1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe it's not always about championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

I was not old enough to witness the back-to-back championships. We lost but that year was the happiest I've been as a Rockets fan.

Give me somebody who gives me 100% on both ends and who wants to be here. Aaron Brooks is more clutch than James Harden too.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member

tough smart dependable?

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah I've been a Rox fan for 20 years but never saw the Rockets "win a chip."
    All these posers on here like "chip or bust, coz I'm a winner, man!" Sound like Laker fans to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

GTFOH!

That's loser talk man.

ak99999, DatRocketFan and Salvy like this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I loved that team as much as anyone, but that was THE most success we had in the 15 years before Harden arrived. It was a second round loss. With Harden, a second round loss is considered disappointing, apparently.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How did Brooks move in those shorts that are 3 sizes too big

don grahamleone and DreamShook like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao! This franchise won just 1 playoff series in 15 years before Harden arrived...yet people on here will laugh at the organizations that have been floundering around for years doing nothing

people want to act like the Harden era has been torture

all that “gimme heart and ball movement”...that will be cute for a season or 2, but then when the irrelevancy continues, you’ll see these same people start watching less and less games

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was a loss to the champs with our 2 best players and backup C going down. Dueling the champs is the story, not the round it happens in.

Just like 2018 losing to the Warriors. It wouldn't matter if it happened in the first or third round. If you go toe to toe with the champs and pull a hamstring while you're on top it hurts that much more.

Now in 2020 for example, we lost to the champs in the 2nd round but we didn't just lose, we were non-competitive. Barely ever lead in a game, much less the series. That was just annihilation. Wouldn't have mattered if that was first round or finals, it was a disaster and a bad team.

BallaDoc likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sorry for you my man. It was pure jubilation. We had the most unique player in the NBA who was at the height of his powers. Role players were stars in their role. They made clutch shots in big moments. The team got knocked down but they always got up and fought like a mofo. It was beautiful to watch.

10. riko

riko Member

When you compared Brooks to Harden you lost all credibility

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

We were so bad that when news broke that we had gotten Jeremy Lin we actually felt like we were finally getting a star-esque player. Shortly after Harden came and nothing has ever been the same ever since. People eager to trade away who will be known as the 2nd greatest Rocket ever.

#11 Salvy, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    hakeem94, Tankeio, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Its about so much more. I lost my dad a few years ago. He started taking me to games when I was 4. I remember standing in the seats in the Summit screaming at the refs. Winning is great, but its about entertainment and spending time with others.

Tankeio, BallaDoc and Patience like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Actually that year a full tank job was about to take place before Harden got thrown into moreys lap

Richie_Rich, Reeko, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We have been disappointed many times before it takes a lot to gets us excited. Houston fans hardly pay attention unless you make the playoffs.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I remember being excited that year, felt like we were rebuilding but around a future young star in Lin...

D-rock likes this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yup, nothing like having both though. I was introduced championship season. Greatest time to be a Rockets fan. To see what we had to do and go through to get there. These Rockets were such a TEAM lead by the Dream. It is always fun to watch a TEAM. Harden is great, Dream was great. He is not Dream though but as great as Dream was they didn't start winning until he had team chemistry.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Aaron Brooks gave us nothing on the defensive end...at all

hakeem94, Nimo and D-rock like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Maybe the real championship is the friends we made along the way.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

back in the day when Morey was trying to trade for Pau Gasol, we were signing Ariza to be a star, and the free agents we were meeting with at midnight to be our big signing were the likes of Nene

so desperate we offer poison pills to Lin and Asik because we were praying that someone would come here and break out

those were the days...lmao

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

There's no comparison. Harden is definitely the superior player. He just disappears when it counts, so far at least.