1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass killing at Christmas parade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Defending the media? that hid the scumbags identity until they couldn't any longer? The one's who lied about him running away and not doing it on purpose. The media that keeps hiding that the mf is a racist pos BLM domestic terrorist? The democratic party members saying this was karma for their pedophiles deaths? False narrative? What world do you live in that makes you think that its a false narrative that media and government are pushing a race war and lying to you.... Stay in lala land, either way when you find out you have been lied to you will probably just be okay with it carry one beliving what ever they tell you instead of thinking for yourself..

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The guy was already on bail... maybe he decided to use his last bits of freedom for his political beliefs since he knew he was going to face punishment for already committing a previous crime. Go out with a bang, essentially. This is a good reason why courts need to be careful about setting bail for violent criminals.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not defending anyone or anything, just pointing out the facts. They didn't hide his identity. They didn't lie about him running away or any of that.

I have my own critique about the media here and it is that they were in too much of a hurry to get the story out which is why much of the reporting was just plain sloppy.

The media and government aren't pushing a race war, they both do lie to us, though. That isn't anything new. I have plenty of criticism for both the media and government. What I don't do is make up or go along with crazy conspiracy theory crap just to have something to complain and get angry about.

Everyone is upset at what happened and the injuries and deaths that were caused. I'm glad they quickly apprehended the driver and that he will be held accountable. That's a great thing.

The guy obviously didn't care about hitting pedestrians. As he first enters the parade, he does in fact avoid some people and swerves around a kid. Then he just plows into others and never stops. There were larger concentrations of people he could have hit and injured. But he certainly isn't trying to avoid hitting people after that initial swerve around.

But if we are going to talk about who lives outside of the real world, it would be the people that claim the media isn't covering this story when it's been the top story on pretty much every mainstream media outlet for two days. If the media wanted to sweep it under the rug, they could have buried the story. But it's been the top story and in their own promos about upcoming news. Nobody who is thinking clearly would make the claim that the same media that makes it the top story for a period of days, is trying to hide things and cover it up. That just isn't backed up by any facts at all.

In fact, it is more likely that the mistakes they made were done so in a rush to get the story out to the public instead of taking the time to verify and check the actual facts of the story.

Jayzers_100, jo mama and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Terrible for those affected.

Making a mountain out of a molehill. Too much (politically motivated) overreaction to an event (mass killing and harm using a vehicle) that is extremely rare.

As others already pointed out about bail... one lesson here we should learn from.

Those charged for violent acts should not be released so easily. How the hell do you release someone on 1k bail that ran over the mother of his kid with an SUV (attempted murder)? The system should treat domestic violence abuse very tough. At the same time, the court system should treat non-violence cases much more fairly - no bail (why should they even be in jail taking up limited space?) Bail should not be so much about if you are going to run away but a danger to others.

Other domestic abuse bails set similar to parade suspect's (tmj4.com)

WAUKESHA, Wis. — A bail set by a Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney was later called "inappropriately low" by DA John Chisholm, after Darrell Brooks was accused of driving his car through a holiday parade in Waukesha, killing six.

Nearly three weeks ago, Brooks was accused of running over the mother of his child. He was released on $1,000 cash bond on Nov. 11. Ten days later he was accused of the deadly parade incident.

The I-Team examined all the 2021 domestic abuse cases assigned to the same ADA assigned to Brooks' case and found dozens of cases where bail was set under $1,000, including 45 felonies. We also found 16 cases where the bail was set above $5,000.

Ultimately, the bail amount is set by the presiding judge. These amounts aren't fully reflective of the ADA's recommendation, which could be higher. In a different case earlier this November, the ADA asked for a $5,000 cash bond. The judge ruled instead for a $1,500 Signature Bond; meaning the person charged could walk out of court with just a signature.

Defense Attorney Julius Kim of Kim and LaVoy Attorneys at Law agrees with Chisholm's assessment that the bail was inappropriate, but does not blame the ADA.

"In terms of setting bail, all domestic violence cases are kinda a crap-shoot in all honesty, because it’s hard to figure out when someone may do something incredibly drastic later down the line," Kim said.

Kim says a number of factors are at play, including a rising violent crime rate and a limited number of resources. He says a check of another ADA assigned to domestic abuse cases would likely have similar bail amounts.

"It’s so hard to determine what the appropriate bail should be in each individual case," Kim said. "You can’t set $50,000, $100,000 cash bail on every person that comes through the criminal justice system because there’s only a certain amount of beds in the jail."

Kim adds, under the law, bail is not a monetary hurdle designed to keep people in jail.

"The primary purpose of bail under the law is to set a bail amount, a cash bail amount, to ensure a person's return to court," Kim said. "That’s it. Nothing more."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a helpful reminder

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that many here are jumping to conclusions and making this political. It's the flip side of those jumping to conclusions about Kyle Rittenhouse.

Anyway this story has taken even a stranger turn. When Brooks was arrested he went to someone's porch claiming he was homeless and cold. The homeowner game him a sandwich, a coat, and his phone. Apparently the homeowner hadn't seen any of the alerts that were being broadcast.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-show-arrest-waukesha-parade-suspect-rcna6425
    Doorbell video appears to show arrest of Waukesha parade suspect
    Unaware of Sunday's crash, Daniel Rider said he invited suspect Darrell Brooks into his home and made him a sandwich before authorities arrived.

