1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Jackson 610: Suggesting that MoTay for DA is ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I read that he got a fairly nasty infection from a dental procedure that was done. Not uncommon.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

LMAO

Man that is funny. Thanks.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's not really a significant point to argue, but one should consider that not all root canals are the same... Sometimes the nerve of the tooth is dead and you don't even need anesthetic, but sometimes they can really be downright nasty and sideline you for a few days.

I'd imagine this would especially be the case if you had two procedures in a short time span.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

For real, is it really him? Anyone know?

5. Fegwu

Welcome on board Matt. Thanks for the updates/clarification.

6. Fegwu

Yes!

7. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

It's him.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Awesome!!!

9. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I for one have always admired Matt's work on his refreshing/yet accurate viewpoints of our beloved Rockets and look foward to hearing his many more of his insightful thoughts :cool:

10. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Are you really the update guy? Is it really you ?!!?!?!

(If it is, might as well boost your ego) :)

11. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

Yeah--not quite the same as when you're the host, huh?

Oh, well--at least you tried. (LOL)

12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I agree. I over exaggerated my statement. I do believe (as tonight has witnessed) that he does have some pretty good insight and info. There have been many that have disliked or were fooled by some of his antics in the past (ie: the prize break-in situation, etc), but I understand they are light-hearted and for entertainment value. I guess I just didn't want myself, or anyone else, to get too anxiuos over something that MAY have been an opinion on his part. I never heard the report on the radio, so I didn't know.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Oh, sure, now you kiss up. :D

14. Houstonrocketss

I spoke to someone in the Rockets organization tonight at halftime who has the 411 he says the Trade is "almost" a done deal but their is a snag....no word on yet what that snag is...

15. mogrod

snag=DA hit two 3's in the 4th to almost pull off a comeback victory.

:)

Seriously though, it would probably be something in terms of Portland trying to trade one of thier PFs or something. Just my guess.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

MATTJ, we are not worthy. Man, this non-canceror tumor - not a rotation player talk, sometimes the best deal you make is the deal you don't make. I think Matt knows DA a lot better than the rest of us know DA, maybe we pass and don't fix what ain't broke.

You know watching Strick tonight, I was thinking that by playoff time if Stricks only problem is that he is not in shape and not that he is old. If he gets in shape by then, he may be a force to be dealt with, he is by far our most skilled passer. That pass to Yao was sweet.

17. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

I'm torn. I am not a big fan of Derek Anderson, just never liked his play (or shooting percentage).. but he does add some versatility/athleticism to the team and gets rid of Mo Taylor. And don't we have enough shooting guards?

Stuart

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like there is nothing to this... not because of Feigen's "source", but this quote from DA is lifeless.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3038570

Trade watch

Portland's Derek Anderson said he has been told he will be traded to the Rockets, and he hoped the deal goes through.

"It's just not meant for me (in Portland)," Anderson, 30, said. "They said I was coming here, but I haven't heard anything. I hope they make a decision soon. I'd love to be here if the opportunity presents itself."

A Rockets source said the deal was discussed "about a month ago" and has not been addressed since.

19. mogrod

Thanks Clutch.

It's weird that the snippet first says Anderson said he was told it will happen, and then his quote kind of goes against that notion.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well I would actually rather have a player begging and wanting to play like derek anderston than have a player that'll openly say that he doesn't care about staying home as long as he gets the paycheck ala motay. I'd rather have players that want the chance to play now that they've made it to the nba instead of players that are only thinking of mo'money ala mo tay. With the last bit of the Rudy T players traded with the exception of Yao Ming, was Rudy that great of a scout of talent?