1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Says all the way it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxfan123, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

but KOBE and DWADE DID show up in every game, they don't need to show up all 7 games cuz they beat their opponents mostly within 5-6 games :D , and i'm not a MAN.....!!!

2. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

did I ever say I wish we don't win the championship? i'm just saying that TMAC just needs to play, and not talk so much

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Does he even have a PR ? He needs to talk only indirectly via his PR, even in interviews, but only during the weeks before the playoffs so that he wont jinx us anymore. Other than that, he's allowed to say anything he wants, as long as its reasonably, politically correct :)

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

right, they're the ones who will take us all the way not Tmac. But Tmac's job is to take us to the playoffs.

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

aaaccchhhooo

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok guys that's only words so chill ut, take it easy. We're gonna see in the season. We're gonna see new Rockets new T-Mac. We're gonna see Tracy playin' like with Sonics more and more.

And in the playoffs. Uff at least WCF. You'll see

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's team job. WHOLE team.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

wow, watch some more games please. maybe they did that b/c they have had better teams :rolleyes:

kobe avg 22, 5, 5 in the first 2 championship seasons. yes, those are dominating stuff. there would be games where kobe goes 5-16 in their championship seasons and they still win b/c shaq would put up 35+ and 15 boards. :rolleyes:

the heat won game 7 v. the pistons 2 yrs ago in the conf. finals w/ wade scoring 15 pts :rolleyes: . and check out his bulls series of that same yr, he shot like 42% and scored 23 ppg. :rolleyes: and yet they still won in 5.

so yes, they show up EVERY game. :rolleyes:

i could list the games for u but then i have to bring up all their bad games, which there are a tons of.

so really, watch teh games before making statements like that.

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Mind bottling, isn't it?

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no, they're the reasons that will make tmac's job EASIER so tmac can take us to the championship.

tmac by himself => playoffs. tmac + help => big things.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again, that's the thing i like about tracy, but the thing that sometimes irritates me. he's too honest. he speaks what's on his mind. he doesn't have a publicist in his ear or travels w/ him to teach him those things.

but hey, as long as he ackowledges he has a few more years (A LOT more years left) i'm good.

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

And that's the problem. Some people just doesn't understand it. They think Tracy just should score 60 points and win it alone. No, I I'm not sure if you guys know that - basketball is a team sport.

Team = Championship

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not his honesty that's the problem. It's that his honesty is warped. It's not on him, it never was and it never will be. Basketball is a team game and he can be a leader or the best player but it's not on him. Personally I see Yao as just as much an integral part but even so neither will ever go anywhere without a decent supporting cast. It appears they have that cast now. This is Tracy's best chance to get out of the first round and it's exactly because it's not all on him.

Everyone loves a man who can back up his words. It's why Ali was such a favorite. But when he makes these statements that he hasn't been able to back up it just makes him look bad and it also makes him sound like the little boy who cried wolf. He should try to emulate Hakeem a bit more. Hakeem spoke frankly but when they were handing out the MVP trophy to David Robinson he didn't cry to the media how he had been robbed. No, he b****-slapped Mr. Robinson right on the court in front of a National audience for all to see. Tracy just don't talk about it, do it and shut all your naysayers up.

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

This is another good thread to chill in, relax, eat some popcorn, drink some beer, put the feet up, and love the lungs out! :D

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u know when i put up the "BAD/SUBPAR" playoff games of guys like kobe/wade/lebron, their team wins.

whenever tmac just STRUGGLES, we don't have sniff a win.

not this year. i believe we have the talent to withstand a few stinkers from tmac even in the playoffs.

16. Jd1

Jd1 Member

haha...now that's a ridiculous idea.

17. pli777

pli777 Member

There's nothing wrong with Tmac being confident in saying that we have the talent to go all the way. We do, but like past years, nothing counts when it is not done on the court.

Still, you wouldn't dismiss the confidence he has expressed to the press. Whether he truly has that confidence inside him and believe that himself is the question.

that yao_fan_2007 guy is annoying btw. :p

18. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You know that he's playing basketball and is not part of some galactic competition, right? Athlete Jedi Athlete Jedi Athlete Jedi Athlete Jedi

I just can't believe that what he said was actually turned into a thread. To be perfectly honest, what Tmac said was pretty boring and the oldest cliche in the book. Just towing the company line.

What do the following have in common?

A)We want to take the next step. We will no longer be satisfied by just making the playoffs. Our goal/objective is to win/get to the championship.
    B)We will take it one game at a time
    C)We want to have homecourt advantage in the playoffs.
    D)This is not about one player, it is about the team.
    E)We want to win our home games and be .500 on the road

They're all old boring cliches.
    What Tracy said is not any different.

You need to define what the problem is for some of you. You would be better served to say: WE DO NOT WANT TRACY TO SPEAK FOR THE TEAM, because there is nothing wrong with what he said. If you made that argument, you would be a lot more sensible.

If you put a different face on the Tmac statement, you would not have a problem with what was said. You'd actually find it boring and ask for the season to start already.

19. Jd1

Jd1 Member

Mac Only Hater?

20. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

So let's have another multiple choice question. Choose your preferred answer.

A) McGrady predicts win, Rockets lose
    B)McGrady predicts loss, Rockets lose
    C)McGrady doesn't predict, Rockets lose

Is there a difference? Are you really pissed with what he said, or with the fact that we lost?

It seems to me people are more preoccupied with feminine banter rather than results.
    If you are so enamored with words, watch a soap opera or a talk show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.