1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. MD_in_Training

Sad to say this, but that shoulder injury may have been career ending...

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson didn't even want the ball in garbage time. I don't think I've ever seen a guy completely evaporate over the course of a single season like this... this was a guy who was 3rd on the team in scoring for a 55 win team. 200 made 3s.

You can't have that much dead money against a team like the Warriors. He's pulling in more than Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Andre Iguodala

Edit: At least it's pretty easy to believe/hope that Luc came back from injury too early. I actually think we may see a more normal game from him in Game 4 -- the drive was a good sign, and I'm sure seeing a 3 go through will help too.

#202 NIKEstrad, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Deuce, Easy and durvasa like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

he's 2 for 13 in this series :confused:

he was supposed to big part of the series. :confused:

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Would rather see JJ than Luc out there at this point. Luc is offering nothing out there. Just a negative player at this point.

RoxBro likes this.
  5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to see more Joe Johnson -- and was annoyed listening to Reggie talk about it. I think JJ would salivate at catching Curry on his hip in the post.

6. macan

macan Member

luc needs to have a surgery this summer..to fix whatever the problem he's having and sign an one year vet min. with us again

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hopefully the "blocked" dunk gives him confidence in that it didn't hurt (was a hard fall and he reached back to land). Just trying to think on the bright side...

Hakeemtheking and ReignSupreme like this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And defensively? Joe looked REALLY slow footed. Can he keep up?

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love everything Luc brings.

He’s our 3rd strong PG and our best perimeter 1on1 defender. He is intelligent and plays within himself. Great well rounded rotation player.

But he is hurting us because he is mentally abusing hisself.

I was excited because he was aggressive and attacked the rim early, even went to dunk! But that block, I think took away any aggression he may have had to play with.

His confidence is so shot it’s sad. I’d say swap Ryan in the rotation for him but his confid now is shot even more.

10. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Admittedly, I’m in a foul mood right now, but if u look up old interviews with MBah, you’ll hear him talk about how much he sees dribble drives (as opposed to 3 pointers) as a strength of his....

And all season we had that good balance of layups AND open threes from him.

But take away Sampson’s hair and all of a sudden he is less than mortal again.

Tonight’s game, I absolutely dreaded that blocked dunk. Away game. Opposing fans just looking for some swing event to ooh and ahh and cheer for their warriors.

Though there were many errors in this game, I felt the game was slipping away that late first quarter. And this was one of them material “swing” even plays to pump or deflate a team.

Sage

Easy and BigMaloe like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It definitely gave the warriors momentum, and gave LUC bad momentum into his dark place.

If he finishes that dunk through contact we could be talking about a completely different game.

Instead, we had this night of disappointment

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Seriously!!!

Agreed. He makes that dunk. And dunno if we win. But at least for the remainder of the first quarter and likely into the second, we actually start seeing some positive “swag”!

That 9-0 run against us late 1st maybe doesn’t materialize in an alternate universe if Luc makes that statement dunk.

What really eats me too is that a healthy Luc would have probably posterized the defender today.

SadSage

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We lose whatever Luc does today.

To beat GSW in GSW, we need need both CP3 and JH13 to go nuclear at the same time.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  14. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I know +- never tells the whole story, but it's just so darn hard to ignore the -28 in 15:19 of court time stat line....

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is still trying to bring it on Defense, that is commendable and brave.....love that guy but he is a non factor on O.

16. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I totally agree. At least ISO Joe can make simple layups and could add rebounding, but Luc is giving nothing right now.

roxallways likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. Please. Joe is scoring 6-7 points in garbage time at best. He is 36 yr. and cannot be trusted against the best.

Look.

It sucks that he has this shoulder disclocations at the worst possible time.....near the playoffs.

#217 daywalker02, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    RasaqBoi and Beardaholic13 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

His **** offence is one thing but hes non factor on defence also. He was our anchor like couple of months ago and now he plays like rookie

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

was that even a clean block? looked like he hacked him on the forearm