1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady MRI Results

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

FTW! :)

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

My read on this is 2) the knee is healthy, and it was healthy back in September... but that doesn't mean he's done rehabbing.

The MRI would show if there is damage, which there isn't, and wasn't 3 months ago, which means the practice is not making it worse. That's a good sign, but it doesn't mean he's ready.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that seems about right, and then add that to Adelman being happy with the way the guys that are on the floor, it makes for a sticky wicket what?

DD

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

This statement says he is healthy to be on court. It also indicates that the progress needs to be monitored further with practice. It doesn't say anything about the condition for a NBA game. This is consistent with words from Corey and Adelman about the unspecific timetable.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Like this one I made a while back?

[​IMG]

6. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I'm tired of this crap already. Put him out there and let him get embarrased a few times then he can go back to rehabbing and the focus will be off of him for a while. It's worth it to me to have a few losses to get this situation over with.

7. ibm

ibm Member

omg, so the back problem was real! :p

8. albuster

albuster Member

Wrong fix. Last time I checked, Yao had won a playoff series. Eleven years and how many playoff series has McGrady won? You cannot compare apples and oranges, or better yet you cannot compare Yao's heart and McGrady's gelatin.

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

but you missed one major part. tmac at this stage is no different from other athletes who had the similar surgery. it means he is not going to recover completely. he lost his athleticism and his swelling and pain will stay with him forever although doctors did their best to keep them minimum. he won't be 100% for sure.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Which means he may not be able to beat out who we have on the floor now.

Which his supporters fail to discuss.

He is not, nor probably will he ever again be, the Tmac of old....

DD

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i think he can still help this team if he changes his mentality and shuts up his mouth.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Every statement about Tmac begins and ends with

"IF"

DD

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sounds good the way you say it and present it but this team of supporting players will be fortunate to make the playoffs.
    I am not satisfied that this team is the best it can be! I want to know if McGrady can make it better.
    If all of what is being said is true then the rockets reputation is going to take a big step downwards and no big stars will come here next season as how can they trust the coach & team manager, if they put personal things before the good of the team. :p

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Except we don't know as fans even if he's completely healthy, so why risk it? It's hardly a personal issue, as it doesn't make sense to play him now given he's been to only one full practice.
    Good god, you Tracy fans make it sound like you want Adelman and Morey to fail since they won't cave to his demands. How pathetic.

15. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

16. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I'm a huge McGrady "hater," but I think McGrady should play.

It would be hilarious to see him out there getting blocked by the rim.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

not when Air Bud could be getting those minutes... Develop the future talent for the team instead of giving Tmac a showcase of failure.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

and it goes both ways

19. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

True, but your "IF" will never get into reality "IF" they don't let him play.

We will never know unless they give it a try

He will still be = "IF" IF they don't let him play

However, this whole issue aint just about the lessons learned from T-Mac, It is also about the lessons learned about Yao's injury. Yao said he was ready and they agreed then came post-season he got injured again. The organization made the first mistake of allowing their stars to dictate their playing time. They will always say; "the guy want's to play no matter what" But they learned from that not just with T-mac's issues but also with Yao's foot problems.

If and when T-Mac is cleared to play, coach Rick will not be able to get him back into the rotation since all the guys are competing hard, Rick would rather keep T-Mac fresh untill one of our key players broke down with an injury simply because "they wanted to play no matter what".

So you're right DD, let T-Mac sit and let the young guys wore out their threads until they break down and jeopardize their future even more. Same old process right? Yeah they learned from T-Mac's diva ways, but they never learned from their own mistakes. It will just keep on haunting them.

Keep an eye on Shane, Brooks, and Scola, they will get banged up early, so why not use T-Mac now and get him banged up early before someone else gets hurt?. And if one of them broke down before T-Mac gets to play, how good will that be for your "business" side of things?

Reality bites, so bite first before it hurts you even worse.

20. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

All of you are making it centered on T-Mac when you all should care about the whole team!

I'm just so sick of this crap! it just goes over and over again!

What will you do when one of the team's key guys got hurt? only then you will let T-Mac play? that's B.S. guys! I'd rather let T-Mac play and get him banged up before one of the "future" guys get hurt!

USE THE GUY!!! literally!!! worried more about team chemistry? B.S.!!! be more worried about the team being 100% the entire season than just T-Mac being 100%!!!