1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mcgrady Deserves to Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He deserves to play when he has proven he can participate in full practices and scrimmages withot showing any ill-effects with the knee afterwards. He has to understand what he put the team through last year with this same issue. Suit up in practice, dominate, and then you can see some court time during games. That will PROVE he is back. Not just him declaring it because he is shooting in warmups and jogging on the court doing dribbling by himself. Show some game speed stuff first.

2. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Haha, would rep you if I could.

Anyways, If T-Mac wants to play, Earn it you lazy drama queen piece of garbage. You've been getting around this league with your athletic ability, your hype and your talent and nothing more. Go look at Michael Beasley, he had to earn his minutes last season by playing defense and coming off the bench. When you learn to play defense, hustle, and not play like the wuss you've always been, then you can play.

3. mustang98

mustang98 Member

It's difficult to understand because you're wrong. After the 41st game, insurance will still pay 80% for any game that he misses even after he has returned. In your scenario, the insurance will still pay 80% for all the games he misses after those 10 games.

Insurance did not start paying after his missed the 41st game, they were already paying. After the 41st game, insurance will pay for any games he misses if he comes back and has to shut it down again.

4. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I don't dislike tmac. I still wear his jersey and love what he brings to the game WHEN HE IS HEALTHY. I am a Rockets fan first however and his attitude right now is piss poor.

I will always root for the Houston Rockets and it's not the Houston TMacs. This is about logic, reason and intelligence.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, you think the Houston Rockets is always correct, always makes correct decision? Or, even the Houston Rockets is wrong, you still support them?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I completely agree with you. But the only thing that burns me more than paying his lazy ass 22 mil, is paying him while he gets to do nothing.

Lazy ass or not, i guess he deserves his showing. If he screws up chemistry or something, kick him off, waive him...w.e

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think he is going to come off the bench for a while according to the plan if he does play

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If you watched the game Monday night you know who has the right.

9. RocketMania1991

T-Mac off the bench......HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH

10. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Players who come off the bench bring energy, T-Mac hasn't brought energy to his team since his days in Canada.

11. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

And you haven't brought a good post to this forum since well... the day you registered!

12. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Sick post.....coming from a T-Mac fan.

T-Mac is getting treated the same way he treated this franchise since 2006. You screw us over, we screw you over.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except for the one you quoted, that was a pretty solid one I'd say...

14. Hui

Hui Member

If the MRI is all good then yes. I am interested in the results of his MRI :p

15. Mr Chuck Norris

So the best player on our team cant beat anyone out there on that floor?

16. Mr Chuck Norris

LOL He already went through that. You are comparing a second year player to a 12 year vet who actually did something in the league. He was on the bench.... earned his starting role through defense. Won Most improved player, and became the best player on every team he's been on.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

According to someone a couple of weeks ago, the Rockets were still supposed to "love" McGrady. Hmmm.

McGrady deserves exactly what is happening. The key point being made by the Rockets is that they are in control, not him. I'm glad he and Adelman had a blowout argument. If/when he gets on the floor, Adelman will be "the man", not him. That pecking order had to be established. Now that it has, I'm OK with him being on the floor again if the Rockets are.

For the first time in his career since he became a star, McGrady is being forced to get with a program instead of freelancing however he sees fit. He's having a hard time dealing with it. Props to the Rockets. This makes me like this team even more.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lets just put it on the table. You think TMac is the best player on the team. I'm not convinced he is anymore.

And just to set the record straight, just because you are the best one on one player does not mean you are a great team player. If you are not playing as a team then I don't care how good you are you don't deserve to be on the floor.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

The Rockets deserve to be able to determine when he should play. They pay him a hefty paycheck that allows them the right to employ him as they see fit.

Slightly off topic: I'm having flashbacks to a Doc Rocket post following the whole microsurgery announcement debacle, where he was intimating that he'll have a difficult time getting on the court.

1 person likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep.....right now Tmac is 5th on the depth chart behind Taylor, he has to beat out everyone ahead of him to get some playing time.

Nothing should be given to him....

He has to play better than Ariza, Battier, and Buddinger to get on the floor, and that means playing with energy, moving without the ball and playing defense.

If he doesn't........he sits....plain and simple, Rick is the coach he will decide whom gives the Rockets the best chance at winning....

If that includes Tmac, ok, if not, ok.

DD

#60 DaDakota, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009