1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs turning attention to Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HR Dept, Jul 7, 2014.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Really, Why would he not want to get paid? He will only have a short time in HIS LIFE to make milloins of dollars a year. I like him and all but if team X = 10M while team Y = 3M He NEEDS needs to go with team X everytime with no second thoughts. (Parsons at age 38+ says it the right thing to do.)

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

he's gonna get paid regardless

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

In this day and age where managing contracts under the salary cap to avoid being hard cap is key, Cuban would probably not be stupid enough to pull a move like this on Morey. Rockets are not stupid either and will usually not overpay for free agents, even their own.

4. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I think this is simple guys.

Chandler will not sign any offer until the Rockets are set. Howard and Parsons are both represented by Dan Fegan. If Howard wants Parsons back, there is no way Dan Fegan screws his big client out of Parsons. Fegan will use Cuban to get Parsons more money though, you can believe that!

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not just Parsons, but his agent. He'd be a fool to not sign a max offer sheet because Morey "promises" him he'll give him the money later. And the Mavs are certain to threaten to yank the offer if he stalls.

6. boiler

boiler Member

So it is a possibility that Rockets go into next season with the similar roster minus Aisk, Lin and Parsons, plus a couple rookies. I hope not.

7. Remii

Remii Member

That's bad business on Parsons part. I don't see how his agent would ever agree to that.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Nope. Jazz or Maverick...Laker -- yes.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because his Agent is also Dwight's agent and helping both of them win a Championship could open a lot more money?

10. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

It's tough to say whether Parsons can wait for Rockets to sign another free agent. If Dallas offers Parsons a big contract (close to max) and wants him to sign immediately, then Parsons risks losing out on a big deal.

I think Rockets are allowed to go over the cap to match any offer Parsons receives. I'm not sure if the Rockets can promise to offer Parsons the same type of contract, and go over the cap, if he waits for the Rockets to sign another free agent?

LeBron, Melo and Bosh need to decide before 7/10.

11. fattz

fattz Member

WOW! That is just wrong... Clean it up... Parsons is good looking but MC has a family and all

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

No way Parsons agrees to a deal with someone else before the big free agents have played out.

Zero chance of that happening.

13. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of. Mavs will try to force Parsons to make a decision right away or take away the offer. This puts Parsons in a tough position because it would be the best for him to take the offer, but the Rockets would be screwed with having to match the offer within 3 days.

14. conquistador#11

isn't that what happened to the bulls and knicks? all these free agency summers feel like so long ago I can't even remember.

crazy to think parsons and murray have some wink wink but not bron and the heat.

15. Remii

Remii Member

He represents them as individuals and not as a team and Howard has his money _ Parsons doesn't and the agent gets a cut off what they get paid and he's making pennies right now off of Parsons.

If Cuban offers Parsons a max deal or close to it (and Parsons is worth it in that part of Texas) he'd be stupid not to sign it.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey did not RFA Parsons just to get Boozer'd, especially by Mark F***ing Cuban.

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

seems the key to this is getting Bosh, Melo, whomever...to sign and sign quickly.

I think Stephen A Smith might actually be right. Melo and Bron want to play together badly and if they can do it in South Beach it would be ideal.

Didn't want to bring them up in this Parsons thread but, that is likely what is holding things up. The sooner all of that gets worked out, the sooner this Parsons dilemma gets sorted out

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This seems very obvious to me. Morey did not have to make him a RFA this year. We could have kept him at his measly 1M contract for another year but are promising him a healthy contract once all the cap money is spent and then he can sign his contract with us. Or he is free to find what the market will bear and then we will match. Unless of course it is a max contract which would be ludicrous and I don't think someone would do that just to eff with the Rockets. I believe Morey is doing Parsons a favor and Parsons will do us a favor. He shouldn't blame Morey for signing that contract. Parsons is also what allowed us to get Dwight as well so I think this back scratching has been planned for awhile since they have the same agent.

19. Smook

Smook Member

The Mavs can suck a ****

20. TheresTheDagger

I'm almost positive at this point that Parsons has received offers from teams. Pair this with the fact the 72 hour clock to match only comes when he signs that offer sheet leads me to tend to believe that Chandler has a hush-hush deal with Morey not to sign until he has time to sign free agents to improve the team.

Of course, Parsons takes a risk by giving Morey that time as deals with other suitors will wither away as they sign talent whittling Parson's options down.

Its become a fascinating game of wait and see combined with playing chicken.

Which team/free agent will blink first this off season?