1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Hawkeye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm meh on the series. It's a decent timewaster, but not expecting much. Do like them going more into Ronin, since that was a 10 minute throwaway in the movies.

Didn't like Hawkeye to begin with. Not enthused about another "young n upcoming female character" I have to give a crap about.

The fact that she comes from nowhere (her superpower is her wealthy entitlement of Spunk and Sass!) and is groomed as his successor kinda cheapens no-power Hawkeye's status as a superhero, imo.

Jontro likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's been entertaining so far, not sure I'm a fan of the direction Marvel is taking long term but they've produced Loki and Wandavision, so at least their TV stuff is worth a watch.

STR8Thugg and mikol13 like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I don’t sense there’s a good momentum build up to anything. Loki felt hugely consequential but it’ll probably be 3 years before it really means anything to the whole team of characters.

I think Hawkeye so far has been fine but so far feels out of place and inconsequential. I think they would be better off to try and pull the Dr. Strange and Antman movies forward if they can assuming both are finished and assuming both have ties to Wanda/Loki. I have zero interest in anything they are trying to do with the Skrulls/Nick Fury/Cap Marvel stuff. The What if animation series too was silly per the bit I did watch.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The MCU is expanding to reflect the Marvel stable of comics while setting up new characters so Disney doesn’t have to rely so heavily on high dollar actors who will eventually get so wealthy and bored with their roles they will retire, as we saw with RDJ/Iron Man and Chris Evans/Cap.

I’m the comics, there’s always a big overall threat looming as well as character or team centric stuff going on.

And with the MCU, they’re weaving in bringing in the Fantastic Four, X-Men and the supernatural characters like Blade and Moon Knight (The Midnight Sons).

Lots going on, very exciting for a Marvel fan.

CCorn, Slyonebluejay and mikol13 like this.
  5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yeah, who would ever read/watch something about a teenage super hero. Except Spider-Man, I guess. And Robin. Teen Titans. The Young Avengers. X-Men. Kick-Ass.
    She has years of extensive training. Her father was killed in the attack on New York and she saw Hawkeye fighting in the battle. She has been training since then to be a protector so she doesn't lose someone again.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yea, I caught that she has trained but I'm expecting a little more than just she's really motivated. I know guys who have been in martial arts 10+ years, that's not super hero exceptional. Even Shang Chi was trained by the Ten Rings and a father that has been in many battles over 1000+ years.

I'm hoping there's a deeper explanation for her skills down the road. The MCU has done a better job so far explaining abilities. The 'I just trained really hard independently from a young age' is really typical in comics though so we'll see.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're trying to be cute, but I never liked those things you mentioned. Robin? C'monnnn. X-Men and Spiderman, when I got into them, were not about teenagers. Peter Parker was NOT in high school when I was reading. The X-Men -- Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke, they were teens? I don't think so, fam. I'm okay with a kid here and there, but an entire team of them? Not intriguing to me.

If anything, you should have mentioned Invincible. Which isn't even really for kids to be watching.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think of it this way (without knowing anything about the comics): Kate Bishop is rich and her mother would want only the best for her daughter, so she got the best trainers money can buy at a young age. Kate's Mom owner of a security company (and ties to crime?) would know the best people for self defense. A motivated Kate training with the best, she already has a leg up. Look at how she assessed the skill level of the Swordsman guy.

Yes Clint was trained by SHIELD, but it was never explained why he was so good with the Bow and Arrow, we just assumed he was either talented or just worked really hard. We can do the same for Kate Bishop. Also, first couple episodes of this show just showcases Clint being just a guy going up against universe breaking events.

Add to that, this is an origin story for Kate so she came in highly skilled and will learn from Clint to make her into a hero. We already saw how Clint was coaching her to clean her wounds.

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

With some grit, even you can become Hawkeye, the Avenger with no powers!

I guess I'm expecting too much but this is trending to DC/CW network status.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just finished the first two episodes. I dig it so far and like the lead. I think it will end up being a fun show.

Everyone is expecting too much I feel. We are still at the beginning of this new phase, so we have a ways to go before it all comes together.

I think it’s going to be tough to come close to the first go round but I’m going to be patient. Marvel has earned my trust, so I’m just going to try an enjoy the ride.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Idk, until Marvel releases Hindsight Lad, Dr. Bong, and Leather Boy they've honestly failed the MCU.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/worst-comic-book-characters-marvel/

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Plus, there is a good chance her mother is into some evil shiot, so if her daughter got a super serum it would not surprise me. Basically, the plot has followed the spiderman plot quite a bit including the family dinner, so there's going to be some kind of reveal on how she is so good. My guess is that she was trained after the events of NYC to be a psycho, probably even fought Ronin a few times, then somehow forgot she was evil, and regained her good life & memory. That would fall right in with the Ronin story. And give them a reasonable hero villain arc whether we like it or not.

#72 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

Kinda recognized the Steinfeld girl from Bumblebee, but never paid her much attention, however, she's had a quite a run of success already in her career and it seems she's very good at knowing how to be on for the camera. Like her versatility of being able to play and look like a normal girl one second and play and look like hottie the next.

Jontro likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

prolly won't watch the series, but hailee can get it. she was hot in pitch perfect too.

tinman likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im enjoying this series a lot more than Loki. Loki was so boring, while everyone was telling me it was great..

This series is fun.. The arrows action in the 3rd episode was so fun.

all the MCU characters everyone loves I'm indifferent on: Can't stand Loki, Don't care about Kingpin who I think makes an appearance in this episode, Spiderman is just there to me.. I enjoy the films though.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Shes riding a kids pony quarter ride in ep3.

Great episode and what an Easter egg!

Jontro likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

That was fun

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Female Hawkeye. Female Thor. Female Hulk.

Not sure they realize who they think their crowd is. I love females, but have zero interest in some great comic heroes all turning into women. I can't see this working out.

RKREBORN and Jontro like this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What was the Easter egg?