1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady comments about his return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SMUSMU, Jan 17, 2008.

1. MMFGuy

MMFGuy Member

the guy is simply a loser, plain and simple

2. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Hahahahaha...hahahahah...Sniff, sniff.. Aww ****. Our season/future is resting on this bonehead. :(

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

ROFLMAO !!!

DD

4. Panda

Panda Member

All right, business plan is in. Is there an inventor here who can invent a pair of depth perception corrective lenses for McCockEyed? T-mac can wear the lenses at home and take it off on the road.

It will help his shooting dramatically! I bet he or the Rockets would buy it for millions of money. Count me in as an investor if anyone has the tech to pull it off.

5. rocket3forlife2

man i been if they play better the fans will cheer louder and be excited about the team.

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Tracy is the damaged goods

7. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

I know exactly what he's talking about regarding depth perception, but I'm shocked he uses anything beyond the goal as a frame of reference so much that it affects him. Can't believe any elite pro player would be using peripheral objects as depth cues when shooting. If that throws you off, what about practice vs game (stands empty vs stands... well, not empty)?

Stat freaks around here- how could we go about checking out scoring averages of shooters in all arenas vs in TC? I'm thinking for top tier shooters, it's not going to matter much. But maybe for players with floating eyes it's a different story.

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

Actually, this is not the first time Tracy complained about the depth perception at Toyota Center. He's mentioned this before. No doubt this issue needs to be addressed. Add some more seats. Are any of you guys playing for the Rockets, where you would know that Tracy's statement of the depth perception being an issue is not a legitimate complaint? Wait, let me answer that question for you... NO!

Speaking of the Toyota Center, I have a new nickname for that building - The Library.

Look at the Western Conference standings. Of the top 11 teams, no one has less wins and more losses than us. Considering how many road games we've played, to have more home losses than any of the other teams is embarrassing. This is an issue that a lot of people ignore.

The lack of energy in the Toyota Center is pathetic. We play better on the road. The reason is obvious... there is energy in the crowd to feed off of. Even if it's the road crowd, it's still noise and energy for additional adrenaline. A number of our players like Tracy actually play better on the road.

There is no crowd energy to feed off of in the Toyota Center. This has a bigger effect on games than people realize.

9. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I seriously think we need to trade T-Mac before the deadline before his value drops even lower. One think I've noticed since his time here, he talks the talk, but he just can't walk the walk. He talks big, but never delivers. It's dissapointing because I had high hopes for the guy, but I think he's had plenty of time to prove he can carry this team to the next level. It's time to move on T-Mac, you are hurting the Houston Rockets...

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What if Bob Marley shows up at Toyota Center? Will it make Tmac shoot better?

11. Fariyad Is King

IT'S TIME!!!!...............to replace T-mac!

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I guess this post is actually more appropriate here than the game thread. Just heard him say on the radio (790) that there was a 75% chance that he will play against the Spurs.

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac is not helping himself out. He needs to give less interviews and force himself to keep the answers short and simple. If he doesn't play against the Spurs it's not going to look good now--he's really setting himself up to take a fall.

14. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

You either playing or your not,plain and simple.You don't feel it shut it down if you feel good get ya butt out there,no if and's but's about it.

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

:confused: what a lame @$$ excuse!

16. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

yea this guy played in the nba so he knows. :)

17. stroker

stroker Member

If there are problems with crowd noise/accoustics and the fans being too far away from the court, with so much invested in T-Mac, why doesn't Les simply restructure the seats behind the baskets so that they are closer to the court and increase the lighting in the arena? It's a small cost to make your highest investment more comfortable and perhaps others on the team better shooting vision.

Anyone questioning T-Mac milking this or any injury, is simply being rash and presumptuous and not giving him credit for wanting to be his best and not re-aggravate the injury. Why would someone with a knee injury want to come back against a pressing defensive team like San Antonio anyway? What sense would that make? He needs to take it easy and transition slowly back into game shape with a couple of games that he won't have to overwork the knee. Is he injury prone? Yeah. But it doesn't have anything to do with his conditioning as he has a rep for training hard and being well conditioned.

Some players in every sport simply have had bad look with injuries; hell the Clippers entire franchise appear cursed by horrific and devastating injuries to a long list of players (Danny Manning, Ron Harper, Lamar Odom and now Livingston, Cassell, and Elton Brand just to name a few) Were they all soft? It's just bad luck in many instances and no player would rather rehab than ball IMO. T-Mac is simply frail (look at his stick legs) and injury prone much like Lamar Odom of the Lakers continues to rack up injury after injury. Baron Davis has a history of injuries going back to UCLA and no body questions his heart.

Regardless of what T-Mac makes salary wise he deserves the benefit of the doubt (I don't doubt his injury and severity of it at all-I respect him) and he deserves respect for the phenomenal things he's done not just in Houston but in the NBA as a whole. He's earned respect many of you are unwilling to give him simply because of his playoff record which hasn't been entirely his fault and a history of being injury prone.

I don't remember several talented T-Wolf teams ever getting out of the first round and nobody questioned Garnett's desire. It was always stated that Garnett never had the correct supporting cast even though Minnesota had some teams that were especially deep at PG and had good depth. Look at what Garnett's doing now....I will admit that I think KG has more desire and competitive passion than T-Mac by a mile but until KG got the right pieces to fit his game he never got out of the first round (that I can remember). T-Mac needs to be 100% or he's not doing the team any good.

Give the dude a break-he's earned it by being a spectacular player in a very talented Association, and if necessary move the freaking seats or make the minor adjustments that could make things easier for the entire team and some of you Houstonians need to stop sitting on your hands, mingling in the lounges and actually cheer for the Rockets instead of making the games a social event to mingle and network socially. :p

18. ibm

ibm Member

^^wow. just wow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mcgrady after the detroit game in t.c. also complained about the fans for the missing ft's. how'd you suggest les fix that? get rid of the fans?

19. user

user Member

How about "Wrong Perception"?

Since players around the league all think that the perception in the arena is off.

20. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

No energy in TC to motivate Rockets/T-Mac to win and the energy in road games' arenas motivated Rockets/T-Mac?

By the same logic, shouldn't the other teams have no motivation to win at TC either so things should even out and Rockets should win more games at home (even if the FG% could be lower)?

"Depth's perception" is just looser's lame execuse. As simple as that.