1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't remember it that way for whatever reason, but it works for me.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The twist of which Vision is real (wrt the vibranium) happened too fast for me. So fast, i'm not even convinced what I wrote is correct. It was as much of a legitimate question back to you. Maybe I'll go back and watch ... but, meh ...

#362 heypartner, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. heypartner

haha

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel the same (on not wanting to re-watch). I actually missed something when watching that scene too (obviously) - I thought once Green Vision transferred the data to White Vision, White Vision flew away and landed with the kids (now Green, I assumed he turned Green off screen). I did not realize White Vision fled the scene entirely until after the episode.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think you were right... but I also agree that for this being the "big reveal", it was somewhat rushed and not orchestrated as good as some other parts.

He shows a video earlier of Wanda "stealing Vision's corpse" at SWORD, which I suppose was proven to be doctored when Darcy/Woo/Rambeu started going into the files.

They then put the big reveal in a mid/end credit scene (which not all people may know to watch) that all they needed to fulfill their master plan (white vision) was Wanda's energy that she transferred to the weapon they sent in to try and destroy her.

So in the end, I suppose SWORD had only one goal... re-animate Vision, despite some sort of advanced directive that they weren't supposed to. They needed Wanda to be able to do it, but her energy was the next best thing. Getting rid of current vision shouldn't have been "necessary", but as you said he needed to continue to coverup.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. heypartner

which credit scene (what episode)?

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Episode 8. Mid credit

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Explains whatever I saw much better... Must've cut out the scene where Darcy watches the last vid. Not sure why the Director would shoot the kids other than for Darcy and Rambeua to pull a Scooby Gang moment

What White Vision does after zooming away is probably exposition for movie goers. I guess the rule is one or two outside details per movie.

Didn't watch Agents of Shield but rolled with it when Hydra took down shield in Ultron(?)

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

having enough time after watching both series... i think blek falcon and bucky is better than wandaviz. the first 4 episodes of wandaviz ruined it for me... despite blek falcon's deflating season finale. hope they're not thinking about doing a s2 and instead just go for a movie with a real villain. scrap vision too, he's the most boring character in the avengers series.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So odd that Feige thinks like this...really disappointing they didn't include Dr. Strange because of that.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-...l-dr-strange-written-out-wandavision-1164455/

How Benedict Cumberbatch’s Dr. Strange Almost Appeared in ‘WandaVision’
    Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explains why a planned Dr. Strange appearance would’ve “taken away from Wanda”

“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten.

In the end, Feige says, Marvel’s process is “a wonderful combination of very dedicated coordination, and chaos. Chaos magic.” At one point, back when Dr. Strange was supposed to be part of the story, the in-universe commercials were going to be messages from Strange to Wanda, and there was also talk of having Cumberbatch appear in one of the ads, head writer Jac Schaeffer says.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

though it would've been epic to see strange doctor in the series, they wouldn't need him really. just get rid of the wasted 4 episodes and make it better. that was all that was needed.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

decided to watch the Marvel shows on Disney+ after seeing the latest Spiderman movie the other day starting with this one

my impression after the 1st episode is simply “Wtf is this?”

robbie380 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Show more scarlet skin?

Jontro likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's like that for a couple more episodes.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Give it time, it explains why it’s like that.

clos4life, Reeko and Slyonebluejay like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

finished watching this today

it was “Wtf is this nonsense?” for me until episode 4, and it didn’t really get going until about episode 6

1st 3 episodes were a chore to get through, thank God they were short

At this point, only Captain Marvel would have any chance whatsoever against Wanda right?

I’m really interesting in learning more about Scarlet Witch moving forward

I have so many questions after this show

that witch just randomly being there is still confusing to me…might have to head to YouTube to see what was up with her

now on to Falcon and the Winter Soldier

clos4life and STR8Thugg like this.
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Falcon and Winter Soldier is alright, but it's worth watching.

Loki is terrific. But it's gonna start making your head hurt.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel like I'm the only one on earth who hated Loki. People were talking too damn much.