1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCartney divorce could cost up to $140 million!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by famicom, Oct 11, 2007.

1. famicom

famicom Member

Good lord that's a lot of money! I can hear Kanye in the background to this article..

Link

LONDON (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills met in court on Thursday as British media speculated their divorce battle might be drawing to a close.

News reports said Mills could receive between 20 million and 70 million pounds ($40 million and 140 million) in a final settlement, including a one-off lump sum plus annual payments.

McCartney's spokesman said it was unlikely the star would be issuing a statement on Thursday, while Mills's spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

Mills, 39, was bundled into the London court via the back entrance, under a cover thrown over her by security guards, photographers said. McCartney arrived several minutes later.

They left separately in the early evening, making no comment to reporters about what went on in the closed hearing.

The settlement could set a record for a contested divorce award in British courts. In August last year, insurance magnate John Charman was ordered to pay his wife 48 million pounds after they divorced in 2003 after 27 years of marriage.

McCartney, 65, who has a fortune estimated at about 825 million pounds, married Mills in 2002. They have a daughter, Beatrice, who turns four later this month.

The Sun newspaper quoted an unidentified friend of Mills as saying the couple wanted to settle the divorce before Beatrice's fourth birthday. This would mean they had about three weeks to finalize the details.

The split has been played out in the full glare of the media, which has cast Mills as a gold digger and publicity seeker -- suggestions she denies.

Mills works for several charities, including those involved in banning landmines and preventing cruelty to animals.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

That is a ridiculous amount of money! She should at least earn it a bit and play for the Knicks.

3. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

actually, 20 mil out of 825 mil isn't really that big of a percentage

4. lcc179

lcc179 Member

"Ask ask Paul McCartney.
    The lawyers couldn't stop me."
    Slaughtering them pockets had to tie her to a rock and
    Send her into outer space, I know he wish he could
    Cause he paying 20k a day, that b*tch is eating good.

-Big Boi

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

No big deal- Paul McCartney probably made that much money from some of the following horrible songs:

" Band on the Run"
    "Silly Love songs"
    "Ebony and Ivory"
    "Obladi Oblada"

I'm sure these songs will be featured music in hell when I get there

6. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Oh I agree, Band On The Run and Ob La Di Ob La Da are horrible. Not as bad as Hey Jude, Let It Be, Sgt. Pepper, Let Me Roll It, Lady Madonna, All My Loving, Let 'Em In, We Can Work it Out, Getting Better, I've Got A Feeling, For No One, Venus and Mars, I'm Looking Through You, Mother Nature's Son, Every Night, Maybe I'm Amazed, I Saw Her Standing There, Take It Away, Live And Let Die, or Get Back, but terrible nonetheless.

He sucks so bad. The history of pop music would be so much richer had he not cursed us with his shallow, unoriginal, atonal catalog of music which has made him the most successful composer of the modern era. What a hack.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He sucks just like that loser Brian Wilson!

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

band on the run sucks? that song kicks ass.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvuF1gUS0DE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvuF1gUS0DE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

HALF!

10. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Being sarcastic right?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Paul was "dumb enough" to fall in love and say, "to hell with a pre-nep!" I feel sorry for the guy. He fell in love and was "rewarded" with a media circus and a chick who wants to get a large chunk of what he earned from a long and brilliant career... one in which she had no part. Bummer for McCartney.

12. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

so he's only going to have about 1.2 billion left in the bank?

which cuts his investment income ( assuming he invests conservatively) to about 60 million dollars a year

that only 5 million dollars a month!!

so he will be able to spend a million dollars a week for the rest of his life and still pass on a billion dollars to his heirs

I really feel sorry for poor old Paul

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Tricked by a one legged ho.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

is he going on tour?

I'd like to purcahse a few tickets.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

haha, nice.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

we know where the other one is now. .. .
    cause
    she broke her foot off in his *ss

Rocket River

17. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

lol..damn

18. Fatty FatBastard

Regardless, the woman certainly didn't deserve that amount for a couple years in the sack.

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Anybody worth that kind of money who marries without a pre-nup is an absolute idiot, including Sir Paul. You reap what you sow.