1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady: 'I am proud to call Yao my friend'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

He was a HOF player and now a HOF commentator.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Who the hell are you say how you rate other people's relationships?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Colin Pine and Yao > Fanchise and Yao friendship

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We should get in an argument about who which player was Yao's best friend on the Rockets.

5. SunsRocketsfan

Yao and his wife's relationship > Yao & Francis (that i know of) :rolleyes:

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yao-ming-credits-steve-francis-194246952.html

Yao Ming credits Steve Francis with making him feel at home in Houston

[​IMG]

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I wonder if the copy editor added the word "vehicles" to the end of that sentence, and it was originally just "Hummers."

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yeah right, we all know Mobley and Yao friendship > Francis and Mobley friendship :rolleyes: am I doing this right??? Or maybe it's Drexler and Olajuwon friendship < OTs and Olajuwon friendship :grin: hahah

I feel like post 95, it doesn't really matter.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

http://clutchpoints.com/tracy-mcgrady-yao-ming-celebrate-shanghai-disneyland-opening/

This happened less than a month ago. Where was Stevie?

Oh - it doesn't matter. Yao is a class guy and he still likes both TMac and Steve Francis, because they're all Houston greats.

When people talk about Tracy McGrady today, they remember his time with Yao Ming. They usually don't talk about Orlando first. TMac + Yao are Houston legends. The "what ifs" just make true fans love them even more, because we got to see potential that most of the league will never appreciate.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Amazing gentle giant. One of my favorite players of all time. Class and talent to the extreme.

11. jdhu

jdhu Member

Aww man, my allergies! :grin:

But seriously, jeeez that's a fun, endearing, and ultimately difficult read. What COULD have been....

That 7th game against LA, I was on a flight and landed mid-3rd quarter. That score remains a punch to the gut today...

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Reaction time more than 2 1/2 hours. Man, you are declining like Jason Terry. Need to think about retirement.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Of course Yao is better friends with Steve Francis. They won all those playoff series together.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

football season

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If Tmac was a real friend HE should have been one of the reasons Yao felt at home in Houston during his first year in the league.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not me. I get a smile and think about the greatness that human possesses, a great man. Fine basketball player and delighted he was and always will be a Houston Rocket.

That Yao and TMac didn't find the Promised Land is a disappointment; knowing Yao thru his winters in Houston and summers in China, at the Olympics, wherever he went was and is a top sports thrill for me.

Yo? Yao!

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Nice words from TMac who seems like a nice dude. But I can't help but remember his slightful comments about having never played with a great big man and him picking the Lakers to beat the Rockets in the playoffs.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yup. This is why the city of Houston and all the Rockets fans voted T-Mac to the all-decade team of the 2000's!

Tracy McGrady, Rockets legend.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Who would have thought Yao would be first into the HOF before TMac 10 years ago.

More love for the big fellow now than when he was playing when the opinion around here was the Rox should trade him for Dwight in a heartbeat if they could.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG] I actually remember that team, people were hyping the battier trade w/ bonzi wells signing, saying championship lol