1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o7aShcmEksw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. arjun

arjun Member

We will match and parsons will say it was fun but at the end of the day this sj HOME AND WE WILL ALL LOVE HIM AGAIN

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

why do you sound like Mark Cuban?

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lol well I'm pissed. Anybody want an autographed parsons rockets hat? Useless now because he's kinda a c-bag. I have two if anyone is interested.

5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

My point is.........they were all big parts of our rotation and success.
    The reasons for leaving are irrelevant.

We have to replace those guys with equal or better players.

6. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

no way he agreed to the deal without discussing with morey. im sure he wants to stay with the rockets. either rockets have a plan to sign bosh and match parsons or we are stuck with harden, howard and parsons till 2016 (both have player options on 2017)

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Burn.

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Cuban wants to get personal?

Tell them fools we aint matching then turn around on the 3rd day and match his ass.

IDGAF Parsons looked too HAPPY in those pics and based off that bringing him back would piss Cuban off even more...

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There are 300 members online and like 2300 guests....some men just want to watch the world burn

10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You would smile too after a $45 million dollar deal.

11. haydenfisher342

and watch parsons miss layups against the mavs!

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

these guys...acting like they'd toss that money at their new boss's face.

13. Houston_Rockets

Still don´t understand the hate he is getting over signing and the pictures. Dude is extremely overrated when it comes to how good of a basketball player he is, but he flat out outplayed Morey on this situation.

If a guy willing to pay you 45M over 3 years wants you to take a picture you do it no questions asked. On the other hand Morey, when everyone with half a brain cell knew some team out there would lose their mind and offer CP the max, he went full soft, and thought he could "low ball" CP.

14. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

You know mav fans are some of them.

15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Especially with this free agent class, he might have had better luck waiting until next year.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let's just burn it and put it on youtube.

17. haydenfisher342

I want to know the details of moreys low ball offer

"4 year 50 million chandler"

"wow nice, sounds amazing thanks DM"

"hey, np Chandler, just wait till we get bosh mmmk"

"yes sir thank you sir"

Morey turns to leave*

"Sir?''

"yes?"

"about my 4th option, is it player or team?"

Morey pulls out lighter and ignites the contract*

"I guess you will never know"

18. treeman

treeman Member

You know, this isn't the first time Fegan has had a client screw us over. Or the second. Or the third...

I know his job is to get his clients the most money. But it's also to put them in situations that they want to be in. Don't forget, this man represented Hakeem... and made him a Raptor. I have never trusted him to work in his clients' true best interests. But he is very good at getting them their payday.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Chandler Parsons is a good starting NBA player. He is in the top half to third of small forwards in the NBA. He is very valuable on a team that has championship aspirations as a 4th best player on a team. However I find it odd that some of the same people that complain about Harden's defense are coming to Parson's aid in this thread.
    Regardless, no one should be mad at Parsons. He was pursued by Cuban, given attention and a $46,000,000 contract and essentially told he won't be traded. Regardless of whether he wants to be a Rocket or not, he should be excited. He literally hit the lottery. Also the pictures shouldn't piss anyone off, he is happy and no doubt he will pose and take picture with the man than gave him $46,000,000.
    Shouldn't be mad at Morey either. Parsons didn't sign that deal because Morey treated him poorly. He signed because Dallas wanted a commitment now and Morey wasn't ready to commit. I don't blame Morey for that either, the Rockets get three days and the trade kicker and player option are something to think about.
    No matter what happens with Parsons the Rockets will be fine. He isn't a star and while you really want to hold on to him, it isn't like losing Olajuwon. If the Rockets get Bosh, it is an upgrade and who is to say Parsons won't ultimately have his deal matched.

It won't be weird if Parsons comes back. Morey told him to find out his value and that is what he did. Parsons and Morey have repeatedly said they want Parsons to be a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  20. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

like Morey said....it's just business right? I think Morey's strength Mau ultimately be his undoing. Morey's tendency to treat players as objects vs real human beings may deter FAs from signing with us and lower loyalty among players we already have.

Plus let's be honest, Harden isn't the kind of guy you want to play with. He NEEDS the ball all the time and pouts when he doesn't get his way.

That being said, it's pretty messed up of Parsons to do this.Houston did him a favor too by not picking up the team option and letting him become a RFA...so he can get the pay he deserves. But instead of sticking to the original plan of not signing any offer sheets until we sign another star, he goes and do this....something that will really screw the Rockets over this off season....with an interstate rival of all teams. Either Parsons knows something we don't or he just gave Houston a big "F U" and a middle finger. Hopefully Bosh decides before Thursday. If not, I say we match the offer then trade Parsons to Minnesota for Love =D