1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] The Defenders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Defenders can work just be more creative with bad guys and story line. The worst part of the DD2 was the Hand stuff. Hopefully they are done with that.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Hand and Iron Fist crap dragged down the show.

Maybe they replace the guy and use that transformation as an excuse to make the character as someone who knows his **** instead of a ridiculously annoying and self centered plot device to pad an 8 episode season?

Luke Cage is also depowered because "he doesn't want to hurt people" when in fact a real punch by him could cave a person's skull and end a brawl pretty quickly. Not sure what to make out of the hip hop whenever he shows up. That's his theme because he's black.

To this day, I don't know how strong JJ is, but she can hold a 1 ton elevator, so I'm guessing a real punch could pretty much cause a splatter fest like Luke Cage.

I kinda wanted them to kill DD and make him a Hand zombie who later leads them, but who knows, they might work that angle in the next seasons.

To sum it up, it's a mediocre season (6/10) only because it never had time in season to build up any expectations. They toyed with mystical crap in the previous series, but I guess TV budget realities made the Hand baddies more or less human mob bosses rather than terrible inhuman monsters that toyed with the world for centuries.

Big drag for a 3 yr buildup, but could've been worse.

#122 Invisible Fan, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How so? DD1 had Prime Wilson Fisk.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, DD1 started out very well but it seriously lost momentum after ~5 episodes and became a struggle to watch.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only side guy who was watchable was Frank Castle..... Kingpin in prison, the Elektra arc meh, the whole Hand organization, disorganized ninjas.

Madame Gao always entertaining but too small a role. Too many characters.

I think you got more action scenes but the introductory Season 1 was well structured.

#125 daywalker02, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017