1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's not always about championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets have been a good team, they just haven't got to the next level in Finals. James is like Lillard, Isane player but really lacks something around him or there just better teams holding them back. Big teams in CA big markets have the best rosters, and Houston out of most of the smaller market teams Utah,Portland, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, can get threw them with Harden.

But have struggled of Late getting passed Warriors and Lakers. Which are the champions. James just not better than Curry and Lebron Teams. When Spurs had there big team, Rockets were not the best in Texas. James is Great but not good enough. But you know it was a good run, and maybe he better off somewhere else in the east, where maybe they could put the right pieces around James like in Miami or Philly.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

That was a championship-level team. We just couldn’t get TMAC and Yao Ming healthy.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

Had Aaron brook been 6’3.....man the possibilities

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If you've exprienced what it feels like to win a championship for your team there is nothing else like it. You saw the highs and lows, overcoming adversity in the playoffs and then your team finally winning a ring for your city.

It vaults your favorite players into all time conversations, your city has a parade and people party and celebrate that night.

Living the Rockets back to back championships were some of the best sports memories I've experienced. It helped motivate this site and fanbase decades later.

It takes years to get to the contender level and we shouldn't take it for granted imo.

I enjoy many parts of the game, but developing a team to win it all should always be the goal.

HP3, Richie_Rich and raining threes like this.
  5. raining threes

RIP Moses

saleem likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Oh you'll be like us when you've experienced your team going yard.. just you wait! I can't wait until you're like that!

7. don grahamleone

When my dog plays tug-o-war with another dog I scream, "WIN! WIN!" until he's inspired enough to take that rope toy out of the other dog's mouth. Don't tell me winning is not important. It's life! I don't want to cheat to win, I don't want to cheer for terrible human beings that should be in jail for their acts, but short of that.. let's go get it!

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well guys now that Tillman is the owner those days are back! Start watching college ball because the NBA Draft is going to be the most exciting moment for Rockets fans. Then they'll turn into studs and move to L.A. to win a championship! Maybe even Miami! Thank you Tillman for ruining Houston Pro Basketball!

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Scola! Landry! Brooks!

Ps what's the reason not more players are using Battier's "hand in your face" defense? I can't see it.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you are not trying to get to a point of contention than it is not worth wasting time watching.

DD

tycoonchip and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

13. don grahamleone

RIP you beautiful Jeopardy player

raining threes likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is the mindset tilman trying to sell to us soon.

Sports has teamwork Brotherhood and whatnot.

But athlete who said winning isn't everything is doing it to hide the pain of not winning it.

No one wants a participation trophy, no one brags about it either.

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Astros won a championship.

raining threes likes this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Let's keep Harden after January Laker matches. If Houston can beat Lakers, we can keep Harden. If Houston cannot beat Lakers, we can trade him to see whether we can get back 2 all stars players into the team

saleem likes this.