1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady MRI Results

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What IF the truth is that Tmac is just not that good anymore?

What then?

DD

2. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

THEN JUST USE HIM BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE GETS INJURED

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hey you forgot #11 and #12!

11. TMac comes back and plays well.
    12. DD petitions Rockets to resign TMac.

4. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

thats another reason we should let him play, please vote on the other thread :grin:

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - that might happen, all excpet number 12, I may love players, but once they go to the DDoghouse, they never get out.

:grin:

DD

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you listen to what elson turner said yesterday? dude didn't look lie he was makin things up. he was pretty clear on where tmac is and what he can still be.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

By this brilliant logic, use Brian Cook in case Scola or Landry get injured. Heck, McGrady is even more of an injury risk compared to Cook.

There's legitimate arguments to believe that T-Mac's ready (such as if you are naive enough to believe his statements this time) but saying we should play him in order to make sure no one else gets injured is beyond laughably stupid.

8. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

You will not be laughing anytime soon. Use Brian Cook to draw out double teams? Use Cook to what? what good use is B.Cook anyway? When C.Bud went out and did not play, did Cook make any difference? they lost right? When Shane ain't playing (and I hope his sore foot will not get any worse) will B.Cook make any difference?

Stupidity comes when you put T-Mac in place of Scola or Landry who are playing PF positions and T-Mac aint a PF.

Who's laughing now?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wouldn't expect Turner to say anything different even if McGrady looked completely washed up. What he said basically amounted to, "He did some good things, but he's got a long way to go. We'll see." He knows that the Rockets are actively trying to trade him, but at the same time he needs to explain why the Rockets aren't going to play him. It wouldn't make sense for him to be overly positive or overly negative.

10. t_mac1

he said tmac would be back to his old self after a couple of real game situations when he does play. right now, he looks on and off b/c of not really having played in 9 months and thus lack the cardio aspect of it. this is all according to turner.

no one in the organization has basically stated tracy can return to his old self. turner did.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I did listen to him, looked good in spots, and looked rusty in others.

The one thing that you and others are not hearing though, is when they talk about chemistry etc...

That is code for "We like what we have, and not sure how we are going to work him in".

DD

12. t_mac1

or we don't want him to come back playing one week, out the next, and that goes on, which messes up the rotation/playing time/practice time.... that could mess up in the in game chemistry yes.

but what elson said should be a positive thing: tmac can return to his old self.

so if the team doesn't want him, play him then trade him.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is r****ded. None of the players you mentioned play unreasonable minutes.

Hey, how about Rick goes with a 12 man rotation so that everyone plays 20 minutes so they don't "break down?"

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Please list for me the 30+ year old NBA players who had microfracture and returned to 100% of what they were before the surgery. I'll even lower the standards for you and let you use McGrady's 07-08 stats when he was banged up and according to your posts was borderline crippled.

I don't know if you follow politics but you're starting to sound like the people who still think Sarah Palin would make a good President. Step into reality, man. It ain't that bad.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Dave 78's already said it, but your point is r****ded. You're arguing somehow that drawing in T-Mac will make it better because it means less minutes for everyone. But since you already have no one playing 40+ minutes multiple games as it is right now, I don't see your point. These aren't the old, injury-prone Spurs - these are young guys who don't have a history of injuries at all.
    And Dave's already said with his 12 player question. Why then don't we play Taylor or Cook if you're so concerned about something this inane? And if you go "T-Mac's better" - not necessarily as of this point, as we still don't know to what degree his knee has recovered, and I'm taking Rick's word over T-Mac's 100 times out of 100.

16. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Closet D&D topic

17. Summer Song Giver

TMAC screwed himself when he chose a surgery he "needed" that has historically taken so many other athletes a very long time to recover from and in some cases never recover from; it opens the Rockets up to be able to schedule him periodically for these MRIs and come to the same conclusions regarding the results.

TMAC has been medically Marburyed and I love it!

18. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Agree. He chose who he is now. As a matter of fact we all choose who we are, where we are

19. Summer Song Giver

This only confused me but I suppose I agree to some extent.

20. Hball

Hball Member

Chemistry for what, a .500 basket ball team, It's not like were championship contenders or something.