1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady comments about his return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SMUSMU, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hakeem used to say the same thing about The Summit.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, right. Can you imagine Hakeem ever making an excuse like that?

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That because The Summit was the greatest arena ever built!!! Dream built The Summit, and Stevie Franchise built the TC. Maybe that is why the "depth perception" is off? :D

3. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

This is disheartening, but unfortunately, not surprising.

4. dividend

dividend Member

If only T-Mac had Yao's attitude towards the game, we might actually be a good team. It isn't enough from just Yao because of the way the game is officiated...

For example, after the horrendous FT shooting against Detroit, T-Mac goes 0-5 and blames it on the crowd. Yao, on the other hand, goes 3-6 and says "I'm going to shoot at least 100 FTs tomorrow."

I was a big T-Mac fan even before he came to Houston, but he's getting tiring. He needs to shut up and play.

5. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

If this is serious i'm all for trading him unless some1 can tell me the Toyota Centre is really that bad. I don't think there's any1 out there who's going to defend his statement so please Rockets management and staff, trade this man. His first statement is reasonable because nobody comes out with 30+ after missing so many games and nobody even expected that of him so he figures people think that high of him (pff these NBA guys think they are devine beings). The other statement is something i won't go into.

Too bad T-mac because until now i would've given you the benefit of the doubt. A player with heart would've at least told the media he's going to come out with fire, give it a 110% and try to get this team winning again. Especially since he feels "it's all on me", at least betrays to feel that way. I think he feels he's the best but doesn't have the right team to support him or something like that. The way he gives interviews and looks on the court is a man with a broken spirit, no fire, no heart.

Sad....

6. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

Does he want to get traded? Surely he understands the weight of his words especially with our team's current situation (crappy).

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Winner winner chicken dinner! He's a quitter and has decided like many of the fans and writers that this team isn't going anywhere. He doesn't want soil his rep like he did in Orlando by demanding a trade so he is going this route.

A few more snide comments and poorly played games will net him his exit. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, it won't happen until the offseason.

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Both Yao and Tracy have negative outlooks and they both blame outside things for their failure.You are starting to see why they can't get out of the first round and why they are struggling this season.

It aint jeff,It aint Rick adelman and It aint rick carlsile or larry brown or even rafer alston. The problem lies with Tracy mcgrady and Yao ming. Do these guy's have what it takes to win is the question. Just listen to what these dudes say

YAO MING
    When asked why he walked out of the post-game press conference yesterday, Yao Ming said: "I'm feeling very very sad and bad at the time. That was the darkest moment of my life. We must make changes."

Lastly, Yao Ming made the following analogy about the Houston Rockets: "Now we are just like a sinking ship. There is a big hole in the ship, and we must fix that hole quickly."

TRACY MCGRADY
    Toyota Center and that is the reason we do not play well at home. "You can ask other players around the league" the depth perception in this place is horrible, the stands behind the basket are too far.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

What T-Mac's saying is the crowd is too far from the court, so it's hard to have a "homecourt advantage". I know for a fact that Dallas' crowd is very close to the court because you can never see the bottom of the court on TV when they all stand up. It does play a factor especially for a guy like T-Mac who feeds off the crowds' energy.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Actually the problem with his depth perception has more to do with his lazy eye than how far the stands are. I have a similar problem, where my right eye is stronger than my left and I suffer from depth perception problems. And thats considering I don't have a crazy eye like Tmac, I can't imagine how his depth perception is with that eye going every which way.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

OMG. This is just loser talk. I've been biting my tongue and avoiding the GARM, but this is such a stupid statement about depth perception. He's had great seasons every year he's been here. Suddenly he brings up depth perception?

Here's what I'm looking for, once and for all: Tmac has one more chance to comeback and start answering all the questions and doubts w/ his play. That's it. No more excuses. I don't care if 3 guys suddenly get injured. People will still recognize great basketball (no one ever doubted KG's efforts in MN did they?).

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and let him get a few games under his belt before really evaluating him. It's only fair, he's been out a few weeks and I don't expect him to start slashing to the basket off the opening tip. Just make sure you don't use this excuse as another excuse a month from now Tmac...

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Don't think yall understand what T-Mac's talking about. He's not talking about it affecting his shooting. He's just saying it's hard to feed off the home crowd since they're so far away. He used the word "depth perception" wrong though so that's why it's confusing. :D

13. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

This is all true but at some point you have to take resonsibility and start feeding off of your own energy. It's true but you really don't make an excuse about something like this.

14. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Tracy is right because they don't have a real home court advanatage,You don't hear the crowd into to it like at arco or oracle arena and the road teams seems unohased by our crowd. I know Rick see's a big diffrence from arco arena to the toyota center

15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

T-Mac is mentally weak. Larry Bird never cared what arena they were playing in.... :rolleyes:

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Toyota Center sucks balls.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I do think he is leaning that way, but he is so fickle that I think the team can succeed and get him back on the bandwagon.

DD

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Hear's the thing about the home crowd...for better or worse Houston just doesn't have the type of fans that will come and rabidly cheer every game, win or lose. However, when the team is winning, the fans are there and they make noise and yes that does help the team (regardless of how far they are from the court). We saw it happenng last year during the regular season and the playoffs (where the home team won every game except the last). C'mon, where was this talk last year?!

TC can be LOUD when the fans want it to be...and if the team wants to motivate the fans, maybe they should play like they actually care.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On TV, the toyota center does sound awfully quiet compared to other arenas.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This reminds me of when Larry Legend came back from his back injury and told the media not to expect much from him for a while. Then, he complained about the parque floor of Boston Garden and how slippery and uneven it was.

Oh wait, he never whined about his back and he and the rest of the Celtics took full advantage of the shortcomings of their homecourt to become almost unbeatable at home.