1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes talks smack to James Harden's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, May 7, 2015.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Saw someone said she yelled you suck and then he said that. Which makes me wonder if he knew that Harden's Mom

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Reggie was abysmal last night, but they didn't even talk about the game during halftime. Shaq tripped over a computer monitor that was planted there, and they literally spent the entire 15 minutes laughing about it and showing replays over and over.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Drawing Reggie every game is just turble. We shouldn't be subjected to it. Took him 2 minutes last night to figure why Howard shouldn't have drawn his 5th foul with the game on the line and a quarter to go. The praising Barnes? I mean, if he does something good, I can see a comment maybe, but Reggie was acting like people should aspire to be this guy or something. He's the weakest link on the team, a weak 6th man enforcer with the occasional shot that is lucky he's on a team with so little depth they need him to start. His first mode of defense upon being shown up is the cheap shot, and second to try to get people thrown out. He knows basically any starter he gets thrown out with equals win for clippers because he isn't starter material.

Dude plays hard, but one of these things doesn't belong. I sure hope Harden doesn't take this so seriously that he does something silly. Will be a fine line between motivation, and one more barnes provocation making him doing something stupid.

Dorsey is the best answer we have, sadly, and he doesn't strike me as mean/tough enough to do what should be done. Maybe Beverley can suit up for a few minutes? One can wish.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

You got to admit, that was funny. But yes, Reggie was TERRIBLE

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You're right. He had 46, 40, 29, 20, 8, and then 30 point games. I wouldn't mind Blake staying around 20 points a game.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Really?

Rocket River

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Reggie Miller is the absolute worst. Him and Jon Barry just baffle me. I don't want to hear anyone complain about Clyde ever again after listening to these morons.

Just check out this gem from Reggie Miller about the meaning of the phrase "Pun":

http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/db002d70e7e011e4911c01d15255e81a.webm

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There was some jawing by Blake to the Rockets bench when they went up 13. I'm sure that didn't help motivate the Rockets at all or anything.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can someone put up a link on some credible report on this, with context?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Barnes did something like that. He's been a punk for years.

edit: Thanks Captain Hook for the link.

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

James doesn't.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

14. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

There's no reason to really be up in arms over the Reggie Miller stuff.

It's the Bruin connection with Barnes - or any other ex/current Bruin - which drives Miller's takes. It has almost nothing to do with what is actually transpiring. Flawed as that might make his interjections, this is the rare instance when it saves him from looking stupid.

Also, Matt Barnes is not a fake tough guy. Do I despise him on another team? Sure. Do I wish he played for the Rox? Sure. But dude punches out guys at Pro-AM's, I mean that's like what Rick Mahorn and Charles Oakley.......ohhh wait.

He will throw punches. He will fight. Doesn't make him a tough guy. Just makes him a guy who will throw punches and will fight. Frankly, we need a guy like that on our team.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Too bad Goran can't give his account of Matt Barnes. In practice, to get players to compete harder or something sadistic, Matt would mock Goran's accent when he played defense. That one is known. Leonardo Barbosa, allegedly, had similar incidents with good ol' Matt. Again, Leo's first language isn't English, so Matt used that as a means of ridicule. He doesn't have many friends, outside the few on each of the teams he's been on. He would have fit in with that Jailblazer squad with Sheed, Jermaine, Quitten, Bonzi and a young ZBo. They treated each other like hell and pretended like it was all in good fun.

Look, Matt is a an underrated defender, shooter and hustler/journey man, but he's got some major personal issues that have spilled onto the court in his career. He's even admitted it. I think he said somewhere that anger makes him play better. He likes being a villain. The problem is that the NBA has cleaned up its act and players are actually working to help their communities. Matt is trying to clean up his rep from allegedly hurting his ex, among other things. I'v read that he's a good father.

What he said to James' mom is inexcusable and disgusting. Saying it to another player on the court is one thing (not claiming it's acceptable), but going out of your way to harass someone's mother is against every male,sports and behavior code around.

I'm hoping this makes bigger headlines. It would help us for Matt's choice of words to be played out in the media. The NBA doesn't like the "thugginess," and when you play for the Clippers, after Donald Sterling's debacle, you should be a wee bit careful about what you say.

Someone who knows Fran...get him all over this. Get Screamin' A and Skip Basless on it...we need all the help we can get going into Kobe's err Staple's Center.

But, damn, Matt. That's low. You should be ashamed. That's someone's mother. ALWAYS off limits, just like kids.

2 people like this.
  16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Eff that apology.

17. souvlaki

souvlaki Member

18. TheresTheDagger

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I would like to know what he has to say about Matt Barnes' comments

[​IMG]