1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Says all the way it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxfan123, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dback816

dback816 Member

This season really reminds me of the Dutch/Netherland/Holland (w/e you wanna call it...) team in the last World Cup

They were an incredible team, and their coach said they were gunning for the gold for sure. Yet they fall short :(

Let's hope the Rox can go further

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I do think Tmac needs to shut up sometimes, actually, I don't think he should be allowed to talk anything about the playoffs-EVER! I've witnessed that in Orlando and here already and everytime he ends up jinxing us.

Here's what I'm going to do on my part: I won't watch Sportscenter or anything during the weeks before and playoffs, or until we atleast win a series. Until then, I'm afraid to witness another Tmac Jinx.

There, this proves that I'm not a TOF, even though he is my favorite player.

There Yao "I heart Yao's %#%" Fan

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Well let me clarify myself. Im not actually TOF nor a YOF. Im a rockets fan to death, been one for 15years and will stay one no matter who does or does not play for the rockets.

Anyways Tmac should not have gone out and said stuff this early but I can totally understand his point of view. He is constantly cornered by reporters asking him the same damn question, eventually someone is going to answer a question that they are asked 1000times even if they know it was better for them to just keep their mouth shut.

Also I don't really see anything wrong with what he said here b/c he was pretty careful choosing his words. as a poster above said he is only trying to show that getting out of the first round is not a major accomplishment and his goal, along w/ every competitive NBA player, is to get a ring. \

Also can you really blame Tmac for saying he feel this year they have something special, strong and better etc. because every year since he has been here he has played on a better team than he ever has in his career. (Also by him saying they have something special kind of builds a team chemistry which is a good thing!)

4. YAOston

YAOston Member

come on guys, its not like hes GUARANTEEING a championship the way rasheed wallace guaranteed that to win a playoff game. i feel tmacs confidence and should be able to pump us up more. i mean i definitely dont find anything wrong in what he said because he is right in a way...we do have one hell of a team!

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thats right, I am bitter, but only because you intentionally cause a raucus around in this forum, going around and PERSONALLY attacking Tmac, not for his play, but as a person. If he was a player like Kobe who causes disharmony all the time, then I wouldn't say anything, but you attack on the best player and best TEAM PLAYER in the league. If you attack Tmac, then you're basically messing with Yao and the whole team.

6. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Boohoo. Little boy can't handle messages on a messageboard. I advise you to seriously consider pressing the IGNORE button, and ignore me from now on because it's clear that you can't handle it.

Despite what you say, you've proven that you are a T-mac only fan. How can anyone defend T-Mac's statements? You really can't.

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

well, at least they did pass the first round.

8. Barkley

Barkley Member

You do not have to write another posts. Every post is the same...

9. A00man

A00man Member

Umm, every player says a championship is their ultimate goal. Go listen to Kobe's interviews, Lebron's interviews, or whoever else. The championship is their goal.

That is exactly what Tracy said in his interview. Getting out of the first round is no big deal. The championship is his ultimate goal.

Anyone hating on him for that comment needs to just shut up and stop over-reacting. He isn't guaranteeing anything, but just stating his goal for the season.

I swear, some people here will just cling on anything a player says and try to make it negative.

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Agreed T-mac either need to SHUT THE F*CK UP or go play baseball. :rolleyes:

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Here's my post you didn't see:
    "I do think Tmac needs to shut up sometimes, actually, I don't think he should be allowed to talk anything about the playoffs-EVER! I've witnessed that in Orlando and here already and everytime he ends up jinxing us.

Here's what I'm going to do on my part: I won't watch Sportscenter or anything during the weeks before and playoffs, or until we atleast win a series. Until then, I'm afraid to witness another Tmac Jinx.

There, this proves that I'm not a TOF, even though he is my favorite player."

There, this is my last response to you.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He needs to put his money were his mouth is and give all the fans a refund if the Rockets don't make it out of the first round.

JUST "Shutup" DO IT! Let your actions speak for themselves and quit talking so much. Cause right now the slogan "The proof is in the Hot Dog" is very appropriate for him.

#52 Old Man Rock, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Blah blah. Typical of message board posters to jump all over a statement out of context and criticize the person who said it to death.

For those who are actually interested in reading and comprehending what T-Mac was saying (obviously in response to a reporter's question about whether this team will finally make it out of the first round):

Now, someone please tell me exactly what T-Mac said that was wrong, or how he could have answered the question better. Is it that he should not have a vision of winning a title? Or that he should limit himself to worrying about "just trying to advance"? Or that he should go back to his 2005 mindset of being old, beaten up and ready to retire in a couple of years?

Or perhaps T-Mac shouldn't talk at all, because he's going to be damned no matter what he says?

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

TMac is the leader and he is setting expectations for his team. It's the right thing to do. Anybody that would be happy bumping into the 2nd round with this club is ....... a loser. I'm glad he has higher aspirations. I don't know if we will win it all, it's a crap shoot when you get to the top level, but barring multiple major injuries, we have to be even money to be in the Western Conference Finals. If we get past that, then we would be the favs going against any East team.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What's ironic is that, had he said something else, the same people jumping on him now would probably be jumping on him for setting expectations too low and calling him a loser.

Such is life in the GARM.....

:rolleyes:

16. mlwoo

I believe you are taking what Yao_fan says out of context. I'm sure he cheers for T just the way everyone else does. T-mac just says things that make you want to slap him sometimes. He's a great guy and player but needs to quiet up sometimes.

T-mac is my favorite player but sometimes he needs to shut up and play instead of saying the same thing before every season and fall short.

Also he not allowed to talk about baseball ever again.

That is all.

17. bucket

bucket Member

This thread sucks.

18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Nobody is taking his posts out of context. All of his posts clearly personally insult Tmac. I have yet to hear him say anything about Tmac's game on the court. it has only been one personal insult after another from Yaoa$$kissa

19. mlwoo

His first post was exactly how I felt and then you all ganged up on him and flamed him. Don't agree with everything but it is an internet message board for Christ's sake.

Bottom line. We need to win for anything T-maculate said to be true.

20. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

Mcgrady has me dumbfounded at times because he is so inconsistent. He talks about " its all on him" one day then at times he says " he feels like retiring when his deal is done, " he is an old 28 years old". I'm not sure what to believe when it comes to him, we'll just have to wait and see which Mcgrady we get this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.