1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman: Warriors' injuries to blame if Rockets win title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 19, 2018.

1. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Don’t fall into their loudmouth trap. Who cares what these idiots say or think? Stop validating their shock jock, uneducated show. If we win the title we win the title and then we party like rockstars!!! Our team is badass. Go Rockets!!! Clutch City 2.0 baby!!!

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Record-breaking regular season champ lose series to faking injury Warriors (against NBA rules).

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Lets count how many rings we are going to get. Let these fools fight amongst each other.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hate these talk shows

5. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

We all saw this coming....Remember our championships don’t count cause MJ wasn’t playing also...just gonna make back to back that much sweeter..

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Agreed.

But this go round Max is actually making a ton of sense. There's no reason you should discount the Rockets injuries with the current injuries the Warriors are dealing with affect the OVERALL record of both teams.

SAS shows just how much of an idiot he really is in this vid.

[​IMG]

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

"Guess what" is a command, not a question. :eek:

peleincubus, hakeem94 and Louka like this.
  8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hall of Famer Rod Carew

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Stephen A. Smith is like vomiting annoying words. What he should have been saying is that the Warriors are a team built around injury prone players and they sacrificed a deep bench to get these said players whereas Rockets really only need 2 players that are vital and both of them do not have an injury history. Those two players are Clint Capela and James Harden. CP3 helps a lot but isn't vital, the rest of the players can be replaced by next man up.

If every Warrior is healthy they will still make excuses if they lose. Rockets can get even better than last year and they will still make excuses. They hate Rockets and they suck on Warriors popsicles any chance they can get and they love the flavor.

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't even care about genuine Rockets fan. I would just want someone non biased.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i mean like drake, you can tell that he's probably half black though. but SAS definitely doesn't look like he'd be a kellerman :D

incidentally, lenny and i share the same manhattan RE broker going back 20yrs. tagged along to one of his house parties ~17 years ago in a crazy SOHO apartment that looked like the interior of a spaceship. and he's like the nicest most down-to-earth rock star you could imagine

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

SAS is dumb as fck
    Seriously his excuse makes no sense. What Max says is the true. We have missed one of our key players more than the Warriors have. Last time I remember SAS saying that the warriors and Rockets were really close last time he check the standings and totally forgetting our injuries and our month of December when we lost a couple in a row. Warriors went ahead of us then. And we still caught up to them and went ahead when they were healthy.
    Now he is giving excuses for why they won’t get the #1 seed.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

It's impossible to play this game in a vacuum, why debate about it? SAS said homecourt wouldn't determine the WCF anyways. I'm sick of all the convienent narratives as to why we don't derserve the #1 and won't win the WCF. We were still one game up plus the tiebreaker when all this happened. We have dealt with more starting lineups due to injury then anyone else, all of our starters have gone down at least once during the season. Why don't I just argue that if we'd stayed healthy all year, we'd be actually resting our players right now, thus giving the Warriors an edge at the moment? I wouldn't, because it's a non-falsible argument one, and two injuries are part of the game. Not my fault they have 4 all-stars starting and can't afford a real bench.

14. BackdoorHarden

Rockets win championship because they are best team.

ESPN is just trolling. It's just like they troll GSW for winning 1st championship because every team they faced had an injured stars.

Who cares. CHAMPIONSHIP = CHAMPIONSHIP

Don't listen to the Haters. The haters still won't give Hakeem credits for the 2 championship because they keep bringing up Jordan wasn't playing

WHO GIVES A FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol CP3 is definitely vital. We saw what the Rockets without CP3 were last year. Not contenders.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Last year the rest of the team wasn't as balanced as it is this year. This year team without CP3 > Last years team.

I am not saying CP3 doesn't make them a much better team, I am just saying he isn't absolutely vital to get us to WCF.

1.) Harden
    2.) Capela
    3.) CP3

You could argue that Capela is almost more important than Harden if CP3 is playing. The Capela + Gaurd combo is better than the double guard. That is not to say Capela is more talented than either, it is simply to say he offers what is needed for a proper balance. Capela without a CP3 or Harden isn't as good as a CP3 or Harden without Capela.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I’ll say this.... We know the show is somewhat scripted. But I do think there is some freedom in their arguments. Wether Max is saying what he has to or he is speaking his mind he is defending our team well.

Now for those acting like they are much too smart for bspn and much too prideful to even have a listen then wtf is the point of life? How boring it must be to see your team win it all and have no narrative. To have no story to your ending. This is part of what makes sports fun, this is what makes a Rockets win even more enjoyable...... When Rudy had his epic speech what would it have mattered if there was no narrative.

This is ageless entertainment, this is what I have my coffee with in the morning. This is what thousands of men in the past had their coffee with while holding their newspapers and reading articles on their sports team.

Yeah, Max Kellerman opinion does not matter but neither does yours!!! And if you can’t handle an overhyped somewhat scripted opinion on a sports team then wtf are you doing here? A forum, a community of opinions and personalities. This is what makes The Rockets even more enjoyable. To read different takes even if they are absurd or on point.

I don’t lose sleep over Skip Bayless or Max Kellerman but I sure love it when they are wrong about my team. Even if it’s scripted, I’m entertained. And that’s all that matters.