1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs and Larry Sanders?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dontfaulkup28, Feb 18, 2015.

1. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

Curious what people would think if they bring in sanders and amare?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Larry Sanders is a complete non factor. Amare is a good player in short bursts so that's a solid pickup for them considering it costs them nothing.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Sorry man, only he can fix himself

4. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

O i know that hahahah but hey I would still take him over greg smith any day even when he is broken

5. hakeemthagreat

As I stated in another thread, there is no way we can allow Cuban to get Sanders. Especially with Joey Dorsey sitting on our bench. He needs to be our 1st option if we can't pull off a quick trade for a legit center. He's a risk. But risk we almost NEED to take with our lack of size. We can't allow Cuban to get him

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

There is no need to get him. He doesn't want to play in the NBA, remember Bynum, Sanders is may be more of a moron.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed there has got to be a way that it can be done yea he needs to fix himself but he's the best option with amare gone.

8. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

Well I would assume before anyone went after him they would do tons of research and only pay him the minimum so not playing him would not change anything. If any team is dumb enough to bring him in and rely on him or expect anything, then they are crazy. But it is the NBA so dumb crazy owners is not new (insert mark cuban joke by rockets fan here lol)

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

Sanders isn't coming back man. Not this season anyway. He about to get paid 2 millions a year for 7 years. [​IMG]

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Sanders is not a lost cause but definitely a project - he had a promising career ahead of him and wants to do something else with his life. I can respect that but he signed a contract he should have fulfilled that first and then pursued other interests. I don't think he wants to come back and play basketball

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mavs: All your buyout candidates are belong to us!

12. hakeemthagreat

That report of him quitting was a few weeks back, from my understanding he addressed this and said that's not entirely true. Either way, if he is by chance available he can NOT go to the Mavs over Houston. This can NOT happen. We have more of a need for a 7ft center than Dallas. Joey Dorsey is a scrub and should not be playing in the NBA, let alone on a NBA playoff roster. I'd rather live with a high risk player like Sanders, than watch Dorsey miss another under the basket layup.

13. Progs

Progs Member

Larry Sanders can be the Rockets' Dennis "The Worm" Rodman.

14. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Sanders trolled Milwaukee for millions and then proceeded to act an ass in order to get a buyout.

[​IMG]

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are way to down on the guy. The Mavericks offer a strong support group and there's nothing they can lose from it. A guy like that, even if he's acting out cant do anything to become a cancer on a team like the Mavericks. The players and coaches are too strong for that.

17. CDrex

CDrex Member

I'd argue it's hard to be "too down on" a guy who signed a $44 million contract and then quit on his team virtually the second the ink was dry.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not happening so don't have any thoughts.

He'd have to pass a drug test and that isn't happening for at least another year.

19. baller4life315

If Bynum couldn't do it with his skill level and ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor, I have little confidence Sanders can pull it together.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Mav. Should look for a deep rotation roster. It won't be a surprise if TC,Dirk ,Rondo and Amare all on injured list by the PO time