1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

spells in place in the basement. The rune spells i think. Only Agatha's powers work there.

Rocket River

No Worries likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Agreed. Episode deserves a rewrite. Didn't realize beating Thanos could have been so easy with a different approach.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Understood. Still feels wrong.

No Worries likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Thanos was caught off guard by her power too. I think Thanos on guard would not have had as much trouble with Wanda at the level she was at then.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For geek talk, magic runs with its own rules...could be like superman being vulnerable to magic.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought it was explained in Ultron that Wanda/Pietro were not exactly "normal" to begin with.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really liked how they used her past to tie in all the various shows that WandaVision was patterned after in the first three episodes. Made those first three episodes feel more meaningful knowing the why as opposed to the producers just having fun, which is what it felt like when first watching.

Could someone explain the mutant hint for me? What was in the episode that indicated possible mutants? I think I missed that.

DaBeard and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Personally I don't think anything hinted at that. But the theory is, we witness her use her powers BEFORE interacting with an infinity stone.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The whole episode was about Agatha trying to figure out how Wanda got so powerful.

maybe the takeaway is Wanda is a naturally-born witch whose powers drastically increased through interaction with the infinity stone, yet still they are witch-based, so Agatha’s rune spell in the basement (which seems to require luring into a closed space) still managed to trump Wanda.

in any event, they were obviously trying to tell us something, and with the direct ties to the Infinity War movies, I dont feel like they are ignoring her powers then.

mikol13, Kim and Xerobull like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^^
    That said, why wouldn’t the Hex collapse if Wanda lost her powers in the basement?? :)
    I guess its auto sustaining world building. Agatha did say something about that.

Kim and robbie380 like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good plot hole spotting but as we saw in Dr. Strange, spells can self-sustain or even be assigned to objects (relics).

Rocket River and Kim like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I read somewhere they are supposed to drop some massive cameo at the end of this season which I guess is Friday. Anyone have a clue who that is?

spoiler it I guess if you need to if it already leaked.

My theory:

At the end of Endgame, Captain America was supposed to travel back in time and put the stones back to their original spot or something like that. My guess is Agathas powers actually come from captain America going back in time and giving it to the original witch’s or to Agatha in some way. The stone she has that gives her powers is obviously the purple one which is why she has that color in her power streams or whatever you want to call it. I think the cameo will be Cap setting off the events by giving Agatha the stone directly or indirectly.

#293 dobro1229, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That rumor (I think) originates from this Paul Bettany quote:

"Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed," said Bettany, who plays Vision in the unique Marvel Studios sitcom. "It's an actor that I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It's just fireworks on set. So, I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

Which now, in hindsight, I think it's pretty obvious... he's just talking about himself. Paul Bettany as Vision and Paul Bettany as white Vision.

Outside of MAYBE Dr. Strange - I'm not expecting any big surprise cameos from an existing MCU person. Not in a 50min finale.

No Worries, dobro1229 and Xerobull like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

wanda ded

seclusion likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I binged all 8 episodes over the past week. I'm not as hyped about the Agnes reveal. I thought it would be bold for Scarlet Witch to be causing the problems and in a way a villain anti-hero that was emotionally broken into causing this alternate reality. But I guess it's Disney and they can't have their heroes look vulnerable.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder what Marvel fans will say. I felt like we got a lot of nothing. no cameos. Did nothing with Evan Peters. uh oh, lol. Omega Level Red Herrings.

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't watched ep 7-8. wanted to save it for later... but now i'm having second thoughts.