1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

McCain's Crowd Denounced By McCain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes you are partially correct, the money funding CAC came from William Annenberg's foundation which challenged America to bring reform to our schools across America, and most importantly to our children and their teachers. But once his wife released the funds they had no oversight on how the money was used. So Ayers wrote a clever proposal on how he could help the struggling Chicago schools with his, (No one ever said the guy was stupid) and coerced the Annenburg Challenge to award 49 million dollars based on that proposal and another 98 million was matched by mayor Daley.

So saying a republican gave him the money a moot point. After Ayers and Obama got the money they proceeded to distribute it to folks like Acorn who knew nothing educating children.

And your point about the money not being spent at all is incorrect. They Mr. Annenburg had 500 million dollars allocated for this project. And his hope was that this money would go towards helping the children and their teachers. He gave the money away with the stipulation that the community had to match the funds and he thought would cause people to use the money properly. A sort of self serving oversight. Little did know of the Political Chicago machine. Dayley quickly allocated 98 million of more than matching funds and then handed it over to Obama and Ayers. 150 Million bucks and no oversight, wow.

Barack Obama a young inexperienced lawyer was chosen over some of Chicago’s top leaders in education to be the distribution man. And Ayers appointed him. Do you still believe they didn't know each other? Would you allow a stranger to have acces to your bank to distribute your money? Of course Obama's camp is saying that some other lady chose Obama but the fact is Ayers was the only one on that board that could appoint someone.

Personally I would have rather seen the money that didn't directly benefit the children ( and there was millions) burnt. What a waste and no one is looking at this aspect of Ayers and Obama's relationship.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobdy said they didn't know each other. What was said is that they didn't have a significant relationship.

I still say that. I've asked people to be on boards that I had never met before but knew of their work and dedication to projects similar to what I was working on. So I engaged them to be on the board. I knew that they had the ability to help raise money.

Quit acting like it was handed over to Obama and Ayers. They were but two members of that board. I am correct that the money wouldn't have been spent at all if it wasn't for that organization and their work. Your own posts pretty much makes that plain.

It isn't too uncommon for 501 non-profit groups to not have official oversight. That is handled internally. That's how those groups work. So you railing on about lack of oversight is just silly.

It's like saying the SPCA is dangerous because they don't have any oversight about children under 16 working more than 40 hour weeks without a guardian present.

Of course they don't have oversight on that. No organization like that has oversight dealing with that. It's a red herring.

Or if you want to talk about oversight let's talk more about Annenberg. The fact that a GOP conservative gave Ayers money is far from a moot point. It goes right to the point that for some reason it's ok for some people to have a direct connection to Ayers but not OK for Obama to serve on the same board. Obama didn't give Ayers millions of dollars. That was done by a conservative who's widow is a current supporter of McCain.

Where was the oversight on the Annenberg's on who was receiving their money. There was no oversight there, and now look who's supporting McCain?

Sorry but the logic just doesn't hold up. You have to contort and make so many twists to make that connection, it's ridiculous.

3. Old Man Rock

You are so full of **** Fishdick! Yeah I copied some (not from that sight) but I have read across many boards. And whether I copied some of it or not doesn't make it less true. Yeah of course you must reject my post as bs from a McCain supporter. You don't want to see anything against youtr prince. But the prince is got a snake in his hat and noone wants us to see it. I am hispanic and have voted mostly democratic most of my life. But at best Obama is a hungry candidate who will say whatever it takes to get elected, At worst he is scary.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8Ys8iXTiU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8Ys8iXTiU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

MAXIMUM EXPOSURE

a play in one act​

by SamFisher, Esq.​

5. Old Man Rock

Who is contorting and twisting? I am telling you what I have read and the more I read the more I don't trust this man. He is hiding too much.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are twisting and contorting as are those that are making the claims. It's far easier to make the claim that McCain is racist. It takes fewer stretches to make the connections.

McCain worked closely for decades with known racists such as Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, and even a former Klansman in Robert Byrd.

The only one of those to renounce his racist ways was on the opposite side of the aisle. McCain worked on the same side with the other racists. Let's look at McCain's votes against a national MLK holdiay. McCAin's support for South Carolina to keep the rebel flag as part of their state flag.

Clearly McCain works on the same side of the aisle with racists and supports racially divisive symbols such as the confederate flag flying over the South Carolina capitol and voted against a national MLK holiday.

When is McCain going to come out and denounce Helms, Thurmond? He never did. He just kept right on working with them day and day out.

Unlike members of some board who might barely see each other McCain worked with these racists.

Now that's not necessarily what I believe, but it's easy to make the twists and BS accusations for that.

7. ProjectRockets

Do things only get this heated and entertaining during election times here in the D&D?

Do people shed their D&D hat and don a different hat when posting elsewhere on the board? I imagine it would be hard.

How do folks get along outside of the D&D on these here internets?

Oh and don't forget, McCain said he will 'hate the "Gooks" for the rest of his life', never distinguishing between the VCs that imprisoned him and the people he was trying to liberate. Not too big of a stretch at all.

8. rocket3forlife2

L.B.J and J.F.K were the reasons that the voting rights act, and the civil rights act passed right?

Answer this...How many open racist and southern segregationist do you think they were friends with?

Let me give you a hint...It's more then 0

I'm sure every president we have had has had somebody they know they we would find to be an anti-Semite, but now since the candidate is half-black, now worry?

I think people need to learn how to walk in other peoples shoes for a change and get out of the box that they been in.

I think this all equates to is a cultural misunderstanding

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McCain was on the board of an organization described by the ADL as a place that "has increasingly become a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racists and anti-Semites" in addition to many other unsavory attributes.

If you want, I can also give you a list of McCain associates that range somewhere between questionable, crazy, and criminal. These would include people who have actually been convicted of crimes, unlike Ayers. A list which would make Obama's list of supposed bad associates seem laughably short.

Not that this is any great revelation, but I guess people only see what they want, or believe what reinforces their world view.

10. fmp087

fmp087 Member

These republicans at these rallies seem to have a cult-like ignorance..it's truly scary

11. fmp087

fmp087 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjxzmaXAg9E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjxzmaXAg9E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

bloodlines...

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Blah blah blah.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That was tamer than the other videos. Pretty weak.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Blah blah blah blah.....

:D ;)

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This is akin to planting seeds, and then being angry when a plant grows.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nice points, Otto, but I hope you don't think you'll get a real reply from anyone obsessed with the Ayers herring just now.

None of those folks have tried to answer what they think the "snake" is here. So I still have to assume people like Old Man Rock think Obama is going to reconstitute the Weathermen, from the front lawn of the Whitehouse, and start trying to bomb the pentagon after everyone's gone home for the day again. So, so dishonest of Obama to keep that policy out of his official public platform!

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

That's deep. I like that.

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After John Lewis compares the McCain campaigns hate mongering to George Wallace, McCain plays the victim card and tries to pin Lewis' words to Obama by demanding a repudiation:
    This is why Obama doesn't call out the racially charged innuendo. McCain is just wanting a chance to paint Obama "the angry black man" and pretend to be the victim. This is classic race baiting and Obama ain't biting (yet).

Meanwhile, the woman who called Obama an 'Arab' or 'Arab terrorist' says she came to that conclusion from a pamphlet she received from a McCain campaign volunteer:
    McCain's own words accurately describe the politics of his campain (sorry I could only find this clip of McCain talking about negative politics within a DNC ad):
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHW-RO1_WN0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHW-RO1_WN0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I want to see that letter too. It's probably some chain mail where Wall Street will melt down if you don't forward to a 100 people.