1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by EssTooKayTD, May 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's pretty bad. He could beat Canelo and Sergio and I still wouldn't have him in my top 10. However, people here have said the same about Manny, which is even more absurd.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wish he would find martinez. He is actually a skilled enough boxer to beat mayweather.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Greatest of all-time.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Going way out on a limb here bro.

5. King1

Matinez's age has caught up to him unfortanately. his only chance would be to win by KO. I actually though Marray beat him

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Good thing I didnt waste 60 bucks on this fight. Mayweather always makes for boring fights. It's funny, my dad always orders the ppv to watch him fight, then complains that he stand there and bang, proclaiming he will never pay to watch this guy fight again. Yet, there he goes again ordering the fight knowing very well how it's going to end. lol.

7. Mr. Space City

i can't believe in 44 fights, 17 years and people still haven't figured out that mayweather will not just stand still and trade shots like other low iq fighters.

hit and don't get hit is words mayweather lives by

8. King1

Mayweather stood in the pocket for like 6 rounds even with a hurt hand. He's not going to just sit there in trade haymakers like Brandon Rios. That's why he's elite and undefeated

9. 713

713 Member

He's not going fight the fighters the fans what to see. He going fight the guys he knows he can bear because may is too worried about his legacy. So he will take the easy fights make a ton of money and continue thinking he is the greatest.

The greatest takes on all challengers. Record don't mean ****. You don't gotta be undefeated to be the greatest. You just gotta take all challenges and be on top.

10. King1

*Yawn

He's the greatest fighter in the current era and that's not debatable

Who do you want to see him fight?

11. VanityHalfBlack

Joe Calzaghe. Slap vs slap for 12 rounds.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You guys apparently think boxing is about brawls and KOs, I love watching Floyd fight, beautiful to see how he uses body movement and skill to evade punches and never seems to lose focus. Perfect tactician and one of the smartest boxers ever, always in control of the fight.

13. King1

Floyd doesn't slap with his punches. He just doesn't carry power. Much like BHop, Whitaker, Pep, need I continue? Want to criticize their spots in history?

Calzaghe gets **** on unfairly because he's on overseas guy. Clean wins over BHop, Kessler, Bika, Eubank, Sheika and single handedly dismantled Lacy when he was supposed to be the next Tyson all while having a coke problem.

I know you're a Manny hugger but don't make yourself look ignorant.

14. King1

Good post. Most of these people are casual fans who know **** all about the sport.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is a very intelligent cat. He actually takes difficult fights, and people always claim he is going to lose, but he just makes it look easy.

B-Hop and Mayweather are both great fighters in the since that they understand that defense is the key to winning fights. Counter punching fighters do not take as much damage as your brawlers who sit in that pocket and just throw punch after punch while good defensive fighters role there shoulders and have enough head movement to avoid taking damage.

I'd say that Mayweather is probably the smartest boxer I have ever witnessed. Too a casual boxing fan he is boring, to a diehard its beautiful. I don't see him losing. Canelo wouldnt stand a chance.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can't really say that's too ridiculous. I think his style would wipe the floor with guys like Sugar ray, and even pretty boy in their primes.

Boring he may be, but the guy has perfected his craft and is a master of taking other boxers out of their game plan.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The best boxer of my lifetime, and I don't believe there's a close second.

18. King1

Oh wow. Wipe the floor with SRL? Man, never found myself going against Floyd but please tell me how he beats Leonard

19. King1

Hopkins has an arguement

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

not in your top 10? trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about.