1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCain, an ACORN supporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pppbigppp, Oct 13, 2008.

1. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/?source=refresh

This article reminds me, when is the last time John talk about his immigration reform? :confused:

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ACORN release:

3. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

[​IMG]

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Acorn_pushes_back_hugs_McCain.html?showall

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Acorn doesn't fall far from the prison cmap.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ha... and yet McCain called them out in public for possible voter fraud.

Obama has not.

Who is ready to lead? The one willing to break ranks and demand discipline.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Certainly not John McCain. He was speaking out against the lies and fear mongering at the townhall while his campaign was attacking Obama for speaking out against the threats and mob mentality at some of the other events.

He can't even reign in his own campaign.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It is always fair to judge a man by his closest company.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX1HNAPX-u4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX1HNAPX-u4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But if you really want to know a man's true colors watch how he treats his own family.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UC2LyadYn4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UC2LyadYn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the first clip is based on exaggerating the ties with people he knows.

The second clip is based on calling someone Obama barely knows a family member and trying to make it seem like he's being ignored. Obama met the guy twice in his entire life.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are entirely right. You've convinced me not to vote for McCain. I don't want a president who hangs around with people who are known felons that have been arrested for subverting the Constitution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Indeed, I'll take the candidate who is kind, loving and consistent for his wife and kids. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't want to vote for someone who dumped his first wife when it felt convenient, remarried quickly for money, and even then couldn't keep himself from shouting down his wife with cries of "c***!" in the presence of reporters.

Barack is the family man in this election. Again, thank you for the reminder.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What a bizarre thing for him to bring up.

Yeah, let's focus on how one candidate "treats" a half-brother he's never had any relation with, and look past the candidate that screwed over his first wife.

I don't have a quarrel with people who dislike Obama for his political leanings. But some of these issues that are brought up against him are just ridiculous.

13. rocket3forlife2

Both McCain and Palin are the only presidential nominees in american history who has been in major scandals.McCain with Keating 5, and palin with trooper gate...The Mavericks are coming to change washington alright, but not for the better.

Let's see, McCain cheats and eventually leaves his disabled wife and 2 kids, who waited for him at home while he was a POW, for a rich drug addict. McCain calls his Wife a **** in public infront of a buch of congressman.

Using the family excuess isn't a winning issue for you. would you care to try another?

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Old Man Rock = Old Man Lunacy

#14 rhadamanthus, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Bill Clinton. Paula Jones. Gennifer Flowers. Ring a bell?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This ACORN scandal is really taking a toll on McCain -- he's now trailing by 11+ points in the latest polls.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

John Mccain: I support nuts and I approve this message!

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not that I see affiliation was ACORN as a bad thing, but I don't think attending an event that was co-sponsored by ACORN with a bunch of other organizations implies any support for ACORN, generally -- just as serving on a board with Ayers does not imply any support for Ayers by Obama.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What a national disgrace. I'm sure Rush Limbaugh gave her a real grilling on important policy points.

I call on Palin to "rein in" whaling by the Japanese government. The main stream media denies that she controls this industry, but we know there's more to the story. You betcha!