1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"McGrady won't make Rockets better"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wireonfire, Jul 23, 2004.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

A disclaimer: I am not with this guy.

2. haven

haven Member

Is there a lower standard for any type of analysis than in sports? You can read more intelligent pieces about aliens on jupiter.

A string of conclusory statements, with little actual evidence to back it up, no analysis, and no statistics... and he's written an article! What a load of crap.

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Since Yao is routinely allowed to set moving picks...

What the hell is that?

5. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Charley Rosen, go suck yourself !

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I think this guy is off. That is Tmac's rap that he is lazy, but what exactly was he playing for in Orlando? They were a horrible team who kept getting worse everytime they traded away another key role player. I think playing in his home town had alot to do with it also. He felt content and happy. The writer brought up, yet again, his defense which most of us know he is alot better than given credit.

Bottom line: He fits Yao's game very well and, if he was before, he sure didn't show he is lazy and lacks work ethic when he decided to workout after his press conference. The guy has come here with a commitment to winning and changing alot of people's perceptions of him.

7. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Wow, this guy just made Chad Ford looks like a genius or something. Can there be a worse piece of junk? This guy should at least read the T-Mac Houston conference script and JVG's comments before he let his mouth loose.

T-Mac didn't play much defense in Orlando, partly because he has to carry all Orlando's scoring load. When he was in Toronto, TMac played very good defense and got NBA first-defense team votes.

Also I totally don't understand the work habbit thing. You don't become socring champions and a top 5 player in the league from high schoolers by just been lazy. Isn't it obviously to even a casual fan?

Magic GM definitely paid the clown for this article.

#7 lancet, Jul 23, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Objectively speaking, this guy is an idiot!

"the young man's most serious problems begin with his lackadaisical work ethic."

First of all, where does he get the authority to make such allegations??? If T-Mac were indeed lackadaiscal, could he have led the league in scoring? And even if he was, then is his success to date just a testament to his immense talent? Bulls sh*t!!! It's b/c T-Mac works super hard that he's been able to parlay his talents into individual laurels on a crappy team.

"Since Yao is routinely allowed to set moving picks"
    What's this all about? The big guy moves around - true enough - but i've never seen him have a problem with shuffling his feet and be late to getting into a spot. If anything, Yao sets the best of picks b/c he just plants there as a big tree. What a dummy for saying that Yao sets moving picks.

:p

theSAGE

9. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Is he seriously a bonafide, honest-to-goodness CBA coach. Gee willikers Batman, this guy really knows what he's talking about. :eek:

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I'm sorry everyone. I read it wrong. He is a former CBA coach.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I actually loved this article. And I loved it because I hope McGrady pins a copy of it on his locker, on his refrigerator, over his toilet, on his mirror. Where ever the hell he'll see it all the time. If that doesn't drive him nothing will. It also ought to motivate several other Rockets.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Wow, that guy wasted all of our time! The ironic thing about this guy whining about McGrady making up for the scoring of Francis and Mobley is that Howard and McGrady were one of the Top 2 or 3 scoring duos in the NBA last year and now they're going to be paired with Yao. Also, Orlando last year scored more PPGs then the Rockets did last year with Francis and Mobley and that Orlando team was a two man show with zero supporting cast. A little research would have informed him of this.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

On a side note, how funny is it, after years of carrying a Grant Hill-less Orlando team to the playoffs, the Magic's lack of supporting players FINALLY catch up to them and now you have clowns like Rosen suddenly calling McGrady a loser?

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It was a gripe of opposing teams during the season. I can't remember when it started, but it may have started hysterically enough in a game against the Jazz with Sloan screaming about moving picks from the bench. Like I said, I maybe wrong about that, but it sounds familiar.

15. bongman

bongman Member

We should be used to this type of article by now. We always end up the ones laughing at the end. Remember all the negativity that came when we drafted Yao? Now, all you see are positives.

"If you build em, they will come".

16. feishen

feishen Member

Hmm, I trust Gundy more, a proven NBA winning coach, than a former CBA coach.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

And I thought FoxSports was supposed to be Fair and Balanced ;)

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

He's already highly motivated. :p Other Rocket's who are motivated, Juwan Howard, Boki, JJ, Pike, Mo(supposedly working out hard this summer) and I'm sure Yao's highly motivated in a Tim Duncan sort of way.:D

19. munco

munco Member

Since Yao is routinely allowed to set moving picks,
    Not the soft-hearted Yao.

this guy definitely seems to really not like the Rockets. I have a feeling he'll be eating his words. What's more likely T-Mac being a "lazy, bad" defender under Van Gundy or T-Mac playing tough, intense defense? I bet T-Mac's defense will be fine.

20. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Put this guy in category with Vitale and his "Yao will be a big bust. I garantee it BABY!" What a bunch of meat heads.