1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Thanks for the answer. When did it no longer become an option?

2. jk103

jk103 Member

When a guy who's paying you $45 million dollars asks you to smile for the camera, you smile.

1 person likes this.
  3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No! We lose parsons, we're gonna replace him with either Deng or Ariza, and still have the best SG and the best C in the league.

4. NotChandlerParsons

When Cuban signed him to that big ole offer about two hours ago.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, those guys aren't the slashers/glue guys Parsons was. It was painfully obvious how bad we were when he went out.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

And in the words of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, “You ****in’ Mavs. You have no idea how to defend a red nation. All you did was weaken a team today, Cuban. That’s all you did. You put Clutchfans lives in danger. Sweet dreams, son. “

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

So much kneejerk lol.

8. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lol so after Rockets blow up the team to get franchise players, they blow up the team again to.... blow up the team again.

Understand I do not

9. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

If the Rockets pay that much for Parsons we'll be committing a Maloney-sized mistake. That's way too much him.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If we lose Parsons and don't utilize any of the cap room we have open I guess we might be 7th or 8th, but that's not real life.

Bottom line even if we don't get a big name locked down and let Parsons walk and trade Lin for nothing, we are going to have a nice chunk of cap to make some short term solutions that will still have us comfortably in the playoffs.

11. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Hell no they're not. Chandler's lost a step and has been trash for NY. Felton is an awful PG. Dirk has obviously lost a few steps, and that'll continue. Ellis has had one decent season, and I'm not sold on him becoming a smart player yet. Parsons is parsons though :(

We'll likely use the space to improve the team anyways.

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, I agree. Stop treating players like an asset, Morey. Loyalty is a factor in winning a championship.

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

That blows. Well reading Larry coons tweet on all we'd have to give up to clear the cap space to sign bosh I wonder if minny would take all those players in trade for love assuming they don't have a deal with the cabs for wiggins.

Anyone thinks minny takes Lin, jones, Canaan, etc, this years 1st round pick, nop pick? The only reason I preferred bosh was because I thought we could have bosh and parsons. But since that's not looking like the case if rather go after love since he's cheaper and younger.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yet another reason why I loved the Cat so much

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Understood, but it's simply his market value right now, look at what Hayward signed for afterall.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Point blank, is Parsons worth more than Harden? As it stands he will make more than Harden next season. Personally, I like Chandler and think he is a factor, but come on. In no way is he really a good third option. Good for Chandler in getting his pay day, but that price tag isn't worth it.

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The pictures he is posting are rubbing me the wrong way. Really, that contract is overpriced for Parsons. I'd be willing to match if Bosh comes here but not without Bosh.

I'm still swaying my opinion every hour lol, but the pictures are really pissing me off.

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Does ANYONE still hate the Jazz, Lakers, or Blazers organization more than the Mavs? I would think not.

19. haydenfisher342

lamar odem still avab?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes, but having cap space doesn't equal players signing with you. If you can't take that lesson from the events of this past week, then you never will. Also, with the boneheaded mentality of Morey and Les to constantly go after superstar talent with their cap space, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sat on that money for another season and tried to get someone at the trade deadline or during the 2015 offseason.