1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mayweather calls out Pacquiao for May 5th fight

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tmactoyao, Jan 10, 2012.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just saw it on twitter. It's about to go down.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

It's still not going to happen.

4. Mr. Space City

it's all up to bob arum

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Let's see if Manny will continue to duck Money May.

You can't be any more straight-forward than this, take the challenge or admit you are scared to fight him.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-ready-i-tell-arum-i-want-mayweather-next--48298

Only person standing in the way is Bob Arum. We would be talking about Pacquiao-Mayweather III right now if it wasn't for that snake Arum.

7. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

This fight better ****ING happen. Pardon my french, i'm just sick and tired of all this. Paquiao and Mayweather both want this so lets make this happen. F U ARUM !!

8. Dei

Dei Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can someone tell me the facts about these two? Was it manny ducking drug test or money ducking manny?

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Mayweather has been way too full of himself ever since he won his last fight against his girlfriend.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Manny wanted Floyd a few years back and Floyd had tall demands: ring size, bigger split and, most of all, a drug test. Manny didn't want a drug test citing lots of reasons: the test affecting his strength, he's afraid of needles, religious etc. though there was also sentiment he felt insulted Mayweather was making him go through all these hoops when he was, at the time, the #1 lb. for lb.

After Floyd beat Marquez in a landslide, which was his comeback fight, Manny agreed to the drug test but Floyd didn't want to fight him anymore - dunno why - and Pacquiao's been chasing after him since.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

LOL typical Gayweather spontaneously blabbering garbage and than end up making excuses.

Wasn't this the same idiot who sprout BS before fighting Ortiz saying he only fight the best and Manny is next and after the fight he has amnesia saying "I NEVER SAID MANNY WAS NEXT!"

Idiot probably sprouting this BS because he knows there wasn't going to be a fight between them because of Arum and Golden Boy.

13. Prince

Prince Member

these guys are playing chess. now that Floyd knows that Arum selected another opponent, he's now calling.

I won't be surprised if Arum says yes to this, Floyd will ask a lot of conditions to get out of this fight. hmmn.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eW5Qn6IQDhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Mr. Space City

arum keeps making excuses so he can milk the pacquiao cash cow

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So it won't happen.

17. what

what Member

manny won't duck, but the sad thing is that floyd will get him on the downside of his career. So now floyd is all flapping about this and that, knowing that pac isn't the test he once was.

And now the revisionists are blaming the whole debacle on Arum? Arum would have taken that fight in a heartbeat 2 years ago.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Finally he actually comes out and says it... i've been hoping he would do this for a while now. Arum is the problem -- I know Paq would throw down with Mayweather if it was up to him.

19. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Manny is ready to retire. I think he'll take this fight.

20. YourSecretLover

Bob Arum wants fight on June 9th

Hours after Floyd Mayweather Jr. urged Manny Pacquiao to "step up punk" and fight him May 5, the Filipino boxing star answered with his own message:

Just wait a few more weeks.

Pacquiao huddled with his promoter Bob Arum on Wednesday in the Philippines and agreed the best course for pursuing a long-awaited fight date against Mayweather is to schedule it for late May, or, ideally, June 9.

Mayweather faces a June 1 date to report for an already delayed 90-day jail term in a domestic violence case, but Arum said he'd be "willing to chip in for lawyers' fees" to get that date moved again so a June 9 bout could occur.

Mayweather is scheduled to fight May 5 in Las Vegas against an as-yet unnamed opponent. "June 9 is perfect," Arum said. "May 5 is out, that's impossible."

The extra time is needed for construction of an arena, said Arum, claiming the fighters could generate an extra $40 million by fighting at a 40,000-plus-seat venue on the Las Vegas Strip rather than holding the bout at the 16,000-seat MGM. "You don't throw $40 million away," Arum said.

Arum said he's skeptical of Mayweather's Tuesday Twitter posts urging Pacquiao to "step up punk." Mayweather tweeted, "Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see." Arum said he has heard Mayweather is negotiating with Robert Guerrero for a May 5 fight.

After giving Pacquiao videos of possible opponents Miguel Cotto and Lamont Peterson, Arum expects Pacquiao to choose among those two, Timothy Bradley or Juan Manuel Marquez as an alternate opponent to Mayweather before the promoter leaves the country this weekend.

What does Arum want from the Mayweather camp?

"I want to hear… that they're willing to move to June 9," Arum said. "Then we can sit down and work out a deal.":

source: latimes

the fight is not happening anytime soon