1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Maloney signs with Hawks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SirCharlesFan, Nov 22, 2002.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

I got this off of RealGM:

On Wednesday, the Atlanta Hawks signed guard Matt Maloney to take the place of rookie guard Dan Dickau, who went on the injured list with a slight cartilage tear in his left knee.

A five-year veteran, Maloney did not play in the NBA last season and last played for the Hawks during the 2000-01 campaign. He saw action in 55 games that year, averaging 6.7 ppg and 2.8 apg, shooting 42.0-percent from the field.

In 281 career games, Maloney has posted 7.7 points and 3.0 assists per game.

Before someone chimes in with wrong forum, I'm posting this under the Tracy Murray clause.

BTW, are we still paying this guy?

2. A-Train

A-Train Member

That's why it's called the TRACY MURRAY clause!

If you notice, it says, and I quote, "Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray."

Ex ROCKET...singular. Therefore, the only former Rocket about which you are allowed to talk is Tracy Murray...

Now, if it had said "Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rockets like Tracy Murray", then you would have a valid arguement...To avoid confusion, I propose that this statement be removed from the BBS page...

Hey, I could make a pretty good lawyer! :D

3. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Actually, I think the Tracy Murray thing came about from an actual disagreement between Clutch and a poster about the placement of a thread that involved Tracy Murray.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Does that mean, we have more space in the cap?

5. studogg

studogg Member

I want to be Matt Maloney. Play a decent season and get a great contract. and get paid for nothing. Should I post my resume on monster for that or would carrerbuilder be better. I have a finance degree, i won't blow the money:D