1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady comments about his return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SMUSMU, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

Did anybody see Fox26 last night?

I am about freaking tired of T-Mac. I am a huge Tracey supporter, but come on. He wants evrybody to lower their expectations about his return because he has not played in a month. In his own words "Do not lokk for me to go out and score 30 points in my first game back." Then he went to complain about the Toyota Center and that is the reason we do not play well at home. "You can ask other players around the league" the depth perception in this place is horrible, the stands behind the basket are too far.

T-Mac the reason we are excited for your return is because YOU ARE OUR BEST PLAYER. Do not downplay your return to the team. And stop making so many excuses, DEPTH PERCEPTION you have been playing in this arena for 4 years now. Why bring this out now?

I am still a fan, but T-Mac you need to grow a pair.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am sick of his excuses, other teams have to play the games in the TC too but somehow they manage to MAKE their baskets.

The guy is a walking ****ing excuse maker.

DD

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Man Up T-Mac!

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol, the depth perception wouldn't matter if our fans would be in their seats and cheer loudly. damn you cooperate douches!!

5. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

If the depth perception thing is true, then you would think that would give us a home court advantage due to being, you know...used to it.

6. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

My point exactly, and plus every new arena I have been in is built exactly the same way. I know the American Airlines Center in Dallas is, I have been their multiple times.

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

If the depth perception is so bad for shooting, then why doesn't he try to be more aggressive and take the ball to the basket??? What a pathetically lame excuse.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

depth perception? as many great games he's had in that place I can't believe he's using that as an excuse... I guess Calvin Murphy was right about him

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

i feel you but if you're paid 20M to play.. do you really need a cheering squad?

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Of course not. In fact, with as much money as NBA players make, none of them should need a cheering squad. But we can't deny that a great crowd can really motivate a team. Check the crowds for Golden State, San Antonio and even the Knicks as bad as they are. Their fans still show up and depending on how they are playing, will cheer or boo them out of the building.

I'm not saying a good crowd will turn the season around because it's obvious we need more than that.

11. Omer

Omer Member

Good point.

12. daRox

daRox Member

If he actually said that, wow :rolleyes: Depth perception would be an advantage to us. Doesn't NBA oversee court designs and constructions? They must meet standards, right? Come on, T-Mac...man up, dude.

13. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He's right but we need to find ways to close these games out but at the same time you can't deny what he is saying.

But again you have to start to question your so called super star players.Do they have what it takes to advance to the next level.These dues in my opinion don't know how to win

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

TMac can build houses anywhere he goes, it's not exclusive to Houston.

Besides if I recall, they had a pretty decent record at home last season when they were winning and the fans were excited and ready to support them.

And even though I'm tired of hearing the team admit their mistakes without actually showing much improvement...at least they don't make excuses or milk injuries like he seems to be doing.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depth perception problems would automatically become an ADVANTAGE because we play 42 games there, we can adjust. The other teams see it 1-2 times a year. Thats it. Worthless idiot should have went to college.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow Tracy, just wow........

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tracy is just too honest for his own good.

But I have noticed that the lighting in toyota center is a little odd.

18. yobod

yobod Member

The seats he's talking about are behind the basket on both sides. Those are not corporate seats, anybody can buy those. I have 2 tickets on row 10 sect 126 which is behind the basket. I think they are mainly reserved for people with ticket plans. If anything, my section is almost always full, regardless of who we play. He's just being a whiny b**ch.....depth perception...really? Would you ever hear guys like Kobe, Duncan, Nash, LeBron...hell, even Dirk or Yao complain about something like depth perception? Hell no.

19. KillaBlackMamba

well, not to take sides with Tmac b/c Lord knows I cant stand that quitter with his daily excuses BUT...

it has been well documented that a lot of players/marketing groups have stated in past that rockets stands are much further from the court than most other arenas...specifically dallas, because if you notice, you cant even see the court clearly from the bottom at tiems due to the fans standing up etc...this is not the case with TC....but nonetheless, TMAC needs to shut his trap and play or else he's going to end up being another quitten project

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You don't see the Jazz players complaining about their elevation on their home-court and here's t-mac complaing about... depth perception? im sorry but... mwahahahaahahahaahaha.... hahahaahahahaaahaahaha

... hahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahaa

ha.. ha... ha

im sorry but hahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaha