1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Says all the way it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxfan123, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A00man

A00man Member

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We all need to realize that Tmac is not the smartest dude outside of the basketball lines. Dude did come straight out of high school and makes some very dumb statements. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo Malone and Darryl Dawkins were his mentors.

3. A00man

A00man Member

QFT. There is nothing wrong with that response. But once again, some people here just look for a way to make anything a player says into something negative.

4. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

You're 100% right. I've been called a Yao only fan. That is not strictly true. I root for the Houston rockets to win and win big, every year since Yao came on board. I would like nothing better for this team to win it all this year and the next and so on. And I also root for and genuinely like T-Mac as a person. He is overall, a better and more exciting player than Yao Ming. I've said this many times. I have no problem admitting Yao's flaws, and I have done this on many occasions.

That I criticize T-Mac for what he says, and also at times, for his attitude should not be misinterpreted as the rantings of a T-Mac hater or a Yao only fan. I'd criticize any player who says dumb things or does things that show a poor attitude.

But I do realize I can get obnoxious and may need to tone it down a little.

Therefore, in the interest of making peace and getting along, please forgive me for my dumb and obnoxious comments that I make at times, and I will in turn, forgive yours.

So you T-Mac fans, let's make peace and stop arguing, ok? ;)

Peace Out.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

What the hell do you guys expect him to say when he's asked about his goals for the season? If he said anything else short of a championship, then I would boo him until I lose my voice.

He's not making a "prediction", he's saying that's the goal, which it should always be, especially when you have no excuse not to with all the talent we've got.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Please dont call Grendal a Mac only fan...The guy has been here since 2002. As for macfan, he's probably a loyal rocket fan too, no matter who's on the team. there are more YOF's (for example you) than Tmac Only Fans...(TOF?)

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nothing... Try silence for a while Tracy... In the words of Mark Twain, "Better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." or was that "Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one."

And remember, "The proof is in the Hot Dog!"

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

we had a reason to flame. right now there is none

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Clearly the correct solution to this debate is that T-Mac must cut out his own tongue.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Wait a minute.

Did the quintessential YOF "yao_fan_2007" just call somebody a T-Mac only fan?

Now I've heard everything.

(The unfortunate problem with this ignore list feature is ... you put someone on your ignore list, but that person keeps getting quoted, and you keep getting reminded exactly why they landed on your ignore list in the first place.)

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL You are not alone in this problem!! Look at it this way, you see less of the posts than you would if you didn't have them on ignore.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think its funny how fans blame athletes for answering the media's questions honestly.

T-Mac's goal is to win a championship? How dare he say such a thing! :rolleyes:

13. JeopardE

This is rich, coming from the same people who used to criticize T-Mac and Yao for "not being natural leaders" and not being "vocal".

You must feel so smug. "No matter what you say, T-Mac, it's going to be dumb in my own grandiose opinion, so how about a nice cup of stfu?"

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That's precisely why you're not a successful businessman running a half-a-billion dollar sports franchise. McGrady -- as one of the two franchise players on the team -- has to play a marketing role and 'sell the product', not just play basketball. He -- along with Yao -- are the face of the franchise, and they have to pump up the product or Le$ will be pissed. It's part of him earning that salary he makes.

"Silence" is not good for business, and when asked questions by the media, T-Mac has to respond, and he has to toe the company line (Le$ pretty much says we're going all the way every single season; you can't have your best player disagreeing with the owner on the ultimate goal).

So, again, there's a good reason why you're not running the team...

15. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

You are an idiot. Where is he boasting that they are going to win it all. He says his vision is they can win it cuz they have more pieces this year. As for missing practices and public charity events, please give specifics. You cant blame him for missing practices with his injuries, cuz didnt Yao also miss practices when his toe and knee were injured. As for charity, Tmac does a ton of charity work. Shouldn't you criticize Yao for missing the media session and the first two days of practice. Yes, I know Yao was doing great work for the special olympics, I just dont see how you bash Tmac for stuff and not Yao.

16. Old Man Rock

Okay Alex Trebek, you want to know my problem with Tmac being vocal is he continues to say things that don't need to be said. He doesn't need to say "This is my team", "we're all going to go as far as I take them. "It's on me.", "I am not trying to get out of the 1st round, I am trying to win it all.", "This is the best team I've ever played for".

Enough said, it only makes him look stupid when he doesn't deliver. He is sensational but he hasn't proven to be clutch when it counts although you wouldn't know that by his words. We need Tmac to win it all but we need Yao also and we need alot of players to step up when those guys aren't on there A game. Tmac stunk it up the end of game 7 and probably contributed to the loss more than any other player. I that was bad enough but then he makes it worse when he makes statements like It's on me. JUST shutup and DO IT. Be more like the Dream and be clutch when it counts. Be more like Yao and lead your team by example. That's all I am saying. Be a humble Jedi. No need to be vocal if you let the proof be in the Hotdog!

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like how this attention w**** 'yaofan' deems McGrady an idiot in every thread where his name pops up. Then, when people get pissed him because of his disgustingly biased opinions, he goes on to berate them for being TOF's!

Hey YaoFan, stop being so mad at all the attention T-Mac gets. Fact is that he's an amazing player, and Yao is not yet at the level where
    the media is going to unanimously christen him the best player on the team. Some 'experts' say McGrady is the best, others say Yao is. They're both so good that people can't decide who the best player is. Boo-hoo, get over it already.

And for God's sake, stop spamming the forum. Oh, you might want to actually make a legitimate point here and there, so you can hide the fact that you're completely r****ded.

18. JeopardE

"T-Mac ... contributed to the loss more than any other player."

Ladies and gentlemen, this, coming from the guy asking T-Mac to shut up and accusing him of having no credibility.

19. Old Man Rock

Yeah well even Les knows less is more... IT"S TIME!

Tmac keep it simple and follow Les' lead and say "it's time... that's all I have to say!"

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You know, I've been on a few sports teams, played in my share of bands and share some effort in office organizations.

And each time we added somebody new to whatever the occassion, we knew we were kicking butt next year, next season, next quarter, next gig. We talked and walked like it. We were it.

But alas, each year/season/quarter/gig we never reached our goal. Does that mean we can't go on pounding our chest for the next year/season/quarter/gig?

Hell no.

So Tracy, rock on. Say what ever you wish. I'd rather have somebody claim they can rock my world and don't than someone saying maybe and doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.