1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

Making someone play under the contract they signed does not make you a bad organization or guilty of exploiting someone. And if Parsons's 4th year option had been picked up and he spent the next season moping around and half-assing it out there, he would've cost himself millions in free agency the following summer.

As for replacing Parsons, explain how we get Bosh AND Deng on this roster given our current cap situation. Unless I'm misreading it, it's either or with those two barring a sign-and-trade which we're not exactly in position to do at the moment.

All I know is the Rockets had the opportunity to bring back Parsons guaranteed for one more season. It was entirely under their control. They chose not to do so I suppose because they figured none of the other 29 teams would throw max money at him or that he'd show loyalty to the Rockets and resign for a bargain deal in the 8-10 mil range. And in the meantime, they went out there and chased star free agents who never wanted to play here in the first place. Oh and in the meantime, they've done nothing to deal with their decimated coaching staff.

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Member

Overpaid. Hurts that he will likely be with the Mavs, but atleast we can laugh at the contract for the next few years.

3. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

$46 mil $$$, chill brah

4. jk103

jk103 Member

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a franchise which treats its players as assets first and people second has trouble holding on to one of their key players when someone else offers him a better contract.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I don't want to match up in the playoffs against Dallas.
    We will be the laughingstocks of the league.

6. kystormchaser

kystormchaser Member

This.

7. newAge_Rockets

I don't blame Morey for this though. He had to swing for the fences and try to land a superstar because this team isn't good enough to win right now. Beverley/Harden/Howard/Parsons isn't enough to even win a series in the West. In a conference dominated by PFs we had to do our due diligence. We still have a great opportunity to land Bosh, match Parsons. Keep Calm!

For those of you that wanted us to fill out the roster with role players, tell me who? The market is oversaturated with money right now, and would you rather have had a combination of overpaid contracts (like McBob+M.Miller+J.Hill) or would you rather have a shot at signing Bosh and Parsons!?!?!

Shoot for the championship, not a second round exit...

8. Remii

Remii Member

Did San Antonio really give Pop a contract extension...??? I thought that dude was going to retire. Well this day just gets better and better.

9. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

He changed his picture from the one in a rockets jersey..

10. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Member

Please someone comfort me

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep. He just did one of these to the collective Rocket fan base

[​IMG]

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Calm down we lost Asik and now Parson but we have a deep bench...and yes we still have Lin too

Good luck beating the Pelican in 7 games series

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mark Deeks
    @MarkDeeksNBA Also note that if matched, Parsons (a) cannot be traded until Dec 15th, and (b) has to consent to any trade during the 2014/15 season.

14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Yep, pretty much.

Makes me feel sick; seems to me like a big FU to Houston.

I can't decide if I'd be more disgusted if he had signed with either the lakers or jazz.

That stupid pic with Mark douche bag, though... Ugh

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

It's unfortunate but i don't think paying that much for Parsons is worth it. I wonder if we'll match.

16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Don't worry. I am sure Rockets will match him. They have said from day one that they will match any offer Parsons receive. I think it's time for Parsons to get that kind of contract, and Rockets know that. I am sure we will match Parsons contract and he will stay in Houston.

17. jk103

jk103 Member

The only reason Parsons would sign a contract so quickly is because he met with Morey and found out that the Rockets have no intention of matching, regardless of what happens with Bosh.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Do you understand what an unrestricted free agent is? The rockets have the opportunity to keep chandler if they want to. If they waited a year, he would be a mav and we would have no recourse. Some chance is better than no chance.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So let's do some math. Suppose Houston dumps Lin &amp; Asik with $0 coming back. They renounce Daniels, Garcia &amp; Hamilton. They waive Casspi</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487091071164624896">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...Beverley, Covington &amp; Powell. They keep QO to Parsons &amp; Capela's draft rights. They have Dwight, Harden, Jones, Motiejunas &amp; Canaan.</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487091279520874496">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...Beverley, Covington &amp; Powell. They keep QO to Parsons &amp; Capela's draft rights. They have Dwight, Harden, Jones, Motiejunas &amp; Canaan.</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487091279520874496">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>..With that configuration, they can give Bosh $16,427,992. Pretty short of his $20,644,400 max.</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487091541090254848">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So let's renounce Capela &amp; Parsons. Cap room rises to $19,279,451. STILL short of a max offer, and they don't have rights to Parsons.</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487091923673694208">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>To keep Parsons' rights &amp; still sign Bosh to max, they have to dump another $3,732,744 in guaranteed salary. That's Jones AND Motiejunas.</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487092449681350656">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So to get Bosh at max AND keep Parsons, Daryl Morey just needs to dump Asik, Lin, Jones AND Motiejunas with no salary coming he other way,</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/statuses/487092621165465600">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

bye felicia