1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady comments about his return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SMUSMU, Jan 17, 2008.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Professionalism is a form of respect. I don't go to my boss and tell them that the depth perception is poor in the office and that's why my performance is erratic. And I'm not even making $20mil per year.

It's a day that ends in "y" and a superstar is completely over-reacting to something because he's a whiney b****. What's next? The colors of the uniforms make him gassy and that's why his shot has been off?

2. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

yeah right.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Every time the man opens his mouth, his trade value drops even further.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

It's a day that ends in "y" and Tracy is making comments that piss off the fans.

I love predictability.

5. munco

munco Member

i love Yao, but he's our best player. with great power comes great responsibility (yes, i just quoted spiderman).

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

he's just being lazy

7. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

...umm, why are people so upset over this?

Of course he wants people to lower their expectations over his return because he is not going to immediately be the player he was pre knee-injury, and that is going to spark tons of conversation that he is washed up and should be traded. He is not going to drop 50 against the Spurs and then have 2 triple doubles in the back to back Sonics games...him getting back to form is going to take time.

As for the depth perception, at least he didn't expose the real reason the Rockets don't play well at TC; the fans. TC is one of the quietest and most empty arenas in the league, and that really puts a damper on the team (as seen with my hometown nets this season).

8. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

There you go DD, if you have hate in your heart let it out :D

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have no hate for the guy, I just want him to toughen up and quit looking for excuses.

DD

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I give him a pass on the superman comments, because I think its far more likely that he comes in a wee bit slow, and a wee bit off because of the lay-off. Of course, he could go all T-Mac on us and drop 35 on San Antonio because he has that kind of raw skills, but I really dont think that will happen.

As for the depth perception thing, that was an odd comment. Was his tongue in his cheek when he said it?? I didnt see the news last night, and you wont get that in print unless someone adds it in. And knowing the Houston media, they wouldn't unless specifically instructed by T-Mac.

11. ThaBlackKnight

I am no expert on arenas, but I could see where Tmac is coming from. I used to play high school basketball myself at North Shore High School, and there were some courts where I couldn't make a shot to save my life. Even after high school, there are some courts where I can shoot lights out and then there are others where I can't buy a basket, no matter how good or bad the competition is on that day.

But, the difference between Tmac and I is that I don't get payed 20 million a year to play basketball. I have a number of other things I have to do throughout the day, and pick up basketball games are usually the last thing on my mind. I know he has a life outside of basketball too, but damn, you get payed 20 million a year, and you play 41 games plus 3 playoff games a year at the Toyota Center for 4 years now. Thats around 150 games as a Rocket that he's played at home. I think if you play that many times somewhere, you'll get used to the court, no matter how our depth perception is at our arena.

Personally, I wouldn't like to play at the Toyota Center myself. Its a really dark arena, just like the Summit used to be. I'd rather have brighter arenas like Orlando, Dallas, Boston, New York, and Utah. Those arenas truly have the bright lights of a professional arena. Our court seems a lot like San Antonio's, very dark and dull. But even with that being said, I think I could live with shooting in a dark, dull arena if I was getting paid millions. Hopefully Tmac learns to deal with this. Unless, maybe he really does perform better at brighter arenas (TD Waterhouse in Orlando is very bright, and he had MANY great games there.) Then maybe Tmac was never meant to be great in Houston. Hopefully thats not the case.

12. marciagong

marciagong Member

I remember JVG saying Tmac played better on road than at home, I guess I found my answer now.

13. bbjai

bbjai Member

well

hasn't it been mentioned on the board many times how bad the home crowd is as well.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Toyota Center is haunted! Ghosts are guiding the Rockets' balls out of the basket! :D

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO

Rocket River

16. drobsnightmare

I see that Tracy has mincey, little nuts and there's nothing wrong with my depth perception. Soft like a flaccid penis.

Pitiful.

Move him and lets start from scratch. Say what you want about Kobe but he doesn't ever open up a big can of quit like Tracy does.

17. kwng

kwng Member

I am not surprised Tmac seeked us to lower our expectations. Based on the past, whenever he has an injury, he usually comes back with significant amount of rust. So his %FG will be below 50% and he will probably be winded
    at times. So he thought he voiced it out earlier to avoid any blame if we lost even when he returns. He could have said he'll get us the win and play like a superstars but in reality is there is a high possibility he'll come out missing tons of shots and looked winded at times.

18. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I remember some one said he likes T-mac's honesty. Yeah, damn right, he is just too honest for his own good.

sigh.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"DEPTH PERCEPTION"
    _____

[​IMG]

20. Panda

Panda Member

The bigger problem is, how can Tracy be called a great talent when he can't adjust to an arena after 4 years?

I mean, Tracy will be a very easy player to defend against, just adjust the depth of perception of an arena and he's done.