1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max for Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck Nevitt, May 13, 2002.

1. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

BSKBall.com sources say max for Francis

Consider the source (BSKBall), but here it is:

...MAX FOR FRANCHISE, NOT FOR RASHARD: This past week, when asked about extension talks with Steve Francis, Rockets sources said talks would likely start and stop with a single word- MAXIMUM - The only parts of the negotiation will be in how his payments and tax issues will be structured, and what other roles the club has in mind for their Franchise. Steve himself said he'd sign a life long deal if they'd let him. In Seattle the tune is a bit different, while Rashard Lewis has said he feels he's worth a Maximum deal, he's not going to get it. The numbers being tossed around the league are 6 years at $50-$60 million, still not chump change, but clearly not the $98 million he could receive if Seattle maxed him out. The Sonics will make every effort to retain Rashard, but are not about to make a stupid mistake, but then talks haven't started yet either. . .

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I really never believe Rashard had any chance of getting the max. I foresee the exact same thing that happened to Maurice Taylor, who also thought he could get the max coming out of L.A.

3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Franchise should get what ever he wants if I have ever seen loyalty it is definitely this guy he is great. I hopes that he has a long career and can retire gracefully never having have been ripped off by management.

4. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

At least the Rockets will keep one superstar till the end of his career.

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I was unsure at the end of the season about wheter Francis deserved the max, because of his recurring migranes. Now he deserves it since it seems like he has improved his migrane condition. I don't see him missing much games next year.