euroleague teams did on how many minutes players should play, and how lowering minutes played and using bigger rotations keeps players healthier, reduces their risk of injury, extends their careers, and makes them much fresher and more reliable during the season.

They are now slowly working towards following the European basketball model on how to distribute playing time. They are simply using the current sports science and technology and the rest of the NBA isn't.

9. conquistador#11

exactly. If rv was arguing that when you're young you can recover quicker than when you're old, I'd agreed . But when it comes to injuries, just because you're 23 doesn't mean you can escape tragedy.