1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Schaub ****ing sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by utgrad97, Dec 30, 2012.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Great idea to sign him to an extension.

2. 713

713 Member

5 years 66 Million for Susan.

Email this thread to Donnymost, Mecualu & Sammy.

All 3 are delusional in believing Schaub is Elite.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

manning was interested in coming here, right?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You know after those complete thrashings by Green Bay and New England, we should have expected this to happen. We can't play with the big boys.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Where did I say Schaub was elite?

Maybe when your balls drop you'll learn how to read.

6. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

or Minnesota or Indianapolis or any team that shows a pulse.

7. 713

713 Member

Don't be mad cause Susan and Kubiak have crushed your soul and stunk it on a treadmill of mediocrity.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He might have to move his family when we get blown out in the first round at Reliant.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Our QB is finally showing his true colors. He is a good QB but he can't carry this team. They are daring him to make plays and he can't.

Hopefully he hits a career run during the playoffs but right now it's not looking good.

10. 713

713 Member

any chance we will make a play for Vick?

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Your an idiot why is that the only people who underrate Schaub are non-Houstoners? You probably also think Andrew Luck is amazing and he should have gone to the pro-bowl over Schaub when Schaub has 7 less picks, and much higher QBR and completion percentage, same amount of touchdowns, and the 2nd best record in the NFL?

I know the last few games have been rough but I'm so sick of all of the Texans fans being such p*****s lately.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Expected what to happen?

13. 713

713 Member

you want to see p*****s?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

REASONS WHY MATT SCHAUB IS NOT A GOOD QUARTERBACK:

-He is not very athletic.

He is a sloth. He is absolutely devoid of any athleticism. When was the last time you saw Schaub run for a first down? He is slow of foot. Look at this guy's arm. He has no muscle definition. I can keep going but even the most ardent schaub zealots woulndt argue this so ill end it.

-He has a weak arm.

When was the last time we saw schaub throw a fade to andre? How many times have we seen schaub hit a streaking wide reciever down the sidelines? And even on the long throws that he does somehow manage to complete, you always see our wide outs slow down because the ball doenst have enough zip costing us more yards and even scores.

-He is lacks poise.

We know he's not athletic, neither is tom brady or peyton manning but those guys have tons of poise in terms of pocket presence. Look, in the nfl, the pocket always collapses. Defenses are built to go after the quarterback. You have to have some semblance of poise, composure when the pocket breaks down. With schaub, if he doesnt get an eternity to throw the ball, its over for him. He is not very cagey at all in the pocket. How many times have we seen schaub go down with a swipe of one arm? Look at the vikings game when we were at the one yard line, this dude fell down with a one armed swipe. Its not just that game, thats the overwhelming majority of the time.

Even more evidence he lacks poise and composure? Look at his abysmal record in prime time games. There's a reason why he is labeled as a prime time choker. There was even an article about this that caused great debate in texans message boards.

-He is a horrible decision maker

Forget about all those bad game ending picks that schaub has under his belt, this dude throws interceptions to defensive linemen!!!! He continually misses arian foster on check downs (highlighted this season when schaub had a wide open foster right in front of his face instead threw to double coverage and got a INT instead).

QB is a playmaking position. That is not schaub's strong suite. He is a glorified game manager with glorified stats.

-He is not a leader

How many times have we seen schaub when the going gets rough, instead of rallying his troops and pump his guys, he just stands or sit in the sideline quite and dejected. He's no cam newton but that's not really saying match. Look at Rogers, Peyton and Brady. They are the complete opposite of schaub. HOw many times have we seen Brady fire up his teammates by getting on them, yelling and screaming, spiking the ball. That fires up your teammates. I always see Peyton huddling his whole offense talking to them, imploring them. Look at Rogers, he ripped jones a new one when jones ran the wrong route!!! Rogers with his championship belt celebration. He has swag. That exudes confidence that your whole team sees. Look at Brees leading his team before the game with his chant a la ray lewis.

Matt Schaub does none of those things. He doesnt exude confidence.

There's a reason why he has never played in a playoff game ever.

He's a back up quarterback being mentored/coached by another back up quarterback.

1 person likes this.
  16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Reading this forum is so much better with that 713 dumbass on my ignore list

1 person likes this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Expected the team to repeat last year and completely dissolve at the tail end of the season?
    I still don't think we're losing in the first round regardless of the #1 seed or not, but their play so far as been very disconcerting.

18. 713

713 Member

Choke City.

19. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

these two are malignant cancers that need to be taken out if the texans want to cure their perpetual misery.

1 person likes this.
  20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That makes no sense... what does getting thrashed by two great offenses have to do with dissolving at the end of the season? This season and last season are nothing alike. The Texans don't play in the "first round" if they get the #1 seed. And if they don't, I won't be surprised if they do lose in WC round. The offense hasn't been steady for 6 weeks or so, the defense doesn't play consistent enough (but that's been apparent the entire season). Not a great recipe for success in the playoffs.