The suspect accused of mowing down a crowd of holiday revelers in Wisconsin was captured in a doorbell camera before his arrest pleading for help and telling a resident he was waiting for an Uber, according to video obtained Monday by NBC News.

The Nov. 21 video also shows authorities arriving at the Waukesha home and telling the suspect, Darrell Brooks, 39, to put his hands up.

It isn’t clear whether the house, roughly a half-mile from the Waukesha Christmas parade route that Brooks is accused of plowing into, is where police placed him under arrest.

The Waukesha Police Department did not respond to requests for comment Monday.

In videos shared with by NBC News by resident Daniel Rider, Brooks — wearing a T-shirt and shivering on Rider's front porch — can be seen knocking on the home's front door.

A timestamp on the video shows that it was recorded just after 5 p.m. local time, about 20 minutes after Brooks allegedly tore through parade route barricades, killing five people and injuring dozens more.

"I called an Uber and I'm supposed to be waiting for it over here, but I don't know when it's coming," he can be heard saying. "Can you call it for me please? I'm homeless."

In an interview, Rider, who'd been away on a hunting trip and was watching football when the crash occurred, said he had no idea about what had just happened blocks away.

He said he invited Brooks inside and gave him a jacket, made him a sandwich and let him use his phone.

"All of a sudden, I look outside my street and I see a few cop cars drive by and I'm getting extra nervous," he said.

Rider said he asked Brooks to leave, and he did. After Rider's neighbor called police, Brooks began "pounding" on Rider's front door, saying he'd left his ID, Rider recalled.

"Then the next thing you know, you see the cops with lights on him saying, 'hands in the air, hands in the air.'"

The encounter, part of which was captured on video, showed Brooks walking around Rider's front porch. Police officers can be seen arriving at the house and ordering Brooks to put his hands up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," he can be heard saying while appearing to comply.

Authorities have said that Brooks fled the scene of a domestic disturbance just before the crash. Responding officers were redirected to the parade route, which observers compared to a war zone.

Brooks, who has a lengthy criminal history that includes sexual abuse and battery, was charged Nov. 5 in a separate domestic violence case. He posted $1,000 cash bond was released six days later.

His lawyer in that case has declined to comment to NBC News. It isn't clear if he has another lawyer for the charges related to Sunday's crash.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

…and far right fascists are nuts. What the **** is your point here?

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

those of yall trying to make this about politics are just flat out insane, stupid or totally brainwashed.

all yall are doing is proving how obsessed you are with making everything about politics...its 100% projection on your part and everyone who is not a brainwashed moran can see it.

it was the lead-off story on network news this week and its been heavily reported on daily since it happened. and you dorks are constantly whining about the media ignoring it. what a bunch of snowflakes you are!

and how stupid do you have to be to state that "maybe he decided to use his last bits of freedom for his political beliefs since he knew he was going to face punishment for already committing a previous crime". its just so stupid to automatically assume that there was a political agenda on the part of the murderer...he was a psychotic a**hole murder. how in the world do you try to tie this to the black live matter movement or claim that he killed those people because of politics.

yall are just so freaking stupid...not much surprises me anymore from you cult members, but this is just shockingly stupid.

9. jo mama

also, i love how the trumpers are now all of a sudden concerned with the media lying when their hero was a pathological liar with decades of history of being a lying liar. too bad they dont hold their political idols to the same standard that they do the media.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

With orange man they lost their ability to high horse and be some bastion of truth.
    No one buys that sh*it anymore and one of the biggest things orange screwed for them. I think it's hilarious

Andre0087, jo mama and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Dipshit judge sets bail at $5M

Why in the world is this person who just murdered 6 people and injured 40 more allowed to be out in public?

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The media and establishment at large did nothing but lie about Trump. This is not a sudden concern.

Astrodome likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What did they lie about? Trump told 30,000 plus likes in office...in 4 years. Compare that to 18 for Obama in 8 years. LOL

Tell me, what did the media say that was a lie about Trump? That he was a racist? Liar? Would try to steal the Election? Encourage his supporters to storm the Capital?

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Faux News has already...somehow...connected this tragedy to Trump Supporters. As in, he hated Trump Supporters (in his music)...so that may have been a motivation (implied).

This while Aubrey verdict has already been buried on their website. If those had gotten off, Faux would have been praising the verdict and how it would be a vindication of citizens' right to fight crime. That is Faux News.

#94 Mr.Scarface, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I would think “no bond” would be an option. This would be classified as capital murder in AR and capital offenses are no-bond eligible. Giving him a dollar amount is surprising, however, he won’t make that bond.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

prosecutor asked for the 5m bail amount

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just watched an hour of faux news. Arbery had a whole segment. This story had an update on the sixth victim but didnt mention this scumbags name.

His GoFundMe was supposedly removed.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. jo mama

lol. you and trump are the liars.

trump is the biggest liar of all and that is not disputable. so when cult members like yourself go around accusing others of lying than we all know that you are a giant hypocrite and a hack.

#99 jo mama, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Starting to look clear this was done for a specific reason...

BigggReddd likes this.