1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matador (bullfighter) killed by bull in Spain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Jul 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It looked like the horns went in his side chest cavity, I thought it was a head shot but it didn't appear but his head did rock back.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Like I tell my kids...

Mess with the bull and you just might get the horns.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not going to watch someone die at 9am on a Monday, but... GOT EM COACH.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Doesn't it kind of defeat the whole purpose of this bull-**** (heh) sport if the bull doesn't win now and then?

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

killing an animal to eat it is part of the cycle of life. killing an animal for sport is sadistic and i have zero sympathy whatsoever for those who participate in it.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, hope they ban this bullsh** in a few years. Pretty sad when all these people can say to defend themselves is "uh, it's a tradition".

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the loss of life. One thing about Bull Fighting is that isn't really a sport of man vs. bull.

It is more like a ceremony. The bull is never supposed to win, and neither is the matador/torero.

It should be thought of more like a ballet. It's supposed to be about the style, grace, etc. of how it is done.

But people who go to the bullfights are never going wondering who's going to win, because they don't think of it as a situation where someone wins and someone loses.

That being said, it doesn't change the cruelty and suffering that occurs to the bull. So I'm not defending bullfighting. Just pointing out that it isn't really a win or lose competition.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

and here it is

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I get it but in most cases the Bull dies. To me that a loss in any book. In some rare cases the Bull gets to live out his life but it's rare.
    per Wiki:

"After the bull has been hooked multiple times behind the shoulder by other matadors in the arena, the bullfight usually concludes with the killing of the bull by a single sword thrust, which is called the estocada. There are sometimes in which the life of the bull is forgiven due to his braveness. Once the animal has been cured by the vets, it returns to the farm to live for the eternity."

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

see..playing defense just might get u killed...

all jokes aside...what a terrible way to go.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Gonna cook up a nice juicy steak tonight.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The bull was killed, and his mother will be killed as well, as tradition demands.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wait, really? why?

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I have two nicely marbled Ribeyes in the fridge for the grill tonight. CANNOT wait to eat this beef. Might even post pics. I also enjoyed a wonderful T-Bone on Friday along with some grilled lobster tails. FANtastic.

15. hvic

hvic Member

he knows his job has fame but is an occupational hazard

16. MystikArkitect

Does this apply to the army of hunters here in Texas or nah?

17. Buck Turgidson

I've never met a hunter in Texas who doesn't eat what they shoot.

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Soon we will have factory steaks (geneticlly created) that does not grow on cows.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

That's an appeal to nature fallacy. What you deem "natural" doesn't justify unnecessarily harming animals because you want what comes out of their body. Your argument may hold some credence if you were a hunter-gatherer who relied on hunting for survival, but you surpass vegetables to buy meat at the grocery store. That's going out of your way to cause harm, just like attending these barbaric bullfights is going out of your way to cause harm.

At least you have some semblance of humanity in you. I'm with you that these bullfighters deserve what's coming to 'em.

20. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I had no idea that in bullfighting they actually killed the bulls??? WTF...

I thought it was mainly just a dude waving a red flag and trying to avoid getting gored and then after a certain time limit it is over and the bull goes back to its pen or pasture like in the Houston rodeo.