1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV Series] World War Hulk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marvel Studios' Hulk: New Movie Rumored to Adapt World War Hulk Plot
    [​IMG]
    By Russ Milheim
    October 20, 2021

Time to talk about The Incredible Hulk . At one point, many refused to accept the fact that the film was even canon . The movie had a different Hulk actor, and its events are rarely referenced in the wider MCU—in fact, there are still several plot threads still hanging to this day.

Cut to 2021, and things have changed, if only slightly. General Ross returned to the MCU with Captain America: Civil War , and Tim Roth's Abomination took the stage for a brief moment in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings .

Yet there has still not been a single solo Bruce Banner project since his 2008 outing. He has simply played a vital role alongside other Marvel heroes in various projects, all of which being team-ups of some fashion.

Bruce Banner's origin movie was distributed by Universal Studios, who had the distribution rights to the character, but not the ability to make a movie about the character himself—those particular rights still belonged to Marvel Studios.

Universal has leveraged this over the years by not letting Marvel Studios release a project based solely on the green angry giant, as Marvel Studios/Disney would not allow a different studio to distribute the title.

With She-Hulk on the horizon , fans thought things might have changed. Yet, with Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner still active, there continued to be no Hulk solo project. Thankfully, it seems that's about to change.

World War Hulk Rumored to Be Coming Soon
    [​IMG]
    Marvel
    The GWW has learned that Marvel Studios has a "solo" Hulk film in active development which is going by the title of World War Hulk . The film is currently slated to start production in late 2022, after the debut of She-Hulk on Disney+.

With a production date in 2022, the movie would likely be set for a late-2023 or early-to-mid-2024 release.

ADVERTISEMENT

The outlet teased that "this film is also said to be yet another piece in the puzzle that also sets up a future film project [they] hope to reveal later."

This news has not been confirmed or commented on by Disney and Marvel Studios, so it remains strictly a rumor for now.

Marvel Studios Finally Gets To Explore Hulk
    Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has, in the past, spoken about how he's always wanted to explore Hulk more in solo projects, but has been unable to. It seems that is all about to change with She-Hulk having been the first sign.

Lots of aspects of World War Hulk were touched upon and played off of in Thor: Ragnarok . Clearly, that doesn't seem to be stopping Marvel. After all, there is plenty more to the comic storyline that never made it into Thor's third film.

A while back, there was a rumor that She-Hulk was set to introduce Hulk's son , Skaar. While it seemed like an odd choice at the time, with this news, it makes a lot more sense.

As for what this movie will lead to, the options are plentiful. While he debuted at the beginning of the MCU, it looks like Hulk's story is only just now beginning. Fingers crossed that one day the world will be able to witness Maestro—an evil Bruce Banner from an alternate timeline, who collects trinkets from the various defenders of the universe he defeats.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So...is this going to be a "joint" venture between Disney/Marvel and Universal Studios? Or is Disney/Marvel going to work around the distribution rights issue by making this a "solo" Hulk movie but have Hulk share screen time with She-Hulk and other MCU characters? I'm basically confused.

3. Xerobull

They'll probably use legal loopholes like they did with the other MCU movies (except the solo movie) with the Hulk.

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Adventures of Korg and other dudes.

boomboom and Xerobull like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Hulk has had his chance. Thought each movie was generally ok, but not very memorable. First movie the audience wasn't quite ready for the comic presentation style. And the second movie was decent, but outside of the shanti chase scene, not very thrilling. I did like Tim Blake in it and want to know more about what he was up to.

He was great in just about all of his Marvel scenes.

6. Xerobull

There are tons of outstanding stories in the comics that are waiting to be told. Planet Hulk was bastardized for Thor 3 (although that's a great movie). WW Hulk, The Immortal Hulk storyline, and those are just more recent runs. The Hulk persona and mythos is massively deep. When I was a little kid, it was Spider-Man. As a teenager, it was Wolverine. As an adult, my favorite Marvel hero is The Hulk.

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't like Civil War in the comics and the movie treatment was way better, but I felt the opposite with the way they mangled Planet Hulk.

There's also a straight to dvd cartoon version of Planet Hulk, but they cut the story short to make it a happy ending...smh

8. Xerobull

+1 Civil war was too dark and not well written IMO. The movie, however, was fantastic.

We own the Planet Hulk direct to video on DVD. Yeah, it sucked.

9. Buck Turgidson

Taika, or no Taika?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Robot Thor was ****ing dumb.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's crazy I think the opposite the movie was very average IMO and did not capture the real stakes and emotions that
    the comic did, they were straight-up killing each other in the comic which gave Cap a great emotional arc.

That one of the comics I still remember and should have got the R treatment to portray the emotional stakes to really do that comic justice.

It's funny I had not even really thought of that comic since I read it even when watching the movie, it was good enough but not as deep as the comic and I understand why MONEY! but that's ok but for some reason reading what you wrote, the memories of that comic were vivid in my mind again.

Disney+ or somebody needs to do some Marvel animated movies with an R rating, I would so love that?

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cool part IIRC about the comic was Captain America turning to the Punisher, a character the MCU didn't have access to at the time.

I wonder if any of the current Krakoa X-Men stuff (that I barely follow to be honest) will be adapted.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually forgot about that and I think that's why it made such an impact because that team-up was out of left field and if I remember right he kept busting Cap"s balls.

The thing I remember most was how everyone reacted when they killed that black superhero.

The comic I want the most to be adapted is Secret Wars they could probably get Infinity Wars money out of it.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Especially if they let one of the most powerful beings Marvel Comics ever created come in looking like David Hasselhoff in an Elvis jumpsuit like they did in the comics. lol.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Was that the Watcher?

I need to find pic of that. LOL!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No. In the comics, the original Secret Wars in the 1980's was where he was introduced, I think. Pre-retcon Beyonder was the most powerful character ever introduced in Marvel Comics (with the exception of TOAA ... and he doesn't count since he was supposed to be the representation of Stan Lee/God). The Beyonder was such a dorky representation of someone that powerful and then they nerfed him in later appearances. It was like "here's the most powerful character ever introduced in Marvel Comics and we're gonna make him look like David Hasselhoff at a disco". Smh.

Here you go, from the second Secret Wars series (Secret Wars II) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#16 Dr of Dunk, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Beyonder's basketball skills far-surpassed Russell Westbrook's.... Beyonder would average a bajoople-double in this soft NBA.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL!

Yeah, I knew it was a name like that.

Nobody talks about that series am I thinking it was better than it actually was?

Maybe it was just the team-up that I liked so much.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Secret Wars is notable for a lot of things from a Marvel Comics historical standpoint. Spidey got a new costume which eventually would become Venom. A few new characters are introduced. She-hulk becomes a temporary member of the Fantastic Four after Thing leaves. I'm sure there were other things that happened. That was also one of the first or biggest crossover events that crossed multiple titles in the Marvel Universe. Nowadays there're like 10 of those a month because Marvel saw it was a money-maker. lol.

The Beyonder was about the most overpowered character ever in Marvel Comics -- Thanos & the Infinity Gauntlet would be about as powerful as a burp in an ocean in comparison. lol.

jiggyfly likes this.