1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Needs to visit Germany on a 3-day vacation before game 3.

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I was wondering how a Luc thread turned into a Capela thread and then I found the usual suspect.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not sure what that means. He's playing hurt and is tentative at the rim, therefore missing shots he was hitting all season. He has never been a 3 point marksman, but was hitting a fair clip from the wing. That rhythm is gone, but you can't build rhythm without getting minutes, and you can't get minutes when you can't score bunnies at the rim. He's still a great defender. But this isn't the same Luc we had during the regular season. His timing and rhythm are off.

RocketRoller and saleem like this.
  4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Confidence goes a long way my guy.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I thought it was over? Done with? So why you still here? Crying b****.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My favorite thing about Game 2 garbage time was they used part of it to give Luc some bunny practice.

hakeem94, saleem, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the caveat would be that Ryno or JJ could not play at the same time as Gerald Green. Ryno in the two victories against Golden State during the regular season actually averaged double digit rebounds. He has size and his lack of defense is more due to lack of athleticism versus awareness (like GG). JJ same thing he is not a good defender now because of age but in spot areas can be average. Ryno ability to get defensive rebounds is still a key aspect of defense when it comes to limiting possessions. I am by no means saying Ryno is an average defender or anything, but he isnt going to be Enes Kanter out there either.

Again this is in specific stretches of the game. Especially when Curry and Durant are sitting and the Warriors are going with a less potent offensive lineup. The one sort of dirty secret for GS is that outside of Durant, Curry and Thompson they are a fairly average or maybe slightly below average 3 point shooting team. So during those stretches when any two of Durant, Curry and Thompson are resting their spacing isnt going to be the same. They then rely on low and elbow post passing and cuts. (Of course when the 3 of them are on the court its crazy amazing spacing since you have two of the 3 greatest shooters of all time and then Kevin Durant) Ryno's confidence is a different story of course.

Again Luc right now is just injured and its hurting the team offensively quite a bit. MDA has a deep bench for this reason, even if he shortens his overall rotation he has these guys to fill in the gap when the rotational bench guys are just not cutting it.

glenadyll and DreamShook like this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I want the Prince back at full strength as well. Our defense is vastly better when he's on the court
    I love The Prince so I hope you're right. We need him to win in GSW.

saleem likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I think he might be done for this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he needed offseason surgery to tighten up some ligaments in there. I wonder why he isn't at least wearing a brace or wrap if it still is painful or feeling loose? Furthermore, if he does play, just play defense and leave the shooting to the other guys. And if he has an easy layup on a steal or fast break, maybe just use your left hand instead? Idk

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can get away with this probably with the majority of the league but not GS

hakeem94, saleem and bulkatron like this.
  12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We need an 8th guy in the rotation. LMAM would be ideal. I don't trust Joe Johnson. Ryno looks mentally defeated. Nene is not going to be able to play much this series. We need LMAM to be able to give us 5-10 quality minutes to avoid burning out.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

10-15 at the least. Gerald will have to
    pick things up in his absence.

joeson332 and bulkatron like this.
  14. basketballholic

Don't hate Capela. Actually I like him as a person. He's simply another player at the 5. A non-factor. Just another big in a sea of bigs who can't help any team beat the Warriors.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. basketballholic

I'm here because I'm a Rockets fan talking about my team.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some people just keep doubling down.

Since you're playing your old mix tape ("You're no good, you're no good, you're no good, Capela you're no good"), why not play some Ricky Rubio ("Ricky Ricky Ricky can't you see, somehow your plays just hypnotize me"), too?

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will ride the narrative that Ricky was the factor that the Jazz did not force a Game 6.

This actually sounded more legit when I think about it.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You used to do this thing where you would use your posts to hint that the Rockets wanted to get rid of him because he was stupid. Then it was that he wasn't good enough to be the starting center for a playoff team and now it's that he just can't help you beat the Warriors. The goal posts move, but the objective of the game for you remains to attack Capela.

And for what it's worth, even if Capela can't help beat the Warriors, he's a HUGE reason why we beat everyone else. Downgrading from him to someone random scrub center would make us extremely vulnerable.

harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Our rotation is so short now. We need all the depth we can get. Luc was so good during the regular season so it sucks to see him struggling now. His defense is badly needed. He's one of the versatile defenders that lets us run a small ball lineup.

saleem likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Ha. Good music.

Clint isn't "no good". You can't be no good and be in the Association. He can play. And barring injury will have a long career. But no team will win a championship with him as their first, second, third, fourth, or fifth best player unless he either learns how to catch and shoot the three efficiently and/or he gets significantly better defensively at shutting down the paint.