1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Jackson says there is a new leader in the Rockets' point guard sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yao ming, Jul 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I've always seen NVE as a shooter that needs alot of shots. His %'s have never been that great. He may be a good point guard, and could be a good fit on some teams. But for that type of money, its pointless, b/c we have McGrady and Yao who both need their shots. All we need is a good passer with low TOs that can hit the shot when it gets kicked out. (I would consider 3pts more important than anything, after A/To ratio). Sign Damon Jones and be done with it...dont' understand why the Rox are waiting this long.

BTW, I really was interested in moving MoT or Spoon, but I think the Rox think they will have to wait another year to move one of those guys...probably MoT after next year (then he'll only have 1 year left, right?)

2. Matador

Matador Member

you waited 2 years for that one post! :p

a few of problems with your deal:

1. Dampier is a free agent
    2. even if Dampier is signed the salaries don't add up
    3. I don't think Fisher is worth his current contract
    4. Fisher is better than Piatkowski and Dampier is better than Maurice Taylor. Why would Golden State do this deal?

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I've haven't seen much of his game. Don't remember much of him in the Finals. His stats look decent.

But it looks like someone made a thread just for James in the GARM: http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80852

:)

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sweet!

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say he blows, but I don't care if he is a clutchcity.net member or a Rockets fan. When you're in the position he is in, don't blatantly lie. And it's not just him it's other sports networks. They have this tendency to lie or to stretch the truth to get people to listen or watch and that eventually turns the fan base against you.