1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady - "Harden should be embarassed"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, May 12, 2017.

1. SunsRocketsfan

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/tracy-mcgrady-james-harden-embarrassed/

Tracy McGrady had harsh words for James Harden after the Houston Rockets bombed out of the postseason on Thursday night. McGrady gave him no benefit of the doubt when he appeared on ESPN’s The Jump on Friday, singling out his “disinterested” performance in a 114-75 Game 6 loss.

In fact, McGrady said Harden should have to apologize for her poor play.

You can catch the full show here for a more thorough breakdown of Harden’s terrible night. McGrady said it looked like Harden “gave a damn about the game,” which sounds encouraging until you realize he means that in an entirely different way.

There’s no justification for this. I’m embarrassed for him. He should be embarrassed. He should apologize to the fan base, to his teammates, to the coaching staff, for that lackluster effort.

McGrady stole the show on a panel that a included Brian Windhorst and Mike Miller. While the other two seemed a bit surprised McGrady was so vocal about the performance, the Hall of Famer dove in further.

You have a chance to tie this series up—and Mike, you laughing—but you have a chance to tie this series up without Kawhai, without Tony Parker, on your home court and you come out like that. You can’t come out like that, I’m sorry. I love James, but today he’s got to get it because that’s uncalled for.

Host Rachel Nichols and Windhorst suggested Harden’s body language was less than ideal on Thursday night, which got McGrady going again.

He looked disinterested. He looked like he didn’t want to be there. And he showed me that he didn’t care about the game by going out afterwards. I mean, seriously.

The Jump then discussed Harden’s postgame activities, which included clubbing and a trip to a strip club, which irked McGrady even more.

This is a very bad look for the city, for the organization. After giving that performance, I know Travis Scott is your man and you cool with him and he’s with Kylie Jenner, but you cannot be seen in Houston after that.

We may never know just what happened to Harden and the Rockets on Thursday night, but when you consider how former players are taking his performance and his actions afterwards, it’s safe to say something went very, very wrong.

cdrive, Yung-T, MrSabotage and 5 others like this.
  2. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

bwhahahahaa *throws mirror at Tmac*

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Hate to break it to you guys but T-Mac never did that **** in Houston aside from the "Toronto game" in which he was actually injured.

Most of you are huge hypocrites.

McGrady left it all on the court during the playoffs. He got cortisone shots to play on a bum knee and shoulder during the 2008 playoffs against the Jazz even though it was a guaranteed loss since Yao was out for the season as usual.

That's likely why he was terrible in 08-09 and probably snowballed into that "Toronto game."

Harden has these games he looks completely disinterested in quite often. Dude is always yelling at his teammates after making mistakes due to his own bs.

Harden is a huge diva.

Still thankful we've done well because of him. But he's a huge diva.

cdrive, Outlier, Yung-T and 30 others like this.
  4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So many triggered people on here will hate to hear the sage truth Tmac just imparted.

5. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Signs of the apocalypse, folks.

Everyone evacuate Katy.

I'm serious.

cdrive, gatsby, RiceRockets and 7 others like this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We can debate whether T-Mac should throw stones in a glass house, but he's not wrong about Harden. Other Hall of Fame players will inevitably come out and say the same thing(and not just via text message to Stephen A) and odds are those guys' criticisms will carry more weight than T-Mac's. Harden's gonna be hearing about his last 2 games for a very long time. If he doesn't win a title, this could wind up defining his career.

Yung-T, split41, gatsby and 9 others like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Takes one to know one.

arabrocket, RiceRockets, J.R. and 3 others like this.
  8. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

the pot calls out the kettle.

Perhaps that is why McGrady was so incensed - he saw some of what he regrets in his HOF career in Harden's play

Don't make TMac a Saint when half the clutchfans crowd hated the way he left the team.. We lost to Dallas by 40 pts in Game 7 (04-05), remember?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy is absolutely right. He's the biggest expert on the subject

10. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

11. Malaya

Malaya Member

Dream was sitting beside Les last night. I would be interested to know what he told Les.

But Dream is too classy to reveal that in public.

Watch out for what Les will do. Heads will roll for this.

sushimaster likes this.
  12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Well said. Couldnt agree more with TMac.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Only if we lose viewership in China will anything happen

oakdogg likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Everything he said may be true but he doesn't get it say it.

mrm32 and adw like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't see heads rolling. But there may be more heat on D'Antoni next year than anyone would've expected prior to Game 5. He shares some of the blame for this because of his asinine 7-man rotation Tuesday night.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

T-Mac is spot on, and Harden will have to own it...it was like his soul had left his body in game 6

he can't afford to have another game like this again

Yung-T, cheke64 and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I give Tracy props for calling out Harden for hanging with Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner.

Can't be seen hanging out with talentless celebrities. Makes you look bad

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Harden just showed the world he was truely the teams mvp. IF he didnt play in it, the team would suck. But who came in to anchor is bad performance, nobody. You have Ryan Anderson who last year scored what 17.1 , Eric gordon, is a 15 ppg player, heck Lou willams couldnt even score. So dont blame anyone, the rockets knew they didnt want to go back for a game 7 in san, to probably lose a all right war again probably there. so they were like there you go, you go get wooped by the warriors in 5 next round. Cause i got big news for ya, spurs are gonna get there ass handed to them by the warriors, and at least we can enjoy that.. peace out...

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is funny, a quitter calling another guy a quitter. Only in Rockland.

Dang, I miss Hakeem.

RocketWalta and adw like this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

luckily for tmac, he is lol.

i guarantee you harden is far more emotional and devastated over this than all of us here. its not fun to be the laughing stock of the entire sports world...