1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

maybe we have a star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Feb 8, 2011.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Team pts reb ast

Clev 21 5 7

Orl 14 4 4

Nyk 3 11 7

Mem 14 6 6

Dal 18 13 3

Okc 14 6 3

Hou 14 2 4

Atl 15 6 4

Phi 13 7 3

Tor 13 8 4

Mia 9 8 7

Det 13 6 8

Chi 16 6 2

Sas 13 7 3

Pho 21 5 9

Nor 14 4 14

Was 15 3 4

Mil 6 4 0

Chi 27 13 10

Ind 15 3 4

Cha 21 13 6

Mia 2 5 3

Terrence williams final 22 games of last season. Those are monster numbers for a rookie and he was very consistant as he did it for the last quarter of the season. He had one triple double 27 points 13 rebounds and 10 assists that's a lebron like and he had a 14 assist game and went over 20 points 4 out of the 22 and 14 plus 14 out of the 22. He only failed to not reach double figures in points in only 4 of those games, He also had 9, 5+ reb 5+ ast. This guy can truely be a player we can build around because he can have the ball in his hands at any time and create good shots for teamates as well as himself. I think him and martin can complement each other well and williams doesn't have to be the leading scorer but the focal point of the offense. He's very smooth and confident in his game which is what all the stars have. I think the rockets really lucked out with getting him for a 1st round pick and that even if we don't make a big time trade for mello or granger or even nene that we still might have already won the best prize. Thoughts please don't rip me just trying to be positive and show that we might be ok even if we don't make a big trade at the deadline, go rockets 3 in a row!!!

2 people like this.
  2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I agree. But I dont think Ricky Adelman is a "stars" coach but he doesn't realize you need stars to win championships

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I'd love to see trade + roster shift = more twill.

4. Spankie

Spankie Member

tell that to adelman :eek:

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i think we should let one of our assistant be the main coach and let adelman walk

i can understand waisting jermain taylor talents but letting twill play is a waste

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah i know....he never coached drexler or webber. he buried them on the bench.

7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I know because Jermain is playing like an all star this year and leading his new team to the playoffs. Dang coach!

8. worzel gummidge

If Taylor was as good as you say he is. Being on the the Kings is the situation where he should be showing his talents.

9. AggieRocketsFan

How many of these performances translated into W's?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Terrence who? :confused:

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It really really sucks that they are going to trade him. :(

12. lean

lean Member

I was just watching the "Once Brothers" 30 for 30 documentary about Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic. I didn't realize this beforehand but Drazen spent his first year in the league playing for the Blazers and... Rick Adelman. He only averaged like 12mpg with Adelman having to balance another beastly rotation (which Clyde, others) and was pretty upset about it, which led to him getting traded the next year to NJ.

Just thought the parallels between what's gone on with the Rockets this year and that situation are pretty interesting. Makes you think, is Adelman an unfortunate victim of circumstance, who is always having to juggle minutes between above average players? Or does he just have trouble evaluating who is really most deserving of the minutes and then keeping that rotation? Keep in mind Drazen went to the Nets and lit it up. Just something to think about.

1 person likes this.
  13. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Thats irrelevant. I believe he's trying to show the potential that this guy has.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Those numbers are nothing compared to Ricky Davis' back in his early days. That's where you find true future-star numbers.

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

We do, his name is actually Ish Smith though.

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The usual oversimplified nonsense ... as if Adelman has something against "stars."

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Rick the Ruler! Lol

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You guys need to stop worrying about Terrence's situation till after the trade deadline to see where he stands when the dust settles. Morey traded for him knowing that there was not a spot in the rotation for him.

Terrence is a player that needs the ball in his hands to be effective and would require Adelman to change the way he runs his offense. Thats alot to ask of a veteran coach who had primarily settled on a rotation that everyone else on the team had been mastering since this summer.

Its a real possibility that Terrence will not be acclimated into the rotation until next season if there is no major roster overhaul in three weeks.

-However Morey aquired him with the thought that he will be a key player for him in the future and Adelman knows this, its just not his time to run the team yet. Hopefully Terrence has had this communicated enough to him to allow him to know his place on the team till possibly the summer and continue to learn in the process.

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Ima yell at Rick tonight. T Will not playing last night was flat out personal. Bud and Battier both had 5 fouls, so we put out Lowry, Ish, K mart, Courtney Lee, and Patterson?! Come on Rick...

20. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Rick already stated that there wasn't a rotation spot for him and so he wasn't going to play.. I don't how much clearer he has to be... Nothing personal