1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard joins Rockets front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xtruroyaltyx, Jul 6, 2021.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Mr. Fertitta is good friends with Vernon Maxwell. Not Ghislaine Maxwell. No photoshop needed.

[​IMG]

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big thumbs up for Bull and The Rockets here!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Congrats, but that doesn't mean Tillman didn't want him off the air, you guys should stop trying to connect everything to a narrative you support...

That is my job.

DD

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Chuck ‘Quick Hands’ Hayes is in the FO?! I had no idea. He should work with Tate. Tate is already a good, smart defender, but Chuck could reach him even more about positioning and low post defense.

is he a new hire or has he been with us a while? Thought he was with Sac or something.

Easy and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Does he want Mobley or Green though

Rudyc281, sirjesse and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t dislike Bullard as a person or a player. But he annoyed the crap out of me after years of extreme hometown coupled with his corniness. It was like a worse version of my father, without the lovability.

but would love for him to work with our guys on their outside shot. Is he doing player development or what?

harold bingo likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

consummate professional, night in and night out

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He's been with us for a few years now.

Kevooooo and ThatBoyNick like this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He/Landry’s contributes to both parties, depending on the incumbent majority and the needs of his businesses in that particular state. He donated a lot to Pierce Bush in 2019. Probably friends w the family. Also donated to Mark Kelly, Trump V Fund, Cornyn V Fund, Arizona Dem Party, Scalise Leadership Fund, and Act Blue. Big companies/CEOs like that usually contribute fairy evenly to both parties. They want friends across the aisle. For example, ATT donates heavily to both parties. If you look back at 2000 cycle it’s predominantly Dems, but still plenty of Reps.

fchowd0311 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was surprised he was hired to be a scout and not a trainer, he could help a lot on defensive positioning and techniques

Tate, KJM, Oliver could all use his help

Rudyc281 and ElPigto like this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Had no idea! One of my all time favs.

Rudyc281 and ElPigto like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tillman leans Tillman.

Rich people (especially non-liquid ones) fund politicians who are going to put more money in their pockets. Even if it means toxic water, air, or more disease for the common folk. Which party do we think benefits non-liquid billionaires more by de-regulation, and tax breaks for the wealthy?

But don't be fooled just because Tillman gave $2,800 to Joe Biden in 2020. Look at the laundry list of 100K checks to Republicans after Republicans. The RNC has him on some form of autorenew it looks like. And he's willing to give gleefully to insurrectionists as well like Steve Scalise who once claimed to himself be "David Duke without the Baggage."

Giving one check here and there to a Democrat in the grand scheme of his overwhelming amounts of donations to Republicans and insurrectionists doesn't make him a balanced businessman. It makes him full of sh$t, and his donation to a few Dems here and there seems pretty clearly PR, or a donation just to make sure he can try curry favor with both sides even when everyone knows what team he plays for.

Also a picture with Bill Clinton obviously says very little nowadays. Not really the greatest representation for where the Dem base is these days.

(I know this take belongs in the D&D, but I just couldn't let posts like this stand and misrepresent who Tillman is, and what he contributes to)

Rudyc281, Amel and Nook like this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

Free throw coach

WestendMassive and ThatBoyNick like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Good for Bullard, clean and wholesome just like me, daddy jokes and all

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. napalm06

I know what you mean. I also miss the days when Democrats understood economics and were interested in some level of compromise and logical analysis.

16. dobro1229

Patrick?? Is that you?

Also.... the Democrats also chose Joe Freaking Biden as their nominee so yeah... I'm pretty sure compromise is still something they are well prepared to do.

I guess you missed the news where Joe Biden took a 2Trillion dollar Infrastructure plan that could have been passed along party lines, and is opting for a bi-partisan 700 billion plan instead.

Lastly - Lets talk about Compromise. Does this look like compromise to you?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#36 dobro1229, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Amel likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Bullard comes off as very golly-gee on tv, but I remember in his playing days he would park his minivan in the handicap spot at Randalls in the Woodlands and give no effs.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Same, if Tillman wants a good culture moves
    Like these are the right steps

19. napalm06

No, I know it belongs in D&D but I couldn't let this portrayal of the current base stand and misrepresent who they are. Bear in mind I am in no way commenting on or defending the red team.

20. dobro1229

You and Tillman both right??