1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Says all the way it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxfan123, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Some of the responses in this thread are baffling yet predictable. T-Mac says his goal is to win a championship this year, and he gets flamed for it? Really?? Really. Come on. Are you listening to yourselves?

2. YAOston

YAOston Member

u know what **** this! what yall want tmac to do? just sit there and say nothing like a lil p***y? let him say what he wants. i dont think anyone else on the team disagrees with what he has to say. tmac sayin it bc hes the leader of this team.

3. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

LOL, you call someone who's fighting the Yao's fans in another thread (in NBA Dish) a YOF. Maybe you are trying to be funny. This guy is dissing Yao big time by saying a rookie who has not played one single NBA game is already better than him. And his arguments are based on magnifying Yao's every single shortcoming 10 times. Right, he has done a good job to make himself as obvious as possible by calling himself Yao_fan_2007. I guess next time he will call himself Tmac_fan_2007 before he say even more crazy stuffs about Mcgrady. Please ban this fool.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i want championships.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Then you're obviously a loud-mouth idiot, accoring to some people in this thread. :)

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

cool ;) , Tracy and i have something in common.

now if only the $ disparity could be bridged as easily ... :D

7. whistlingryan

whistlingryan New Member

dude, don't say this in advance. Let's try to get something done at first.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i'm the same dude who said yao is a top 3 big man and the best center? :D .

but oh yea, you're the same dude who blames adelman for ONE FREAKIN' game that yao did bad in this preseason after dominating the first 2 games. :rolleyes:

at least i acknowledge that. u don't even acknowledge tmac is a great player at times.

and i don't like the way tmac talks a lot too but he's a guy that says what's on his mind. that's something that you don't like at times but u gotta appreciate him.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

this is the thing about tmac. if you were his publicist, sometimes u strangle him b/c he let whatever is on his mind and the time just come out of his mouth.

if you're an interviewer, u love it. he's honest. he sometimes blurts things out.

but i rather him do that than ALWAYS say the same thing. he's HUMAN. i don't want him to be political or say things just to appease the people.

but like some of u, sometimes i just wish he just doesn't even talk to the media. but then u get fined :confused:

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yao_fan_2007 is a tmac fan everyone. :D relax. but keep it going until later tonight when the game is on :D

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

God knows I'm smacking my forehead for reading this crap...

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that's what stone cold would do

13. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

no offense to TMAC, he's my favorite player, but he just need to shut up and walk the walk before he talk the talk, every year, every time before the playoffs,he says all these **** but he fails to show up when it really counts. :confused:

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u can't say he hasn't shown up in the playoffs. 29, 7, 7??? only michael and AI have better overall #s i believe statistically.

last yr was the only yr when he struggled at times in the playoffs. this yr, w/ a better team, hopefully we'll get better results.

15. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

big deal averaging 29,7,7..so what? but he didn't show up when the game is on the line...all i'm saying stop talking as though he's an arogant, and just play, play and win it all and THeN he can talk smack all he wants, but until then....

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's great to hear from Mac. And your comment is absolutely boneheaded:

What do you want him to say? "I just want to get out of the first round... I think we might finally be good enough this year"? Get real or get out.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again, did kobe have to show up all 7 games? did wade have to show up all 7 games?

w/ any team tmac has been on, he can't afford to have a few bad games?

look man, tmac in 04-05 v. the mavs played arguably the best ONE series of anybody in the last decade and yet we still lost in a blowout in game 7.

this year, if he struggles 1-2 playoff games, and he shoould, he's human, we'll still will put out maybe 1 of those 2.

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

you're right my friend. i'm pissed as well listening to him talk this way cuz he always eats his words. But now we have Scola and SF3 to take us to the next level come playoffs.

we're going all the way.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

don't u think those new additions are why he said it :D

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Damn, I can't believe some of the ridiculous comments I'm reading in this thread. Some of you guys really need to pull your heads out of your asses.

What exactly is so "cocky" or "arrogant" about this? He's just expressing confidence in himself and his team. He's not making any predictions. He's not declaring himself or his team the best. He's just saying that he's not setting his sights on a playoff win, but on a TITLE run.

... Would you rather his goal be something else?

Seriously. Wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.