1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady dissed by Sam Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roswell raygun, May 4, 2006.

1. Wise one on top

Are you guys serious?!?

We are trading T-Mac and you still think the BULLS are giving up to much in Hinrich and Chandler.
    You guys must have forgotten the player Tmac can be when healthy.

And even when plagued with injuries he puts up almost 25/7/5, which are very good numbers, but like another poster mentioned, you guys must think he's overrated.

The only way we trade T-mac is if we get another superstar in return (which wont happen because his value is very low right now).

If you trade, you trade high, like last year, we could have gotten Kobe, or such for Tmac, when the media and everyone else was drooling all over him.
    (Note- If Tmac retains his health I would rather keep him.)

2. go_ahead

go_ahead Member

forgotten how we got Juwan?
    For any down-trade we should put Juwan into the package.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on what you think of Tracy overall. I definitely disagree with Smith's comments about defense. T-mac defended the hell of Dirk in last year's playoffs. It was superb defense. Better than Kobe, or Lebron have played.

But if you think that he will never get back to that point, then Smith maybe right. He was injured and huring a lot this year. If you believe that is going to be standard faire for T-mac then Smith is right. If you believe that hecan put the injuries behind him and continue where he left off the season before, then he is in the top 5 of NBA players.

The truth is that none of us really know what T-Mac has left. We can only wait and find out.

We do know that Smith is wrong saying that Tracy's best defense was in Chicago.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bill whatsisface with hoopswhatsitsname is the equal or better (sic) than Sammy Smut. Smith is worse than a BBS nooby.

Why pay any attention to this hack??? :confused:

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think mcgrady wanted to come here. and does not want to be injured obviously but i think we should give him a chance for next year.

he is a good guy i think he deserves it. now if next year is the same and he only plays 40-50 games then yah we need to look at all the options in the best interest of the rockets.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

the guy has had back problems since his Raptor days, this is not something that will just go away, ask any doc!!!!!!!!!! It's something that gets worse with age. He may be able to fight through the pain at this point in time, but when he reaches 29/30 it's gonna be too much.

crums17, i'm thinking outside the box.(not like a fan) i like the guy.

i don't know if you ever saw him play in T.O, those were the days. he would do so many things in the game. it was amazing to see. once he left for ORlando the guy became a scorer, that's it. most of you guys never saw him play in t.o and i did so i can relate to what Sam Smith is saying.

HAYJON02 McGrady did leave, and i still think he was an @$$hole about it.

7. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I always wonder what TMac does for his back. Yeah, he feels fine now, but does he do preventative work to stretch and strengthen it? You'd like to think he does yoga or something, but there's no way for us to know. I wish the 610 guys would talk to Keith Jones about it. The fact that there's always conflicting reports about what causes his back problem makes me feel like no one is taking charge of that problem.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I agree with you but you realize that there is a chance that we could make a decent trade for him this offseason but if we give him another year and his back is still a problem and keeps him out of a substantial amount of games, then our chances of trading our asset is going to be ZERO. The difference this year is that other teams are in the same mental conditioning that we are in- we all hope that Tracy McGrady is ok and can return to the court and play 82 games- we and they are willing to give him an opportunity to have another year to get well again and are willing to risk it- another season like the one that we just had and we will be down the drain as far as a trade.
    'Make hay while the sun shines".

9. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

If he's going to be traded, it's going to be soon. The incoming player will probably go through training camp with the Rockets and it'll be after the draft, so sometime in the near future we'll know if T-Mac goes or T-Mac stays.

If he doesn't go soon, unless he has a bounce-back season next season, he won't be traded at all because we won't get **** for him.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He has had back problems but it didn't stop him from playing the best defense of his life in Houston just the season before this one. Actually my wife has the same back problems, and and an old roommate had them as well. In both cases the doctors have told them that with specific exercises and stretches for the back, they can get better. It will never go away but it can get better.

I did see him Toronto, and I thought he was solid then. I thought he was full of himself, though and couldn't handle being second fiddle. I thought he would fail on his own. But he was proved me wrong. He has played well with this teammates in Houston.

It is understandable and may be correct that health problems have finally gotten the better of T-Mac and he will never rise above what he did two season ago.

However, is far from a forgone conclusion.

11. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Why not trade Mac + Rockets current #8 + future #1 pick for Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Chandler? That's basically the current Bulls team + Yao and they will become a heavy contender for the next several years.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Good idea. I like your proposal better! Do you think we coudl get their Knicks lottery pick, too?! :D

13. bigben998

bigben998 Member

If you deal Tracy McGrady right now, its going to be just like passing on reggie and vince in the draft, you are going to regret it forever. Let him play a full healthy season, with the new and improved yao, and hopefully a great free agent class if CD can get it done, then you can start talking about dealing him, at this point in time you guys are only making your opinions on what you saw last season, which was like watching a wounded seal fight off a killer whale(sorry i was watching national geopraphic this morning). Do not forget about his first season with us, does someone need to post the video again.

14. einstein

einstein Member

just like Grant Hill was.......

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

when Grant Hill came back, he never averaged 25 ppg.....and he's never averaged almost 40 in a five game stretch.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Will Tracy be able to give us a decent season, we hope so !!!
    A lot depends on his health situation.
    Will the Rockets take a chance on him or will they trade their asset while the there is still hope that he will recover and have an effective season, knowing in reality that the chances are high that he might never be the same old Tracy, who we all admire so much!

_____

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The chances are high that he might never be the same according to who? I haven't heard any of the attending medical staff on Tracy make that diagnosis. Is that your own best guess?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really wish Tracy would put on a lil more weight
    I think he could benefit greatly from Yao's work out program

He needs to be stronger

Rocket River

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I doubt that Chicago would give up all that since TMac is coming off an injury prone year. I still believe in TMac and in his ability. We always say this....wait till next year!

20. B-balltm

B-balltm Member

Sort of what I was thinking. Didn't the Houston Chronicle report earlier that T-mac's back problems were not chronic, but that he just had a buldging disk that can sometimes result in back spasms?